It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The irony of the covid threat...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Mum got very ill as of last week. Long story short, covid positive and still In isolation. I too was rat tested and I too was positive. This was last Friday by the way.. self testing today, Nada...one line, no symptoms? What a hamburger with no meat

Anyone else test positive to no ill effects?

And my health is dire, so I am just confused at all of this...

O.o

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

The common flu and common cold are now called Covid.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

The common flu and common cold are now called Covid.

Everything is Covid. Gotta scare everyone to make them do as they are told.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Guess, I am missing the question here. You got sick and tested positive for Covid and was sick. Them tested and again and wasn’t sick? Is this not how illness works? You can get sick, then you get better. If the question is can you test positive after your sickness, yes, you can. Your body has learned to fight off the virus, but residuals or traces of any virus may still be there. So yes, you can have a false, positive.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
Mum got very ill as of last week. Long story short, covid positive and still In isolation. I too was rat tested and I too was positive. This was last Friday by the way.. self testing today, Nada...one line, no symptoms? What a hamburger with no meat

O.o

Unfortunately, I finally got covid in September this past fall. Was sick for a little over 2 weeks. It was so weird...first night had sore throat. That turned into such severe left shoulder pain that I didn't hardly sleep for about 4 days, then the shoulder pain just stopped and I started having the typical congestion in my nose and chest. Wasn't a lot of congestion, but ended up going to the ER twice because I felt like I couldn't breath. Both times my oxygen levels were good, and they didnt see any pneumonia or anything in my lungs. So basically I sat and stared at my computer monitor the first week then by the second week I felt well enough to at least watch YouTube videos again. All I know is that is wasn't like a cold, it wasn't like the flu imo, and it was weird. No fever, no loss of smell, but I did crave junk food and water the whole time - very odd because I always want homemade chicken soup when sick, but it tasted terrible so couldn't eat it at all.

I still get up every day and feel so thankful to be alive, but my goal to never go in public ever again didn't last long sad to say.

Having said all that, I think covid is something, but what it really is...I don't know.

So many different symptoms and like you say...you didn't even have any symptoms! So glad you didn't because I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I went through - it got scary towards the end when it didn't seem like it would ever end.
edit on 18-1-2023 by TruthJava because: added text

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

"All I know is that is wasn't like a cold, it wasn't like the flu imo, and it was weird"

Now that statement I can certainly agree with. I'm also glad you recovered I would hate to experience not being able to breath while having this 'thing' talk about hitting the panic button.

edit on 18-1-2023 by ArchangelOger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

O.o

Unfortunately, I finally got covid in September this past fall. Was sick for a little over 2 weeks. It was so weird...first night had sore throat. That turned into such severe left shoulder pain that I didn't hardly sleep for about 4 days, then the shoulder pain just stopped and I started having the typical congestion in my nose and chest. Wasn't a lot of congestion, but ended up going to the ER twice because I felt like I couldn't breath. Both times my oxygen levels were good, and they didnt see any pneumonia or anything in my lungs. So basically I sat and stared at my computer monitor the first week then by the second week I felt well enough to at least watch YouTube videos again. All I know is that is wasn't like a cold, it wasn't like the flu imo, and it was weird. No fever, no loss of smell, but I did crave junk food and water the whole time - very odd because I always want homemade chicken soup when sick, but it tasted terrible so couldn't eat it at all.

I still get up every day and feel so thankful to be alive, but my goal to never go in public ever again didn't last long sad to say.

Having said all that, I think covid is something, but what it really is...I don't know.

So many different symptoms and like you say...you didn't even have any symptoms! So glad you didn't because I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I went through - it got scary towards the end when it didn't seem like it would ever end.

That's the thing, I have had joint pain for over a year... to
the paramedic that didn't matter. Huh? Now 5 days later, still nothing and I test negative.. unless I did the test wrong, unlikely..

I have seen on here people say it knocked them around but... they have gotten through it so it confuses me why I tested positive and 5 days later I am testing negative turns out the first person that I have met personally who has had this is hooray it's me haha

Glad you made it through brother...

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger
a reply to: TruthJava

"All I know is that is wasn't like a cold, it wasn't like the flu imo, and it was weird"

Now that statement I can certainly agree with. I'm also glad you recovered I would hate to experience not being able to breath while having this 'thing' talk about hitting the panic button.

