It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(news) Pope John Paul II Has Died

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hmmmm....James the lesser huh? Seems to fit.

I do not know why but I find myself profoundly moved my John Paul's passing, May he rest in peace. He was a good man even if he was more conservative than his times. He struck me as the type of person with whom you could profoundly disagree and still deeply admire. A rarity in this day and age. he was argueably the greatest figure of our time...no politican comes close, that's for sure and don't anyone dare mention Reagan...it would be to elevate Reagan far beyond his importance, and belittle John Paul. And as for spiritual leaders, we still have His Holiness the Dalhi Lama, who is in his own gentle way, a quiet giant. We have lost an important person that is for sure and it will be a long time before his like passes this way again. He will be sorely missed as we sink deeper into this age of small mindedness and spiritual midgets.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
"The future starts today, not tomorrow."
-- Karol Józef Wojtyła

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Wow.... he's really dead. A sad sad day. But of course some troll will try to ruin it by saying the pope deserved to die.....

I think you just did. The Pope that you all know is a lie. Yes he did have a great impact on this world but that impact is of negativity. He basically ran this world with many other monsters in the Vatican. The passing of this beast can mean only one thing. Here comes the Antichrist.

Needless insult towards other members editted out - Warn given.

You cannot love this man when you know nothing about him or his true intentions just because you saw him once. How ignorant that is!

[edit on 2-4-2005 by alien]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
About time, can we get back to the race? I swear, some old guy dying of old age isn't news. Sure he is the pope, but hell, reptillians don't die, it's a coverup. He was called back to the homewolrd and this was the easiest way to do it, fake his death so he can go back. Now have to wait for race to come on since this interuppted it.

Sorry, yes he was old, yes he helped cover up the catholic priest scandals from the 70's, and 80's, and 90's, and 00's, sure he was a reptillian, but guess what? Doesn't make it news. Just like the MJ trial, Terri Food Tube, or the water skiing squirrel. 9/11 was news, Columbia explosion was news, finding life on Mars would be news, old people dieing of old age isn't. If it was lorida would have a 24/7 station just running the names of old people dead.

ROTFLMFAO!!!

It is news I guess. Why does it get so much attention here though? I thought this site was for unusual stuff. Isnt there a general chit-chat forum for this kind of thing? It's hardly above top secret, its not even above very bottom secret. In terms of secrecy it really rates below the age old 'Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar.'

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Is the end of the world coming now??I hate to start another thread like this but It just seems like this could be the final years.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"Uete naki yoru mama akagire to nari fuyu komoru"

I have stolen Santoka Taneda's words and given them in memory of the pope.

May this 'great' man be remembered accurately in the eyes of history.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

About time, can we get back to the race? I swear, some old guy dying of old age isn't news. Sure he is the pope, but hell, reptillians don't die, it's a coverup. He was called back to the homewolrd and this was the easiest way to do it, fake his death so he can go back. Now have to wait for race to come on since this interuppted it.

Sorry, yes he was old, yes he helped cover up the catholic priest scandals from the 70's, and 80's, and 90's, and 00's, sure he was a reptillian, but guess what? Doesn't make it news. Just like the MJ trial, Terri Food Tube, or the water skiing squirrel. 9/11 was news, Columbia explosion was news, finding life on Mars would be news, old people dieing of old age isn't. If it was lorida would have a 24/7 station just running the names of old people dead.

i do not agree with many catholic teachings myself. this aside the pope did serve his religion with all that he was. he tried his best to bring peace and understanding into the world. he met with the assasin that tried to kill him and tho we do not know what was said i have a feeling he forgave the man. he was the leader of his church putting god firmly infroint of him. he served god to his utmost best. what more can one ask.

your comments are not welcome in this thread of mourning. if you want to pope bash please leave those in greif and start a pope hate thread. let this thread contain no negativity in it. if you wish, offer your condolances but do not add to peoples sorrows unnessisarily. please show at least some respect for the dead.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is a very sad day for everyone, especially for Catholics like me.

