It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Terror? What Terror?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
First, I'd like to say HI to everyone. I'm green. First post, figured I'd skip the "welcome" forum and hop right into discussion

I am tired of the repetetive misuse of the term "War on Terror," the word "Terror," and associated implications.

Why is the majority of the dillusioned American public still believe the garbage fed to us by our deeply governmentally influenced (borderline state run) media?
I am assuming the majority of you on this board already believe the following as fact: 1) WTC - our government did it. 2) Patriot Act - implemented to control the American Public and the flow of information. 3) Al Qaeda - fabricated reason to begin invasion of the middle east, to effectively control oil......ETC.....list goes on....

My question. How are so many people still convinced there is an immediate foreign threat to this country? I am astounded at the effectiveness of the brainwashing that our government has achieved on the majority of Americans. Why are most people convinced that whatever international problems this country faces are NOT our own fault???

Ill leave the first post at this, I've got more on the mind but I'll save it for the replies. Insight and opposing discussion, lets hear it.

-Cetnik

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Why are most people convinced that whatever international problems this country faces are NOT our own fault???

You know what's funny? The majority of the world thinks that all the international problems your country faces ARE your own fault!!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
War on terror will never end, as long as there is religion and people who use a couple thousand year old book to Justify their actions. and as long as there is people who's like "my god is better than yours" there will always be terrorism.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
War on Terror?

I don't know, but maybe you might want to peruse the Peak Oil forum.

I'm thinking this "WoT" will go on for many years, and other nations are going to have a war or two of their own.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thomas Crowne, do you mean something like "war for oil" instead of war on terror?
Personaly, I think that much of today's terrorism is related rather on who's controling the oil than religion....In fact, in this context, I see religion just as a pretext for war, hiding the main reason of the conflict between de arbic muslimans (who have oil) and the rest of the christian world, poor on oil reserves.
The problem with this thread's subjects is that almost everybody is thinking about Al Queda and so on, but lets not forget the IRA, ETA, Aum...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
FEAR

The war on terror has been exploited by corrupted warhawks and political neocons. The goal is to gain unprecedented power in a tyranny system within our democracy, slowly stripping away at our constitution all in the name of national security.

If we continue fear enough, anything is possible for these evil doers.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, well, syntaxer, you reminded me of Orwell's "1984" (the Big Brother) (
your name remindes me of "newspeak" from that same book
)
If we are to reffer to that book, than we can say that war on terror will never end, beacause for the present system to survive it needs to be a permanent war, with today's enemies - yesterday's allies and tomorrow's good old (centuries old
) friends!!

edit: unfortunetly

war
!

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Apass]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Oil, Syntaxer, oil.
You know, "black gold".
In addition to what TC has mentioned, I would add the very same sentiments: head for the new forum: Peak Oil, but in case you and others don't, maybe this will prove of interest:

As the US economy begins to rapidly disintegrate, massive civil unrest may break out as the various factions of the divided American citizenry seek to blame the economic situation on whoever their favorite scapegoat is. Liberals and blue-states will blame "Bush, Big-Oil and the Neocons" while conservatives and red-staters will blame "Bin-Laden, Big-Government, and the Extreme Left."

Interested yet?
How about this:

The US government has been aware of Peak Oil since at least 1977 and has been actively planning for this crisis for over 30 years.

Three decades of careful, plotting analysis has yielded a comprehensive, sophisticated, and multi-faceted plan in which military force will be used to secure and control the globe's energy resources. This plan is simplistically, but not altogether inaccurately - known as "Go to War to Get Oil."

Interested? Not yet?
Okie dokie. Suit yourself.

How about this then:

That's a diplomatic way of saying we are going to be fighting oil wars for a very long time.

Interested now?
Let me add this just as a door prize:

The war in Iraq, which has been 23 years in the making, is just the beginning of a worldwide war that "will not end in our lifetime." The reason our leaders are telling us the "war on terror will last 50 years" and that the US engagement in the Middle East is now a "generational commitment" is two-fold:

1. All the countries accused of harboring terrorists - Iraq, Iran, Syria,

West Africa, Saudi Arabia - also happen to harbor large oil reserves.

