It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deviant art must be banned!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

A better analogue would be someone showing how alcohol can be used to cook in a meth stove geting arrested or someone explaining the surgical uses of alcohol as an antiseptic being arrested

Rog was really highlighting the dangers of authoritarian rulers in his show and quell surprise the Germans want him arrested for it.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: gortex

SS uniform is also a symbol

Right, he wore clothes styled to put people in mind of an SS uniform, though apart from it being black with a red arm band there is nothing there to actually mark it as an SS uniform, Or are the Germans gonna arrest anyone in a black or brown shirt from now on? Cos of symbolism?

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   

SS uniform is also a symbol

Are long leather coats banned in Germany now ?

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

It's cute you think Germany is authoritarian.
But I mean it's probably difficult as British person still in a monarchy to accept your own flaws, so I take this as your first step to the realisation England has a two classes society.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   

It's cute you think Germany is authoritarian.
But I mean it's probably difficult as British person still in a monarchy to accept your own flaws, so I take this as your first step to the realisation England has a two classes society.

You wont find me sticking up for Monarchy mate, especially as our monarchs are also Germans these days

Well Germany is being authoritarian here, call it what it is.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   

If laws are authoritarian: ok

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:14 AM
link   

so I take this as your first step to the realisation England has a two classes society.

We've known that forever , although we actually have a three class society.

I know my place.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Oh please. If that wasn't a ss uniform his whole show doesn't work

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Well some laws are... for instance, Jews can not own property....Germans must not marry Jews...Jews cannot mix with Germans in normal schools,,,,all authoritarian.

Do not murder or rape people...do not steal people's stuff...Do not drive like a twat. Also authoritarian but hopefully you can see the good sense and equity in these latter laws

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   

The symbolism is obvious but, where are the lightning bolts or the totenkopf? Where is the swastika? Nowhere, so you gonna arrest everyone with a deaths head now too? Better not tell that to the Lancers who used to be part of the BAOR protecting you for all those years.

This is the trouble with using the law like this it has to be codified, so like Gortex said, you cant just arrest everyone with a long leather coat.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Really ? , here's his whole show where he only wears the coat for the songs associated with it , have you ever seen Pink Floyd The Wall ?

From the film , back when people weren't so delicate.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Well some laws are... for instance, Jews can not own property....Germans must not marry Jews...Jews cannot mix with Germans in normal schools,,,,all authoritarian.

And that is what you equate with the whatshisname of the OP being not allowed to wear Nazi outfits/symbols on stage? These are things of the same magnitude for you?

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:27 AM
link   
In a 1984ish clown world not that surprising. War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength. They, the "transformers", simply turn everything upside down since at least 2020. Pro democracy protests are colored Nazi by them and their propaganda MSM. Everybody who isn´t in line with the transformers is an enemy for them. Burning coal is now the clean solution to reduce CO2 emissions while nuclear power plants are the "climate killer" somehow here in Idiocracy-Germany. Offenders are activists and real activists are offenders (of course right-wing, Nazi etc). They tell us we have to care about an US "journalist" who got arrested in Russia while Assange, Snowden...

We must be very careful that they don´t turn days into night and vice versa, if it only fits their agenda. Then they simply will tell us that it´s pitch black night in broad daylight. And if you don´t agree... Nazi!

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   

No Pink Floyd is really not my thing.
Still the context gives meaning to it.
And no matter how much we discuss the coat: it is right that Nazi symbols aren't allowed in Germany.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

If you were German my little Reichsbürger you'd know the law is not a recent thing

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   

It's against the law in Germany to display Nazi symbols for very obvious reasons.
That's just how it is.

Yet the Germans had no problem with Waters wearing exactly the same stage outfit when he performed The Wall in Berlin in 1990 - just after a certain other wall had come down .....

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachterHow do you feel about Nazi Symbology? We all know Peeple hates it I would be interested in your view though.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   

And that is what you equate with the whatshisname of the OP being not allowed to wear Nazi outfits/symbols on stage? These are things of the same magnitude for you?

No I equate it to say, the Nazis denying people like Picasso the chance to have their art seen because it was "deviant" I equate it to the book burnings they used to like...to the closure of art galleries that exhibited proscribed artists.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Different context, I'd guess

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:46 AM
link   

And no matter how much we discuss the coat: it is right that Nazi symbols aren't allowed in Germany.

Which is understandable , as far as I'm aware Nazi symbols aren't allowed in Europe so Germany isn't alone there but Roger has displayed no Nazi symbols , the problem stems from Roger using the Name of Anne Frank in a list which also contains the name of a Palestinian killed by the IDF which upset some Jewish people , he displayed the same kind of list when I saw him in 2011 , one of the best shows I've ever seen , I teared up when the name of Jean Charles de Menezes was displayed ... the innocent man murdered by MET police in 2005.

edit on 27-5-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join