It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Esssex Police send 6 officers to remove golliwog dolls from a pub in Essex.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Oddly enough, one of the channels I subscribe to...

covered this story.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Lets have some transparency as to who assigned these resources and why.

Someone in Essex Constabulary must be proud of the decisions made here - so lets find out who it was, who appointed them, and what - if any - thier interest is in having the licencees of 17 years standing lose thier income.

edit on 10-4-2023 by Doxanoxa because: Bad typo on my part.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

Western society as a whole has gotten too soft to survive.
We’ve got it too good.
We’ve run out of problems to fix and are now creating problems....to fix later, maybe?

EXACTLY!!! Too soft. You don't need to do anything to exist. Everything is provided and it's too easy to live, too much time on people's hands. They're bored and creating a reason for action of any type to feel needed and unfortunately, it's create a massive neurosis to just about everything.

When people are busy trying to provide for themselves and put food on the table, they have no time for this woke chi#t. There's a happy medium and this is NOT it. The average person is trying to put food on the table and having to walk on egg shells so they don't step on any one of the HUNDREDS of offensive platforms out there. We live in the "Minesweeper" world now.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

Thats a good call, trouble is, you wont ever find out just like he way the Met police rally round to protect all the rapist cops, so the rest of them will rally round to protect these wastes of skin.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I bet Braverman knows, and knows why.

She should say rather than faking outrage. Either that or another reason she should be fired. Then again...

Strange how a number of senior politicians of a conservative hue are outraged by the apparent soft treatment of minorites by the Establishment at around the same time.

I wonder if the on this occaision "The Lady doth protest too much" to quote Shakespere.I

'm also curious as to what will said when the Licencees come up for renewal, after all a raid hy 6 officers can't be overlooked.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I wonder the legality of the police doing this. Are the police going to start to confiscate things which they agree are offensive, or hurtful?

I am uneasy about the police being the judge and jury when it comes to things people may not like.

In the UK, the police are becoming a bit of a joke.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Stash your golliwogs and other goodies in the loft or under the floor.

I twenty years time, when people come to their senses, those toys will be rare and very collectable. Big money for rare toys.

Either that, or possession of a children's toy will be a hanging offense.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Many years ago when I travelled up and down the length and breadth of the UK working for Mitsubishi, I used to prefer overnight stays in Michelin recommended/starred pubs.
I remember paper bank notes from all over the world, baseball caps with logos, lost count of how many brasses I've seen, toy cars was another one.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
My grandma knitted mine and I still have it. Also a few badges and a complete set of the porcelain 'band'.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I wonder the legality of the police doing this. Are the police going to start to confiscate things which they agree are offensive, or hurtful?

I am uneasy about the police being the judge and jury when it comes to things people may not like.

In the UK, the police are becoming a bit of a joke.

they already do confiscate such things, when sent to homes pof women speaking out for women's rights who may have offense some man the police are already confiscating books they deem hate crimes for existing but nothings done as the heif constables and courts are on their side..

this fits with the whole idea you can report someone for a hate crime if they look like they might be praying in their heads, yes some christian do that to get arrested for hate crimes to have their day in court but many others take the easy route and accept being criminalised as its is easier when in a cell to admit whatever the police tell you to to get released..

when put together these things feather into why i believe we are heading for another reformation or at worst another imposition of the bloody code by an elite desperate to force compliance.. and it'll be why labour attack lines that they'll be far harder on hate crimes that'll end up backfiring on them.

lets not forget that same class wanted lethal hamber to remove the wrong genes from british society well before the nazis created their death camps.. we've been here before many times going all the way back to the harrying of the north which came at the tail end of what william did to the saxons in sussex and kent for non compliance.

the thing is these overly totalitarian types always create their own opponents.. from De Montford to farage (like trump johnson really has no part to play in events except as a media opportunist) more recently the police overstep has created the likes of posie parker as the new De Montford/john Ball/jack cade/farage type figure to rally behind.. her "ADULT HUMAN FEMALE" is now feathering into popular culture with dictionary definitions of mothers, grandmother, father etc on cards/tshirt/pillows/picture frames and it'll be the new union flag on everything that britpop was..

the police are now so captured they've oves from being tools of activists to becoming activists themselves implementing laws that don't even exist and its not just in the uk.. its happening across the west. at some point it will lead to deaths and perhaps a turning point for the police as peterloo was for the yeomanry.

but either way we verge on another reformation as our democracy needs fixing..

