It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Esssex Police send 6 officers to remove golliwog dolls from a pub in Essex.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sauce

Yes it is the Express which is a sort of bat# fox news kind of a paper.

but seriously, when over 90 per cent of rapes are going unpunished, and people are getting stabbed all over London, does it make any sense at all to send 6 (yes SIx) police officers to confiscate some dolls for a hate crime?

This is something so frustratingly Orwellian and yet we tried warning people back in the day when they were going on about hate crimes.

For those that dont know, golliwogs were racist chariactures of black people in the same vein as black and white minstrels,,,they were thoroughly normalised in the UK though you used to get badges of them given away with Robertsons Jam until the late 80s.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Western society as a whole has gotten too soft to survive.
We’ve got it too good.
We’ve run out of problems to fix and are now creating problems....to fix later, maybe?

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Shocking, but not surprising.

You'd think Plod would have better things to do, but sadly, not.

Try getting the Police to come out to investigate a burglary, even when the perp is on CCTV filmed breaking in to a house. They don't have the resources, apparently.

Yet they have 6 Officers free to do this?

Gaaah!!!!

edit on 10-4-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Shocking, but not surprising.

You'd think Plod would have better things to do, but sadly, not.

Try getting the Police to come out to investigate a burglary, even when the perp is on CCTV filmed breaking in to a house. They don't have the resources, apparently.

Yet they have 6 Officers free to do this?

Gaaah!!!!

Dead right mate, its disgusting...worse so when we dont have the option of refusing to pay the police levy in the council tax bill. I saw at the bottom of the article they had some idiot crowing about how they take crime seriously...Bloody joke the lot of them

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Nice to see the Police are on the ball and preventing real crimes from taking place.

So that's one less golliwog on the loose and able to run rampant.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Notabot12345666

I dunno as it has gotten too soft...just that those in charge make no attempt to hide their disdain for the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I read the entire article, It's hilarious. There's an ongoing investigation!

A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We are investigating an allegation of hate crime reported to us on 24 February. On Tuesday, 4 April, officers seized several items in connection with that investigation. "The investigation is ongoing so we will not be commenting further at this stage. "The force is proud of the work we do to prevent crime, tackle offenders and build trust and confidence in all communities."

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Your lucky if they even bother to send forensics out within the first 24-48 hours regarding burglaries.

Which means the crime scene is generally contaminated beyond being of any real help.

Or the evidence gathered able to be used in court.

Then again I'm sure you know all that mate.

I actually have a pal who they burglarised his home and stole a smartphone, which the fellow managed to track to the house where the perp resided or was laying his head using the "find my phone app" type thingamabob.

And the Police refused to even intervene. Even going so far as to tell the guy he would be charged with breach of the peace and assault if he botherd to go to the door and do something about it himself.

edit on 10-4-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Mind you, the Met probably have their hands full investigating over 1000 of it's own officers for sex crimes.....

www.openaccessgovernment.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I read the entire article, It's hilarious. There's an ongoing investigation!

A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We are investigating an allegation of hate crime reported to us on 24 February. On Tuesday, 4 April, officers seized several items in connection with that investigation. "The investigation is ongoing so we will not be commenting further at this stage. "The force is proud of the work we do to prevent crime, tackle offenders and build trust and confidence in all communities."

I know, right? and our courts are backed up like you wouldn't believe, it can take 18 months to get a court date to sort out a motor accident now, who has time for that? and this is why cos they are filling the system with this rubbish

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I do know that, indeed. Can't say any more on here, though.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

This is something so frustratingly Orwellian and yet we tried warning people back in the day when they were going on about hate crimes.

And it happened under a Conservative government , Orwellian through and through.

To be fair to the police they didn't know what they were taking on , not all golliwogs are as friendly as the Robertsons chap.

Those were the days , we didn't know how free we were.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Wow. What a serious crime. Do they get the gallows for that? Or just life in prison?

ETA: I thought Golliwogs represented the minstrels who were painted up as black people, not black people themselves. I have read some history on the little girl who came up with them, but I have also read conflicting representations.

edit on 4/10/2023 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 4/10/2023 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

No, but:

www.cps.gov.uk...

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yep.

The Black and White Minstrel Show from the 70s would explode some woke folks heads, too.

Google it!

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I used to collect the Robertsons jams Golliw*g badges when I was little.

Alright Officers, I'll come quietly......

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No, but:

www.cps.gov.uk...

They are quite proud of those numbers, aren't they?

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yep.

The Black and White Minstrel Show from the 70s would explode some woke folks heads, too.

Google it!

I'm sure the ones from the late 1800's to early 1900's would have an even more dramatic effect. No political correctness at all at that time.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Indeed.

In my circles, they are called the Can't Prosecute Service, or the Clown Prosecution Service.

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

My very first teddy was a golliwog.

Apparently presented to me by Grandpa not that long after i was born and that i was inseparable from until i was 5 or thereabouts.

Still remember the feel of that thing......and my silk blanket, at some sort of level. LoL

Ffs this is like "therapy" now......quiet Andy back to the footy highlights.

<<   2  3 >>

join