It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight my local hospital looked like a Chinese Hospital

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I live in a small city and we go to a nearby fairly new hospital. Most of the time the ER is nearly empty and at least 80% of the time we go the wait is less than 30 minutes to see an MD.

Today was totally different. The ER was packed. I took an elderly person to the ER with fever and low oxygen levels. We waited 2 hours to be seen. She was immediately put on oxygen and given 2 types of antibiotics and an IV drip. Turns out she has double pneumonia after coming down with a cold a few days ago. They said she needed to be admitted, this was 3PM. At 10PM we were told that there were no beds available and she would be spending the night in the ER.

A nurse apologized and said she had a patient that was supposed to be admitted at noon and just got into a room at 9PM.

As I went home to get some rest I passed through the ER waiting room and it was twice as full as it was at 1PM when we first arrived. They were prepping beds in the hallway.

What the .... is going on?

Is this happening elsewhere in the US but no one is reporting on it?

I have heard that vaxxed people are getting very ill at record rates. She is triple vaxxed and that has me terrified.

I don't know how to check if this is nation wide and being hidden by the lapdog media.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

A hint of where you are would be helpful.

Country ... that makes a big difference. I am assuming USA because you mentioned it.

State ... another biggy.

That would do!

There are huge differences in Health Care even within a country, some worse than others.

P

edit on 6/1/2023 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   
How large is the hospital? Flu, RSV and an 'unknown' viral illness is hitting some areas pretty hard.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
I live in a small city and we go to a nearby fairly new hospital. Most of the time the ER is nearly empty and at least 80% of the time we go the wait is less than 30 minutes to see an MD.

Today was totally different. The ER was packed. I took an elderly person to the ER with fever and low oxygen levels. We waited 2 hours to be seen. She was immediately put on oxygen and given 2 types of antibiotics and an IV drip. Turns out she has double pneumonia after coming down with a cold a few days ago. They said she needed to be admitted, this was 3PM. At 10PM we were told that there were no beds available and she would be spending the night in the ER.

A nurse apologized and said she had a patient that was supposed to be admitted at noon and just got into a room at 9PM.

As I went home to get some rest I passed through the ER waiting room and it was twice as full as it was at 1PM when we first arrived. They were prepping beds in the hallway.

I have heard that vaxxed people are getting very ill at record rates. She is triple vaxxed and that has me terrified.

I don't know how to check if this is nation wide and being hidden by the lapdog media.

Why do you imagine this is being hidden, just because you didn't know about it?

A couple of weeks ago we had a local maximum in infections--corresponding with the peak of the holiday season. This has happened every year at this time for the last two years. Predictably, we are now experiencing a local peak in hospital usage, which you can see by accessing a publicly available data base:

covid19.healthdata.org...

Although this is a local peak in infections, it is still much smaller than in the first couple of years of the pandemic because 82% of the population has been vaccinated, already gotten Covid, or both. If you live in a small city, it probably looks intense because small cities and rural areas generally have fewer beds available per capita than larger urban areas.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The vaccinated have waning immunity , many of them get sick and end up to ER , many will also die . So that will effect hospitals , and i dont think we seen the worst part yet .

Waning immunity means majority of COVID deaths now among vaccinated, experts say

Vacc inated people now make majority of Covid deaths in US: Report

Quack Quack Quack, and the Bleeding of Trust

edit on 6-1-2023 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Country ... that makes a big difference. I am assuming USA because you mentioned it.

State ... another biggy.

That would do!

There are huge differences in Health Care even within a country, some worse than others.

P

I live in what many would consider the "deep south" of the USA. My city is very modern and unlike stereotypes, quite cosmopolitan. Our medical facilities are considered quite good and some travel quite a distance for a few of our famous specialties.

Even during the worst of the pandemic our local hospitals were never overloaded. We never that I know of had 100% capacity during the worst of COVID. I was keeping track then, as many of us were around the nation.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
How large is the hospital? Flu, RSV and an 'unknown' viral illness is hitting some areas pretty hard.

It is an annex sort of hospital. Our town has 1 major hospital with a second full but smaller hospital near where I live. There is also one other large hospital that is nearly as large as the major hospital. All this for a small city barely on the larger maps.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Double Pneumonia?
Is it viral and bacterial, or bacterial on bacterial?
Is she on Vancomycin, Flagyl, zanamivir, remdesivir?

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Why do you imagine this is being hidden, just because you didn't know about it?

A couple of weeks ago we had a local maximum in infections--corresponding with the peak of the holiday season. This has happened every year at this time for the last two years. Predictably, we are now experiencing a local peak in hospital usage, which you can see by accessing a publicly available data base:

covid19.healthdata.org...

Although this is a local peak in infections, it is still much smaller than in the first couple of years of the pandemic because 82% of the population has been vaccinated, already gotten Covid, or both. If you live in a small city, it probably looks intense because small cities and rural areas generally have fewer beds available per capita than larger urban areas.

I was hospitalized twice during the worst of COVID, not with COVID. I was in the larger hospital one time and the smaller one by my house the second time. I can tell you that our hospitals were never as full as the one I went to today was.

I have been seeing pictures of Chinese hospitals and saw the ER I went to today prepping hallway beds and immediately thought of China and their overloaded hospitals.

I wanted to know if anywhere else was having overflow in hospitals worse than 2020. I don't trust the media at all because they, like the Chinese media, only put out the approved propaganda of the current administration. I wondered how bad it is out there, and if our hospitals were the norm or the exception. I feel I can get a more balanced and accurate assessment of the reality of situations from reading various comments on OP's.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 11:52 PM
link   
p0sts like this prove the site has been infilltrated by the gl0balizts.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:43 AM
link   
indeed...it is..
I wish u would stop.
a reply to: drongosrevenge

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 05:17 AM
link   

State ... another biggy.