2. Within 40-50 years, even these countries will see their oil reserves

almost entirely depleted. At that point, the "war on terror" will come

to an end.

While the Middle East countries find themselves targets in the "war on terror", China, Russia, and Latin America find themselves targets in the recently declared and much more expansive "war on tyranny."

Whereas the "war on terror" is really a war for control of the world's oil reserves, this newly declared "war on tyranny" is really a war for control of the world's oil distribution and transportation chokepoints.

Life After the Oil Crash

Be certain of one thing, this is not simply a US matter, but a worldwide event and looming crisis, subject to cause MAJOR, if not catastrophic, world economic CRISIS.

seekerof

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Oil, Syntaxer, oil.
You know, "black gold".

to an end.

While the Middle East countries find themselves targets in the "war on terror", China, Russia, and Latin America find themselves targets in the recently declared and much more expansive "war on tyranny."

Whereas the "war on terror" is really a war for control of the world's oil reserves, this newly declared "war on tyranny" is really a war for control of the world's oil distribution and transportation chokepoints.

Interesting point of view...plausible point of view...at least for me

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
War on terror will never end, as long as there is religion and people who use a couple thousand year old book to Justify their actions. and as long as there is people who's like "my god is better than yours" there will always be terrorism.

You are forgetting the corporate elite that is using these fears and misconception to their advantadge.
This world is not what it seems, its all a orchestrated illusion.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apass

Oil, Syntaxer, oil.
You know, "black gold".

to an end.

Interesting point of view...plausible point of view...at least for me

Interesting is the fact that almost all americans have been brainwashed in believing that the US is the most ideal country in the world and these countries mentioned are tyrannical.
Its sad and pathetic at the same time u cant even see that ur current administration is destroying the US as a free and democratic country and is aming at war in the rest of the world.

Americans are the most pathetic people on the face of the earth for supporting this BS.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What Terror???

Afterdark, you might want to go to NYC and look at the empty field where the Twin Towers use to stand.

A little less than 3000 people died and if they were YOUR family members or friends who died there, Im sure you would not have written this thread.

The terrorists were hoping to take out 50,000 Americans that day and the next time they just might!! Pull out your history books and you'll see America reacted to being attacked in 2001, the same way we re-acted in 1890 when the Sioux Injuns attacked settlers in Dakota.

We acted exactly the same way than as we did now....we hunt the bastards down and kill the guilty ones. American mentality has not changed much in the last 115 years.

Look at the way America reacted when the Imperial Japanese Navy attacked us? it was no different. If you read up on American History, you'll find that we're very predictible.

Theres still danger out there, Islamic terrorist are planning to kill Americans...even as I type this and if that happens, it will start all over again.

Maximu§

[edit on 033030p://555 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Theres still danger out there, Islamic terrorist are planning to kill Americans...even as I type this and if that happens, it will start all over again.

Oh, yes? And how many people died in Iran when the US was financeing Irak lead by the good old friend Saddam?

Or in Afganistan, when the US financed the radicals to fight against the soviets?

LA_Maximus, don't be so cathegorical! The US aren't as innocent as you think they are...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

LA_Maximus, don't be so cathegorical! The US aren't as innocent as you think they are...

Apass, my friend. You waste your time with Max. He's as brainwashed as they come. You'll never convince him that the U.S. is guilty of anything.

Yes, 3,000 deaths in New York and Washington was a tragedy...one of the government's own making I might add. But boy, they showed those Iraqi's who's boss didn't they? Iraq...that had nothing to do with 9/11. All I can do is shake my head in disbelief.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
Apass, my friend. You waste your time with Max. He's as brainwashed as they come.

Ahem, Im not even sure what "cathegorical" means Alwayslearning...so I was not insulted.

Im not as brainwashed as you think, Im quite independent in my thinking.

Maximu§

[edit on 043030p://555 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sorry LA_Maximus, that should have been "categorical"...but let's not deviate from the subject (by the way, I hate the "insert" key and keyboards with small "backspace" key...all I get when I want to delete a misstype is \\\\\\....
).

I think we should consider this war on terror from an objective point of view (how fancy it sounds), and as Seekerof pointed out so nicely (better than I could ever do it myself), we should not forget the main reason behind all of this - who is in control of the oil resourcess is, in fact, in control of the world.

