It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(news) Pope John Paul II Has Died

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is a sad day indeed. He was a good man no matter what some people say.

BTW, that is the cross of Peter. Peter was also crucified in the cross by the Romans, but since he didn't feel he should die like Jesus Christ did, he asked for his cross to be inverted.

The Pope is not Jesus, he is the representation of the Church on Earth for Catholics, so in the same manner that Peter did not feel he was like Jesus, this symbol clearly says that the Pope nomatter what good he makes is not like Christ.

This symbol was latter used by satanists, and it is known by many as this. But it is part of the Christian tradition, or the Catholic tradition, before any satanists ever used it.

Some people and their conspiracies...

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
BTW, that is the cross of Peter. Peter was also crucified in the cross by the Romans, but since he didn't feel he should die like Jesus Christ did, he asked for his cross to be inverted.

The Pope is not Jesus, he is the representation of the Church on Earth for Catholics, so in the same manner that Peter did not feel he was like Jesus, this symbol clearly says that the Pope nomatter what good he makes is not like Christ.

This symbol was latter used by satanists, and it is known by many as this. But it is part of the Christian tradition, or the Catholic tradition.

Thanks for clearing that up Muaddib. It amazes me that so many have not researched this fact, as I have seen this all over the net.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I respect the fact that a fellow man passed. But he was old, and it was time. That's all.

Anyone who didn't expect posts of a "questioning" nature or of an attitude not in line with your own, what are you doing here? This isn't a Catholic forum or a Conservative forum. Get a grip. Display your outrage in a forum where it matters.

Let's all hope that the next Pope moves quickly and efficiently towards cleaning out the paedophiles littering the Catholic Church. Can you argue with that?

Rest in peace, old man.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief

Thanks for clearing that up Muaddib. It amazes me that so many have not researched this fact, as I have seen this all over the net.

No problem, I am sure you can search for this in the internet too. This is one of the things I was taught as a kid in Spain. I grew up in Spain as a Catholic, and i attended a group of the Opus Dei called Atazar where they taugh me this among other things.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Here is a link about the cross of Peter.

www.cist.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
James, whether you care or not, this old dude dying is BIG news. Its big news because he is a signifigant and important world figure, whether you are Catholic or not.

Talk about insignifigant and a rock hitting the water, racing on TV. Now, how many people in the world care about racing? Compare that to the number of Catholics in the world. Now, who is being petty? Certainly not the Media. Its not every day a major spiritual leader, a historical one, dies, and his death affects alot more lives than a couple hours of brain numbing sports on tv.

Im not Catholic or Christian, but its obvious the signifigance of this man passing even from old age. A new pope will be elected, and Im curious to see who.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
My thoughts go out to those that followed the catholic path, it is always difficult to lose ones spiritual leader, not to mention a piece of history. May they except his death with happiness and not sorrow, because I would hope he wouldnt want it any other way.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If you wear your heart on your sleeve you're bound to get crud all over it. If you chose to express your grief in such a public forum you shouldnt be suprised if people disagree with you and say things you dont like.

Just as I support your right to express your grief however you like I also support other peoples right to say how they feel on the matter (negative or not).

Im of the camp that he was an important world figure and his death is big news. I didnt agree with all his methods but I do see that he did do some good in the World.

I wont shed a tear for him though, he's gone to meet his maker and it should be aspired to in Catholic life.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
I"M NOT BASHING THE POPE! I AM BASHING THE MEDIA WHO THINKS THIS IS NEWS! He is old, he dies of old age, not news. Like I said before, rocks sink in water, not news, fire being hot, not news, old people dieing of old age, not news.

Were you whining so much when the earthquake and tsunami hit last December? Those things are natural occurances too.

How about when Mt. Saint Helens blew her top back in 80?

By your standards neither event is news worthy, yet both got plenty of coverage.

Same for Columbine. Kids killed kids. Why was it national news? It happens every day. Did you whine then?

As someone pointed out, the Micheal Jackson trial is getting huge coverage. How come you're not whining about that? It's just another sex offender on trial, happens every day.

Just because it's not news to you, doesn't mean it isn't news to others.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I regret that I wasn't able to see him when he came to Canada. My son was sick. Even if I'm not religious, I believe that the Pope was good and great. I admire him.

RIP.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Bush to attend Pope's funeral
April 04

US President George W. Bush will attend the Vatican funeral for Pope John Paul II, the first time ever a US leader has taken part in a papal funeral, NBC television has reported.
But the White House said it was waiting to hear from the Vatican leadership before making any announcement about Mr Bush's plans.

Mr Bush on Saturday honoured the pope, saying “the Catholic Church has lost its shepherd, the world has lost a champion of human freedom, and a good and faithful servant of God has been called home.''

Source

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yeah the pope was an amazing man, even though I don't agree with all the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, and I don't like all the stuff the pope did. He really did a lot of good things, and really lived how every christian should live.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
When people die James, its news, especially when those people affect the lives of billions of people....

You could at least show some compasion for those whose lives where affected by this great man...

I can't be considered Catholic (I believe Jesus was a prophet, Im not sure I believe he is the son of god), but this man was someone who should be honored durring and after life....

And as someone else said...the tsunamis will allways happen....does that make them not news?...News is something big that happens...when many people mourn because of the death of someone...its news...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Papal prophecies- end of days
One of Malachy's great claims to popular fame was his gift of prophesy. While in Rome in 1139 he received a vision showing him all the Popes from his day to the end of time. He wrote poetic descriptions of each of the pontiffs, presented the manuscript to Pope Innocent II - and it was forgotten until 1590. It has been in print - and hotly debated, both authenticity and correctness - ever since. According to these prophecies, there are only two Popes remaining after John Paul II.

Where's Nostradamus on this?

Two more- hopefully each will live a long, long time.

St. Hildegard's visions-
Before the comet comes, many nations, the good excepted, will be scourged by want and famine. The great nation in the ocean that is inhabited by people of different tribes and descent will be devastated by earthquake, storm, and tidal wave. It will be divided and, in great part, submerged. That nation will also have many misfortunes at sea and lose its colonies.

Reads like America to me. Could be Britain though.

Bishop Christianos Ageda (12th Century)

In the 20th century there will be wars and fury that will last a long time; whole provinces shall be emptied of their inhabitants, and kingdoms shall be thrown into confusion. In many places the land shall be left untilled, and there shall be great slaughters of the upper class. The right hand of the world shall fear the left, and the north shall prevail over the south.

Was this WW I and WW II?

Interesting time 800 years before the fact. Was this prophetic?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
This is a sad day indeed. He was a good man no matter what some people say.

This symbol was latter used by satanists, and it is known by many as this. But it is part of the Christian tradition, or the Catholic tradition, before any satanists ever used it.

Your point is moot, as Jesus was crucified on a T cross. Nice try though. Perhaps St Peter was crucified on an inverted cross, and seeing how St. Peter's square is in Vatican city, it ain't far fetched that you make such claims. Yet you come to a conclusion too soon as many others I have seen on this site, dig deeper.

By the way, seeing how the Romans crucified Jesus and Peter, out of curiosity, what's your take on the Roman Catholic Church in comparison to the teachings of Christ?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Light Being]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join