That would do!

P

I live in what many would consider the "deep south" of the USA. My city is very modern and unlike stereotypes, quite cosmopolitan. Our medical facilities are considered quite good and some travel quite a distance for a few of our famous specialties.

Even during the worst of the pandemic our local hospitals were never overloaded. We never that I know of had 100% capacity during the worst of COVID. I was keeping track then, as many of us were around the nation.

Again, as already asked, what state, what city/Town, what hospital. Or do you not wish to give out this information as this is all propaganda?

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: shinzaun

State ... another biggy.

That would do!

P

Again, as already asked, what state, what city/Town, what hospital. Or do you not wish to give out this information as this is all propaganda?

Rude. Anonymity is important. Especially when one holds views that those in power don't like. The FBI has a bad habit lately when it comes to people using freedom of speech, when the speech is one that Biden/Clinton/liberals/those in power, don't like. Someone from China should know all about that.

edit on 1/7/23 by The2Billies because: grammar correction

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Double Pneumonia?
Is it viral and bacterial, or bacterial on bacterial?
Is she on Vancomycin, Flagyl, zanamivir, remdesivir?

I don't know. I finally left her in the ER last night after staying with her for nearly 10 hours in the ER. She insisted I go home and sleep. All the doc said was it was pneumonia in both lungs after a CT scan. They immediately gave her 2 types of antibiotics.
None of those drugs sound familiar.

Thanks for asking.
edit on 1/7/23 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I looked it up we have 3 hospitals in our city with over 1,000 beds with a population of about 280,000+. Two of them are connected and only about 10 miles apart. Normally they don't hesitate to send people back and forth. If both weren't overloaded normally she would have been shuttled to the other hospital. Even during the worst of COVID we always had empty beds, even in ICU, which the nurses said was full last night.

I just looked it up and in the US the per capita hospital bed rate is a little less than 3 beds for every 1000 people. So that means my city has the average number of beds per person in the US.

Thanks for asking.

edit on 1/7/23 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Why go to hospital for them to do what for the flu? times are going to get a lot worse , how are these wussies going to make it.?

I looked it up we have 3 hospitals in our city with over 1,000 beds with a population of about 280,000+. Two of them are connected and only about 10 miles apart. Normally they don't hesitate to send people back and forth. If both weren't overloaded normally she would have been shuttled to the other hospital. Even during the worst of COVID we always had empty beds, even in ICU, which the nurses said was full last night.

I just looked it up and in the US the per capita hospital bed rate is a little less than 3 beds for every 1000 people. So that means my city has the average number of beds per person in the US.

Thanks for asking.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm not seeing that kind of increase but our local ER seems to always be overflowing as of late. When I went in with that TIA a couple weeks ago, I had to stay on the gurney in the hall for 30 minutes before an ER room opened up. They actually ran the CT Scan before they had a room to out me in. Never had that happen before.

What struck me about the OP was the correlation to something that has happened directly to me. Now, I have had the Chinese virus before... as I said then, it's a mean little bug that can't seem to hang on for long with us. I was over mine and on the mend in 24 hours; my wife knocked hers out in 36 hours; my friend who's staying with us took 4 days to beat it. Simply put, my whole family has strong immunity.

This past Christmas, my son and daughter had to postpone it over the weather so it wound up being tentatively scheduled for Dec. 31. That morning my son called; his wife was very sick, he wasn't feeling well, and he was worried about the new baby because she was getting overly fussy. He expected it to be a 24 hour thing, so he asked if we could do the Christmas thing the next day, on New Years. That morning he called and said they had the Chinese virus (again!). Both are vaccinated.

OK, so my daughter comes over and we have our Christmas celebration.

I just called and checked on him yesterday. The whole family tested positive again except his wife, and only his wife is really feeling better now. He is still feeling some minor effects and the baby is still overly fussy and has a runny nose. This is a week later! The last time they got it, it was over in three days for both of them.

It does seem like those who were vaccinated are now much more susceptible to the effects of the virus than those who aren't. I can't prove that and this is merely anecdotal, but... yeah, sure seems like it.

The(still unvaccinated)Redneck

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

The vaccinated have waning immunity , many of them get sick and end up to ER , many will also die . So that will effect hospitals , and i dont think we seen the worst part yet .

So, what you are saying is damn if you do and damn if you don't. What we are typically talking about is the old or high-risk people here. So, they get vacced and don't die the first time around thanks to the vaccine, then 1 year later the virus is a new variant, and their initial vaccine is now greatly reduced, and they die with the new variant, or they get boosters and now there are studies that continuous boosters could lower your overall immunization for other viruses, and you die to something else. Pretty much seems like no matter what they do they will end up still high risk at some point to something.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yes it is.

The “mystery virus” you’re referencing is something I detailed in another thread outlining our experience.

One of my direct reports at work (who is a manager and known to be truthful and not hyperbolic) said she went to an ER for her daughter who got this illness and there were ~170 people in the ER when she was there - most all sick with this virus. Her neighbor is an ER doc at said hospital and he noted that it has been “crazy” and people are “really sick”.

Another direct report’s uncle is having material kidney problems. He waited in that same ER for 13 hours before getting seen past the initial checkin - they put him on IVs, in a wheel chair, and he just sat in the waiting room.

I have been to this location and it’s a large hospital - it being overrun is pretty nuts.

This is definitely occurring around the country from all accounts I’ve been made aware of.

We also lost a

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join