Of course people die in the name of some god, but that's only from a supperficial perspective. I'm not going to debate on what god is better (Allah, God, the jewish God...) beacause it will be a waste of time and neurons...(
)!
Today's leader isn't the pope (rest in peace, though I'm an orthodox), or some orthodox bishop, or some other religional man. No! Today's leaders are money, oil and world domination.
My point.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Of course people die in the name of some god, but that's only from a supperficial perspective. I'm not going to debate on what god is better (Allah, God, the jewish God...) beacause it will be a waste of time and neurons...(
)!
Today's leader isn't the pope (rest in peace, though I'm an orthodox), or some orthodox bishop, or some other religional man. No! Today's leaders are money, oil and world domination.
My point.

Yes, religion is always the excuse. But to me, anything done in the "name of God" is suspect. Especially when it benefits one side over another. Didn't he say - "do unto your neighbour what you would have done to you" and "love thy enemy"?

But oil, money and power....now you get to the heart of the matter.

The War on Terror (WOT - What?) is a ruse...a means to an end. Keep people scared and they'll do anything the government says and succumb to any invasion of privacy or liberty. On top of that, they'll repeat it over and over and the more they repeat it, the more they believe it. The government must love that.

The sooner my friend Max learns this, the better.
I think he's basically a good guy who loves his country. Nothing wrong with that. But when your country imposes its will on others under the guise of protecting you, doesn't matter how much you love your country...you just have to question why and who is benefitting from it all.

[edit on 8/4/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterdark
First, I'd like to say HI to everyone. I'm green. First post, figured I'd skip the
"welcome" forum and hop right into discussion

Hey afterdark....welcome to ATS. Just wanted to say, great thread. Boy, you jumped right into the fire, huh? Good stuff!

Have fun and learn lots!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Oil, Syntaxer, oil.
You know, "black gold".
In addition to what TC has mentioned, I would add the very same sentiments: head for the new forum: Peak Oil, but in case you and others don't, maybe this will prove of interest:

-snip-

Life After the Oil Crash

-snip-

Be certain of one thing, this is not simply a US matter, but a worldwide event and looming crisis, subject to cause MAJOR, if not catastrophic, world economic CRISIS.

Well, never say never. I'm actually in agreement with you today, Seekerof! You are, pardon the pun, right on the money with this. Thanks for the fascinating link. I'm sure I'll be spending a good deal of time there.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Maximus, I've seen pictures, thats good enough. And yes, even if someone close to me perished in the WTC disaster, I would have written this thread. Why? Because, the "terrorists" which we were told committed this atrocity were none other than Americans within our own government.

I am a Civil Engineer with a focus on site development by trade (3 yrs out of school), and with significant research, and individual calculations, I--along with SEVERAL friends in the field--have determined that there was NO possible way in the dark depths of HELL even, that the WTC could have been leveled by those airliners.

Not a person within the firm I work with believes that those towers could have been brought down by a few thousand pounds of jet fuel. It is a simple fact of science and physics that the heat at which fuel burns is not even CLOSE to enough energy needed to cause structural steel to fail in the manner which was claimed. And if by chance, it was, the buildings would NOT have imploded, the point at which the steel failed would have coupled over, and that section would have fallen off.

Disregarding the fact that the majority of Americans are too brainwashed by our government, and believe that our government is infallable; they can live their lives with the wool pulled over their eyes. It's a simple fact, verifiable by intention and events. The government needed a VERY GOOD reason to implement the Patriot Act, and this was an easy way.

FYI: Ponder this. 1) There were no terrorists on the planes, the terrorists which were claimed to have been on the flights, are still alive, most of them at least. 2) The airliners flight controls (fly by wire, no mechancial controls) were remotely taken over by "someone" 3) obvious explosions at key structural points of WTC.

Believe it or not. Your own ignorance is at stake.

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
What Terror???

Afterdark, you might want to go to NYC and look at the empty field where the Twin Towers use to stand.

A little less than 3000 people died and if they were YOUR family members or friends who died there, Im sure you would not have written this thread.

The terrorists were hoping to take out 50,000 Americans that day and the next time they just might!!

Maximus

[edit on 033030p://555 by LA_Maximus]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join