It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(news) Pope John Paul II Has Died

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It has been confirmed by Vatican sources that Pope John Paul II has succumb to his illnesses and died at the age of 84.

The spiritual leader of over 1.1 Billion Catholics died at 9:37pm local time and it was announced to the world 7 minutes later.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Nerdling]

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Kano]

[edit on 4-4-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wow.... he's really dead. A sad sad day. But of course some troll will try to ruin it by saying the pope deserved to die.....

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well, my heart goes out to the Catholic believers who have lost their spiritual leader. But I am glad the Pope did not suffer a long time.

He was a very good man...a righteous man. And he worked through out his papal rule to heal the wounds of the past.

The world lost a good one today.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
At least he seemed happy before he left us... 'Placid and serene' before death.

MSNBC.com -
VATICAN CITY - Pope John Paul II died Saturday after a prolonged illness, the Vatican announced to the world. He was 84 and had led the Roman Catholic church for 26 years — the longest term of any modern pope.

The pontiff died in his Vatican chambers after his health quickly deteriorated in recent weeks.

Link: msnbc.msn.com...

My heart goes out to all of the Catholic believers. I myself am a Lutheran, but I listen very carefully to him and I also believe strongly in him. He was a strong man and very good person. God bless his soul eternally.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Baruch Dayan haEmet

Rebekka

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Heart goes out to everyone, truly. He really was a great, great man.

I suggest everyone read up on how a new Pope is found. It is truly an amazing process.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
my condolances for those who belived in his position and those who belived his just being a good man both.

he will be missed by much of the world as a man who tried to help the world. my thoughts go out to him as he now reaches the throne of god. hopefully he will find peace and acceptance within god's kingdom.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
While not agreeing with many of his positions or opinions - I believe the man spoke from his heart and that he truly believed in what he saying. A man whose opinion was not dictated by anyone but his own conscience.

Godspeed to you in your new journey,
Bleys.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Good by JP
We will miss you. We croatians thank you for everything.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
About time, can we get back to the race? I swear, some old guy dying of old age isn't news. Sure he is the pope, but hell, reptillians don't die, it's a coverup. He was called back to the homewolrd and this was the easiest way to do it, fake his death so he can go back. Now have to wait for race to come on since this interuppted it.

Sorry, yes he was old, yes he helped cover up the catholic priest scandals from the 70's, and 80's, and 90's, and 00's, sure he was a reptillian, but guess what? Doesn't make it news. Just like the MJ trial, Terri Food Tube, or the water skiing squirrel. 9/11 was news, Columbia explosion was news, finding life on Mars would be news, old people dieing of old age isn't. If it was lorida would have a 24/7 station just running the names of old people dead.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The world has lost a great man today.
His journey was the one of peace, compassion, he worked to create a bridge between religions.

On behalf of many of my muslim friends here, I say: may he rest in peace.
His work will be remembered and honored.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
He was an important, and influential man..
Intelligent, and charismatic, he will be remembered as a
"special" Pope..Even within the Catholic community.

Goodbye "Karol Wojtyla"

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Is very interesting to witness the ancient rituals of passing of the pope, that is something that we may experience only one time in our lives.

JAK

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I..

This is available for those who might wish:

Jack

[edit on 2/4/05 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
About time, can we get back to the race? I swear, some old guy dying of old age isn't news. Sure he is the pope, but hell, reptillians don't die, it's a coverup. He was called back to the homewolrd and this was the easiest way to do it, fake his death so he can go back. Now have to wait for race to come on since this interuppted it.

Sorry, yes he was old, yes he helped cover up the catholic priest scandals from the 70's, and 80's, and 90's, and 00's, sure he was a reptillian, but guess what? Doesn't make it news. Just like the MJ trial, Terri Food Tube, or the water skiing squirrel. 9/11 was news, Columbia explosion was news, finding life on Mars would be news, old people dieing of old age isn't. If it was lorida would have a 24/7 station just running the names of old people dead.

The death of the spiritual leader of over 1 billion people is news.
Like him or not..either way...IT'S NEWS...

Even if he did do this cover up thing, that you speak of..isn't THAT news also?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Jak that is very beautiful, I like it.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
May your rest in peace. Polska thanks you for everything you have done for us, and the world.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
He is one with God now.
He will live on in our hearts, in our memory and someday we will surely join him.

Modlmy sie
Let us pray

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Johnny]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
R.I.P JP.
My heart goes out to all of the Catholics.

Nice post, James the Lesser.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join