It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask the Experts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeriouslyDeep
I dont need answers because I am not asking anything. If I have a life problem I sure as hell wont be trying to find it on the internet.

That is one of the stupidest things I ever heard, had to make sure I made it a point to say that.

You’d be amazed at the collective knowledge on this site alone.
As far as your problem, (anger management & interpersonal skills) I think
OEDNow can help. 😉

Has a fresh mind that can see connections between things. Could not say that am an expert for wisdom are from God. Still, would love to answer any questions regarding new understanding about the mind and its mechanisms. Would not adhere much with the psychological world but rather with what has been learned so far from life. Do ping me up if you wanted some new fresh understanding about your life.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   
know quite a bit of stuff, but not an expert at anything. I have lots of experience in Building and remodeling and carpentry. Also have had lots of experience in fixing cars and equipment but let my mechanic certification expire about forty years ago but still fix most of my cars and equipment. Still a licensed residential builder but haven't done a job in many years now.

Been studying food and pharmaceudical chemistry for many years now and also studying the chemicals used in the food supply and researching how it interacts with metabolism and consciousness. This includes how foods themselves interact with metabolism and thinking. I started this research so I could help friends of mine who are also getting old. Many times people I know quit their meds because of negative side effects. They don't tell their doctors they quit taking them most times either and that way the doctors do not try pushing meds on them anymore. That is not really a good way of doing it, it makes doctors think that those who complain of side effects are rare cases. It happens with statins a lot.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   
One answer that could be helpful to some posters is if somebody is an expert on how to kill a bug that has crawled up their butt.

Will I ask ATS about whether that spot on my CAT scan is cancerous or not, no but over the years Ive have got some damn good ideas here on ATS? The last one was about black seed oil, once I began taking it, it cleared up the numerous gastric disturbances Ive been experiencing for years. Once I ran out a few days later her come the disturbances again.

Someone on here recommended magnesium for my keloid scar tissue pain on my left foot, and another suggested DMSO which softens the scars and makes the skin more pliable and I'm getting improved circulation in my feet. Numerous diet tips and perhaps the best corn souffle recipe ever.

But even better than the recommendations, sometimes it's the negative answers too, it was right here where I heard convincingly to slow the roll on crypto.

This doesn't even include those who were vehemently against the lockdown measures and railed over the likely damage and freedom we would lose because of it. They were 100 percent correct 2 years before everybody else.

edit on 21-12-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm a metal guy...welder and such!

MIG,TIG, etc...all things metal...I cut, bend, weld, shape, build, fabricate, inventor of sorts...a bit of everything. I've been at it for 30+ years...there's not much I haven't done or seen done in the metal industry.

Lot's of metallurgy, mathematics, CAD programming, CNC programming...a constant world of learning.

I farm, ranch a little (raise beef), nature lover, hunt, construction is never-ending around here, can my own food, read a ton, a little of this and a little of that to keep life interesting.

Raised four healthy daughters so I know a bit about parenting too. I have five grandchildren and I'm learning everyday to be a grandfather and someone for future generations to look up to.

I hunt every year...deer and elk...so I'm pretty handy out in the wild, away from society and all that entails.

Typical country boy that got old and still believes some of that old stuff is worth knowing and passing down!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Identify the seed, please ?

Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

and anti materiel rifles

I read the Finns had a 20-mm antitank rifle back in the 1940s. That one must have been a real shoulder dislocator.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   
So here's a question for the group.

What tools were used to cut stone (like paving stones) before the electric cutters used now ?

I've seen manual tile cutters, but nothing like that for cutting through paving stones.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
3D design in various branches, from watch making, to water nozzles, to houses utilities like plumbing, heating. Everything that turns a barn into a living room.

Squatting empty houses, dumpster-diving, living of grid, runing from police showing them the finger...

Irritating prople stuck in polarity...

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I think it was mostly chisel work. Maybe they'd drill holes stuff it with wood and then wet it. the soaked wood would expand and break the stone.
Just a guess.
Maybe they found them cut and ready to be used...

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Identify the seed, please ?

Cheers

LOL was it you that recommended it?

I'll have to go back and check It's become part of my nightly routine and I try not to take anything all the time. All I know is previously for the last 6 years my blood word has been lousy. Pre-diabetic, High Cholesterol kidney function, etc. Last week boom nada, all within normal ranges first time in probably longer than 6 years.

Here is where I check before I buy or consume anything, IIRC using Black Seed initially came up for my incessant insomnia.

www.healthline.com...

Nigella sativa (N. sativa) is a small flowering plant that grows in Southwest Asia, the Middle East, Southern Europe, and Northern Africa (1Trusted Source).

This shrub also produces fruit with tiny black seeds. Commonly referred to as simply black seed, N. sativa seeds go by many other names, including black cumin, black caraway, nigella, fennel flower, and Roman coriander (2Trusted Source, 3).

Black seed oil is extracted from N. sativa seeds and has been used in traditional medicine for over 2,000 years due to its many therapeutic benefits

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Ah. Black caraway. Yes, might have been me who mentioned it.
Glad it has been helpful for you.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
homebrewer

fermented beverages are always welcome

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Professionally I've been in the manufacturing/aerospace industry for over 40 years. From production tooling to some very complicated component work. Some of the parts I've worked on are in orbit or much farther out there. Started out in tool grinding then added milling (before CNCs) and eventually Wire EDM, which is now my primary business.

