It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Find! Biggest Ocean on Earth Found Near Earth's Core

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
These underground water reserves are the source of the global flood:

"on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights." Gen 7:11

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I'm pretty sure this article is not true by the way.

Actually both Scientific American and Smithsonian Science have articles on it, so that gives it some good street cred.

Though per Scientific American, the "ocean" is water bound to rock, and not say something we could drill down and plop a submarine into. Still a ton of energy down there, assuming we could safely get it...

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

"on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights." Gen 7:11

There's not proof for a global flood, only localized flooding from the end of the ice age.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

There's not proof for a global flood, only localized flooding from the end of the ice age.

I compiled the evidence that a global flood did in fact happen:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mostly all major cultures throughout the world claim the same story. It also explains fish fossils being found on the Himalayan as well as other mountains:

edit on 3-10-2022 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The Younger Dryas event begs to differ.

Which falls in line with pretty much every continents indigenous legends of a massive flooding.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

What do you expect?

All water runs downhill, and the core of the Earth is it's limit.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah, all the other articles I found were about the laser technique on 4 million year old fragments of sea bed found in Australia.

I think this ones got a bit carried away.

originally posted by: gb540

I'm pretty sure this article is not true by the way.

Actually both Scientific American and Smithsonian Science have articles on it, so that gives it some good street cred.

Though per Scientific American, the "ocean" is water bound to rock, and not say something we could drill down and plop a submarine into. Still a ton of energy down there, assuming we could safely get it...

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

There's a thing called continental drift which explains how fossils got to where they were found.

National Geographic

Also, the biblical flood is based on older myths from the Gilgamesh and Atrahasis epics.

A good link to this.
The Torah

edit on 3-10-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

The Younger Dryas event begs to differ.

Which falls in line with pretty much every continents indigenous legends of a massive flooding.

That event happened 13,000 years ago and lasted for about 1300 years not 40 days, so I some how don't think it was a flood??
edit on 3-10-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I remember reading a few years ago about astronomers detecting giant clouds of water floating through space.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

There's a thing called continental drift which explains how fossils got to where they were found.

National Geographic

Occam's Razor: It's easier for water to rise than for mountains to rise.

Nat Geo is remarkably underwhelming in delivering empirical evidence for their claims. It's a nice looking graphic but where's the evidence for those assertions? Time and time again these professional looking graphics are egregiously mis-leading as a representation of the actual evidence.

Also, the biblical flood is based on older myths from thhe Gilgamesh and Atrahasis epics.

A good link to this.
The Torah

Or they're describing the same actual historic event. The reason we know it is not simply stealing myths is that multiple native American cultures describe the global flood with remarkable similarities:

called “Llocllay Pachacuti” by the Quechua, meaning “universal flood.”

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I remember reading a few years ago about astronomers detecting giant clouds of water floating through space.

Located 30 billion miles away in a quasar – a massively powerful cosmic body – the water cloud is estimated to contain at least 140 trillion times the amount of water in all the seas and oceans here on Earth.

roboticsandautomationnews.com... ce-than-they-ever-knew-possible/39771/#:~:text=Located%2030%20billion%20miles%20away,and%20oceans%20here%20on%20Earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It's easier for water to rise than for mountains to rise.

Your joking, right??

Are you are really trying to say you don't understand the science of continental drift and an ocean rose up around the entire world higher than 34,000ft??

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

but I suspect it would be hard, rocky -type stuff.

Manifesting from where exactly given this 'ocean' is supposed to be 3 times bigger than the sum total of our known oceans. That's some amount of rock-type stuff to fill a void isn't it?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Located 30 billion miles away in a quasar – a massively powerful cosmic body – the water cloud is estimated to contain at least 140 trillion times the amount of water in all the seas and oceans here on Earth.

roboticsandautomationnews.com... ce-than-they-ever-knew-possible/39771/#:~:text=Located%2030%20billion%20miles%20away,and%20oceans%20here%20on%20Earth.

That makes me think of Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxay and "So long and thanks for all the fish" It must have been where all the dolphins were going?!?

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

From what I understand there could actually be planets made entirely of water and that life could exist in them.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I’m curious about what kind of species are down there. The biggest ones tend to be in the deepest waters.

Additionally, could this be where the USO’s are hiding?

We know the blue whale can disappear into our deepest waters, hence the theory that if Blue Whales become extinct, then there will be knock on effect up the food chain.
USO's. Have you heard of blue holes?
Rainbows
Jane
PS would also explain why EQ's are also detected at the antipodean point of the original.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Idiotic nonsense, proving that people will believe anything. Any water way down there (being lighter than anything way down there) would have made it's way to the surface over the millions of years of earth's history.

I would think the water recycles itself throughout the world and it is all connected. Not that farfetched imo.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: starviego

From an engineering standpoint that is not the case.

If it is trapped in rock, which it very well could be at any given time, it would not move at all. Water is one of the densest materials on Earth and can not be compressed. It does not give way under pressure, it simply transmits that pressure somewhere else - hydraulics.

If it is in a sealed environment it could remain liquid despite incredibly high temperatures. The danger then would be when it gets free and is allowed to expand into super-heated steam. The ratio is appox. 300-1. And at those kinds of temps, it would happen in a fraction of a second. In fact, it is literally called flashing.

I think the steam to water ratio is around 1700:1 at atmospheric boiling point 100C.

Largest ocean on earth flashing from water to steam at 400C would be unimaginable.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This topic and thread just made me think of something...

I loved the Hollow Earth theories during my Middle and High school years.

However, as time went on, the whole theme of an inner earth that is hollow with our Core as the sun just seemed too fanciful.

Normally, I try to rationalize how something may exist within the realm of known physics and current day knowledge, allowing some "reaching". The reason for the reach has more to do with the miracles of our world. Like shrimp swimming in waters where pressure would obliterate you and temperatures would instantly cook you. A few more oddities, point is, the whole hollow earth theory just seemed out of reach, no matter how hard I tried to think of how such a thing may work.

"The Underground Empire"

Eventually, I settled on this theory, that which crevices and spaces, small slivers and pockets within earths Mantle were very much habitable. However, some are toxic while others too radioactive as well.

This thread topic has rejuvenated my interest in this. Vast underground oceans mean some sort of stability exist within the confines of our mantle.

There could exist an entire world of fungi and bio lumeniscent creatures withing these spaces.

With all that heat and pressure, perhaps some of that seawater turns fresh thru a nature distilling process, all that heat must evaporate tons of sea water and all that water vapor collects somewhere, causing nature "rain falls" within some of these systems.

Meh, who knows...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join