It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Nutrition – The Elite Know What Most American's Do Not

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Fruit is a issue but I'll splurge for it same with eggs & yogurt.

You can freeze most fresh fruit (it's mostly water).

You can also dehydrate fruit. Raisins are my go-to.

I'm not a big chicken fan, but Pork and Beef are so expensive right now, I'm living off chicken and whatever cheap fish I can find. Need to get up to the lake next weekend to try to catch the limit.

I'm just glad the cheap chicken they've got at the Safeway near me doesn't have that genetic defect (i.e. lab grown) that causes the meat to be stringy and have a weird texture.

I've had a total of 2 chicken sandwiches from McDonald's in my life. They were both after they released the "fancier" chicken sandwich most recently. Both times I couldn't get through more than one bite because the meat was so weird.
edit on 14-5-2023 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Caver78

Do things like look for the meat on discount because it's about to go over. You can sometimes get whole chickens there. You cook up the bird, get lots of meat, use the carcass for broth ... One bird, bought on the cheap, will stretch to become a component of lots of meals if you do it right.

Yep, whole chickens are the way to go. Chicken broth is so expensive that buying a whole chicken pays for itself several times over.

Also ordering bigger bags of stuff like rice and dried beans works wonders. I get 15lbs bags of jasmine rice and 5lbs bags of different kinds of dried beans(kidney, black eye peas, cranberry). The chicken stock from the carcass always goes with the rice.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Years ago I read something in a book on nutrition that is a simple rule for eliminating harmful foods: If you cant rinse something in water, DONT eat it. When you apply this rule (which honestly, I am NOT always able to) you get rid of 99 percent of harmful foods. Think about it, you CANT rinse, ice cream, cake, donuts, French fries etc. We really aren't meant to eat things that have been so extremely modified. The other best thing you can do is eliminate ALL sugar from your diet, it CAN be done and after you do it, you stop craving sugar fairly quickly, and your body starts to heal almost immediately. In the 19th century, Americans ate around 2 lbs. of sugar a year; now we eat around ONE HUNDRED FIFTY lbs. a year. I can remember even back in the late 60s and 70s, you didn't see anything near the level of obesity we see now. That's largely because of high fructose corn syrup, which destroys the liver over time as badly as alcohol does. Eliminate the sugar and stop processed foods and your health will immediately start to improve.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: Timber13

Growing up. I was raised on my mothers family farms as they had several farms. I worked on them during summers until I was liberated at 16. All vegetables fruits and berries so we had what I considered to be organic foods growing up. I remember the flavor of the tomatoes. They also raised pigs and chickens for meat and eggs. My grandfather had a smoke house and I recall the hams and bacon hanging. They were not salty and bacon post cooking was 1/4" thick with eggs.

People eat so much junk today. It could be ignorance or just simple lazy. We today eat lean meats. I live in South Carolina and Publix has a boneless sirloin pork chop about 1" thick. I buy them when the graing looks good. We then shake and bake and they are tender and soft. Little fat.

For sure.

This had me thinking back. When I was young, I remember asking for fast food but wasn't often allowed it. It was a treat because it cost money we didn't have.

Yet, we had vegitables, meat, fruits, anytime, all the time. We ate very healthy and we never bought vegies from a store. Everything came from someone's back yard. There were a lot of trading.

For a long time, saving money meant cooking. If you wanted to save, you cooked and have leftovers for 2 days. I don't know that this is cost effective anymore. Seems like all many people can afford is junk because that's mostly what's on the shelves now.

We've come a long way in 40 years, from good nutritious food to everything available being poison that will shorten your life by 20-30 years. Pair that with forever chemicals...

Man we really screwed ourselves.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Timber13

Man we really screwed ourselves.

Yes, we sure did. FDA anyone ?

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

. The other best thing you can do is eliminate ALL sugar from your diet, it CAN be done

In 2021 I began to count added sugars. We rarely eat junk food or sweets. Meats are lean and we now have a free range farmer who sells pure organic eggs.

We just bought another lot over one acre with lake access for irrigation. We plan on having several orchards and a large garden. Our issues are beavers, deer and rabbits.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I often wonder if we were all better when we smoked cigarettes'. Sure, lung cancer is real but when compared against what is ongoing today one does wonder

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mdtaylorjr1

In the North they will have an entire aisle of frozen vegetables. In the South they may have a 1/4 long aisle of frozen vegetables. Southerners have very poor diets in my opinion as I have lived in Georgia and South Carolina. Everything is sweet and sugary. Even the vegetables

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join