On the recreational side I was a pro/am skateboarder as a teen then switched to music after a career-ending injury. Vintage guitars and amps (mainly Fender) are my passion. Old school punk, surf, rockabilly are my main genres.

So there you have it - don't know how useful that would be to anyone.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Wow, that was indeed great!

We are offering help and yet no one is asking for some?

Could you then help me with my current situation? Where I wanted to find a job, connected with literature, languages, and learning?

Please do help me. I need it so badly. I might give up on my dreams very soon. You know, being just like the rest of this world, ruled by the system, playing by the system, one with the system. And I do know that I would rather choose death than be like most people, fake, fake, fake.
It really is the reality of this world, right?

Please?

EDIT:

Would love to help him. Yet, it still depends upon his will to do so.

a reply to: SeriouslyDeep

There is no harm in trying to open up. And to tell you the truth, I found the internet very helpful during my darkest days of depression. You see, when you are living in poverty and have got no means for professional help, the internet is there for you. You just need to search for answers.

The internet helped me a lot. Yahoo answers, wikiHow, Quora, eHow, and many other forums made me meet lots of friends (though friendships from such hardly stay forever, at least, their impacts still matter. They helped me after all.) I see no reason to not ask for help from other people. And to tell you frankly, without much real interaction (avatar this, username that), we are bound to be more truthful with how we share our own stories with other people. This way, being anonymous truly helps a lot.

I hope you can see how much gratitude I have for the internet. Though lots of people are using it for entertainment and pleasure, I keep on harnessing it into something of value to me and to other people.

Have experienced lots of psychological problems so far (and am still experiencing some, haha), so please ask me something, and I would love to help you in any way that I can from the learnings I have had so far.
edit on -0600EWed1220223 by OEDnow because: included an EDIT: content

edit on -0600EWed1220223 by OEDnow because: refinement of message

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

On the recreational side I was a pro/am skateboarder as a teen then switched to music after a career-ending injury. Vintage guitars and amps (mainly Fender) are my passion. Old school punk, surf, rockabilly are my main genres. So there you have it - don't know how useful that would be to anyone.

Don’t downplay the importance of manual music. When we look back in history, before the internet, computers, cell phones how did people entertain? Often it was with things like a guitar, violin, flute etc.
If the power goes bye bye boredom when not seeking food will be a big thing.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Nigella sativa (N. sativa) is a small flowering plant that grows in Southwest Asia, the Middle East, Southern Europe, and Northern Africa (1Trusted Source).

Also known as Love in a Mist.
If your area can grow Clematis you probably can grow Love in a Mist. It would be better suited for the Midwest and northern states. Best sown in the fall. A lot of flowers like these like to be planted like nature intended. Scattered during the falls winds, and exposed to the cold all winter and then sprouting at just the right time in the spring.

If you have trouble with germination, the location or soil drainage is probably the issue. Clematis is very similar. It is all or nothing.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I wouldn't call myself an expert but driving, and racing are my thing.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

I'm a metal guy...welder and such!

From a young age my son was obsessed with fire. As a mom it was a little concerning.
However, he ended up being a welder!!! Now he plays with fire all day!

edit on 21-12-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Rumor has it that when I was born I arrived with a punchdown tool in one hand and a BUTT set in the other. =)

For the duration of my 30 years in IT I have been focused on telecom and collaboration. I've explored dial tone in the Sales, CRMDebt Collections, Defense Industry, Pediatric Healthcare and Video Game industries.

During my time in CRMDebt Collections I created auto-attendants and IVR's for some of the biggest companies in the world including MSFT, Apple, Google along with roughly 20 others. For about a 5 week period during this job if you called 1800BestBuy it was my voice you heard.. lol.

9/11 occurred while I was in the Defense world which brought a different level of gravitas to the day for me. The reason being that at that time the company I worked for was responsible for the encrypted desk phones used at the Pentagon and White House. Making that day even more intense I happened to be working on a scenario in one of the SCIF's located on campus so certain procedures had to be followed.

I have been in the game industry for the past 4.5 years working for Blizzard Entertainment. For this position I lead a team of engineers around the world that are focused on Video Conferencing, Meeting Rooms, Audio Visual, Telecom, Zoom and Parsec.

On a personal level I consult on multiple different AV elements with my primary focus being RGB lighting. I also happen to be a huge fan of Call of Duty: Warzone and I may have built my living room gaming RGB experience around extending the game. This worked out well for me because a couple folks at the smaller studios that build COD have worked with me on thoughts around items like that.

I have also had a love of audio , 2 channel, for a long time. I was finally able to pick up my first piece of McIntosh Labs gear a few years ago and that has renewed my love of sound. =)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OEDnow

Could you then help me with my current situation? Where I wanted to find a job, connected with literature, languages, and learning?

The film/tv biz is where you belong imo... Telling stories....We are always looking for compelling content.

This is what my team uses.....

www.celtx.com...

and

www.finaldraft.com...

The marketing of your stories, scripts, treatments, etc is when the fun begins. Or if you don't want to write, become a producer, if you have some disposable income to invest in a project.

edit on 21-12-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join