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewNobodySpecial268
Stash your golliwogs and other goodies in the loft or under the floor.

I twenty years time, when people come to their senses, those toys will be rare and very collectable. Big money for rare toys.

Either that, or possession of a children's toy will be a hanging offense.

for Britain it all looks like a new bloody code..

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

That's a smashing thing to have Jane, i hope they bring you lots of fond memories.

I've still got a load of porcelain items, plates, and figurines my gran left me also.

And bells, she was really into bells for some reason. Display cabinet full of the items.
edit on 11-4-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They do it with scooters.

Granted some of the little twats jumping around on them can be rather silent and dangerous.

But when police are willing to walk past and turn a blind eye to the likes of junkies dealing fake valium and smack to one another, without even a second look, and then proceed to stop and confiscate some silly wee teenager's electric scooter in the next breath, you have to wonder as to their ability and commitment to police the area.

As to the police becoming a bit of a joke, i tend to agree as there is little to no respect or trust, which has simply gone out the window where most people are concerned these days, standing joke and then some really, and all of their own making imho.

edit on 11-4-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I went and had a look at some pictures of this doll, and they look cute to me. I think that these dolls celebrate black people more than anything else. Admittedly it is an exaggerated caricature of black people, but seems to be that way as it is a child's toy, not to be hateful toward another race.

I don't believe this to be a "grotesque imitation or misrepresentation" to make black people seem less human like the caricatures of the Jewish people that the Nazi's made back in WWII. These dolls might be disrespectful to some, but I don't think this was meant to be hateful.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

Western society as a whole has gotten too soft to survive.
We’ve got it too good.
We’ve run out of problems to fix and are now creating problems....to fix later, maybe?

I mean; there is a host of actual problems to fix, we just know they are hard problems, it's much easier to just create fake problems that don't require fixes and pretend to fix them, than it is to fix actual hard problems.

I agree we've gotten soft, and soft happens when it's too good. It's also propaganda, it's thick, and everywhere, it's in every TV show, every song, every community event -- it's systemic, so I don't blame people, they never had a chance.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Interesting thing about the Express is that sometimes they carry legit stories the other media doesn't.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I agree, put the disclaimer in there to forestall replies along the lines of "Thats not news, the express makes this stuff up"

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I was going to sell 'The Band' but my so, who must have been about 14 at the time asked if he could have them. He saw no racial connection at all. He wanted to know their history and I explained how you had to save labels off their marmalade jars and such and send them in. In return you got another Gollywog band member. He was fascinated and still didn't change his mind when I then explained haw they are now perceived as racist. He really couldn't see it and thought it stupid. He still does and he's 26 now!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hang on it's a crime to have a cute doll of a white person dressed as a black person because its racist...but actual men prancing around dressed like women are fine?

Women are even more mistreated throughout history by men, than black folk ever were by white people. I think a woman is killed by a man at something like seven every hour.

Yet when those who cause the oppression, violence, forced labour, rapes and murders then take the piss out of us women...they are brave and can read to children.

I don't know anymore. Seems highly illogical.
If men can womenface, then golliwogs should be back in the shops as well, you can't pick and mix.

Its almost as if it's ok to totally feck off women, but not people with more melanin.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I just have two questions

Is AOC okay?

Was this Trumps fault?

This is literally worse than 9/11 or that time someone left out a tin of biscuits and they got stale before tea.

<< 1    3 >>

join