My breathing has been fine, just a persistent cough..

But my rat test Def showed 2 lines.. crazy...

Cheers guys perhaps they're not all That accurate though...

Man I hate this tablet, lol...

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tbrooks123

No, wasn't wick. They told me I was positive. No symptoms, just to isolate. Today a rat test shows negative... that's all, just curious if anyone else had the news but had no symptoms, but were told they were because that is not on imo...

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tbrooks123
Guess, I am missing the question here. You got sick and tested positive for Covid and was sick. Them tested and again and wasn’t sick? Is this not how illness works? You can get sick, then you get better. If the question is can you test positive after your sickness, yes, you can. Your body has learned to fight off the virus, but residuals or traces of any virus may still be there. So yes, you can have a false, positive.

I was not sick, was testes because my mum was positive............ holy buckets..

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Not anymore, in this part of NY at least. After over a month of being sick on and off I first tested positive for type a flu then a couple of weeks ago was diagnosed with sinusitis and bronchitis. A few days later pneumonia which was attributed to immunosuppressant therapy and the other infections letting secondary infections in. It felt like they were purposely trying not to say covid. Not even tested for it in all the Dr and urgent care visits.

Just after New years, my brother and his family all tested positive for covid with home tests because he's a hypochondriac and tests multiple times a week and his girlfriend has been a typical gotta-be-fully-boosted, mask-alone-in-the-car type since the beginning of this joke. The doctors tried to call it anything but covid and play down the accuracy of home tests.

Not really sure what everything is about here, it's so bizarre to see things the total opposite of how they have been for 2+ years.
edit on 1/18/23 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/18/23 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
A lot of people have had Covid with no symptoms - many probably totally unaware they had it.

Unfortunately, this doesn't necessarily mean it won't have affected your immune system and long term health.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
A lot of people have had Covid with no symptoms - many probably totally unaware they had it.

Unfortunately, this doesn't necessarily mean it won't have affected your immune system and long term health.

If you have taken all your medicine that can't be true.... surely?

edit on 18-1-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   

So sorry to hear you and your family have been sick. Thinking of you and wishing everyone a speedy recovery.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I believe a common problem, when managing the pandemic, was the numbers of people who were asymptomatic. That is, people with Covid who showed no symptoms, thus were unaware that they were spreading the disease. I read something that said 30-40% of people were asymptomatic.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   
A lot of true believers where I work bragged about being "immune" to Covid because they were "vaccinated" and then got Covid and where sick with all the classic symptoms of a nasty Flu, some said they had to go to the hospital. (When they returned to work they made it a point to exclaim to the group that they sure were glad they were jabbed or it would have been much worse). Even though their symptoms matched those who got Covid but were not jabbed.

Not one of them have admitted they were wrong, nor have any apologized for being snippity Mr. and Mrs. Perfect during their failed crusade of condemning the un-jabbed. (These are the unspoken symptoms of the Covid situation).

Never has there been a virus capable of producing so many "other" symptoms that have resulted in this much brain damage.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Asymptomatic is a fancy way of saying false positive.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foundryman
Asymptomatic is a fancy way of saying false positive.

No it's not. Asymptomatic is a simple way to say that you have a disease but are not displaying the symptoms. You are not "false" positive, because you are positive.

That said, you could be counted as asymptomatic by having a false positive reading, or outcome. There was an estimated 1% of Covid tests marked as false positive, at least in the tests I read about.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

No such thing as Asymptomatic spread in the unvaccinated...

A Taiwanese study showed that the vaccinated carried exponentially higher amounts of virus in their nasopharynx than the unvaccinated.

If you are unvaccinated, infected, but aren't sick to the point of showing symptoms, your body doesn't have enough of a viral load to spread it. A representative from the WHO, a pretty young woman whom I had never seen speak before came out in late 2020 or early in 21 and announced to the world that asymptomatic spread was not occurring, and then she was not allowed to speak anymore, and the WHO had to pretzel itself back into convincing everyone that what that lady said was not accurate, even though she was quoting peer reviewed material.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I haven't, but I remember a kiwi fruit doing so.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join