I'm going to look up how the new pope is elected.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
He was unquestionably a pope of peace. Although he took many positions that were conservative in nature, I respect the devotion he shown for world peace and compassion. I'll never forget his worldwide call to fast against the war in Iraq, and his forgiving of the man who tried to assassinate him. We might not have been a perfect Christian with all the power he had (as were most popes in history), but he still proven that faith is greater than the appetite for power, lust and vengeace.

May peace be upon his soul.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's not pope bashing, it's media bashing. They act as if this is important, when it's not! If he had been killed, if it was a terrorist attack or nutjob attack then I would understand, but it was old age!!!!! They act as if this guy was up there with 9/11 or Columbia, or the invasion of Iraq, but it is equal to MJ trial and water skiing squirrel, interesting sidepiece, not somthing that interupts normal television. Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, whoever else, they can play this all they want. But they interuppted the Race on fox and Curling on CBC. Damn it, it's Canada vs Germany and I am wanting to see Canada win. America is going against Australia last I heard, but nooooooo, old guy dies of old age.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Words cannot describe some of the emotions I feel to you people still isulting this man. Worst of all you are insulting this man on terms that you don't even know like "he was a NWO leader" or "an Alien in desciguise" but you wont except the fact that he went out and touchd the lives of millions if not a billion people. We should all be inited in mourning of the loss of this great man not jeering at a tryumph for the unknown. What you are doing to this man is close to the equlivant of going to your best freinds girlfrend/ boyfreind's funeral and saying "Yeah she was on drugs was a harlot a rotten preson and just plainly the scum of the earth no one deserved to ever look at her."

I should be adding affrimatins to my catholic brothers and sisters in this post but instead I am shooting down people who are ignorant to what the man had done and who he was. The only reason most of you are shooting him down is becasue you don't know his accomplishments and you are only seeing him as the pope and the leader of the church. You find that reason enough to attack him. You should be ashamed of yourselves. If someone is greiving you don't throw a rock in their face.

Your all mean people if you have insulted our greivances and this man. Please if you want to shoot him down bring the opinion to another thread that has a title like "POPE GONE NEW NWO LEADER NEEDED" Or some other consparicay that was started because one of you got inscurcure and parinoid.

Most of all I forgive you all for your insultings. I was offended but I fogvie you. and I wish onto all of you the gifts of Faith Hope and Love. Peace be with you.

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they have done."

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

... But they interuppted the Race on fox and Curling on CBC. Damn it, it's Canada vs Germany and I am wanting to see Canada win. America is going against Australia last I heard, but nooooooo, old guy dies of old age.

LOL so that's why... it's all about a race and curling.

And no, I don't agree with you. It's not "old guy dies of old age," it's "the spiritual leader of over a billion dieing of old age." Even when you are not very religious (like me) surely you can understand that many on this world are being effected by this event, so no matter how you twist it it is news.

Blobber

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Blobber]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I also feel his death deep in my heart... may he rest in peace, and may the next pope also be one of his on mind and not controlled.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
John Paul II was the man who brought me to the Catholic Church. I will ignore the few who are bashing him now and concentrate on the many who offer their condolences. Although my heart is broken, I am so glad that our Pope now is resting in peace and free from pain.
Goodbye John Paul
joey

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Agree. I'm in no way Catholic. But the Pope dying is very big news. He is obviously important and influences the entire world in one way or another. How is his death not important enough to interrupt a what? race? I'm in no way mourning, but I understand that his death is important and sad to many.

I also believe it was time for him to go. He was too ill for too long and I am sure he feels much better now.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
Is the end of the world coming now??I hate to start another thread like this but It just seems like this could be the final years.

Yes this is it buddy, get ready for some really hard times.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
He was a great man and a great leader. Wherever he is now, I wish him all the best.

dh

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Has he gone over at last?
Well thank christ for that
I blessed him on his way a few weeks ago
Didn't he linger?
It'll be interesting to see how the new Pope fits into the new world order of things

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
He was a manipulating crook, the only sad thing is that most people dont see the truth.

Hes on the other side now contemplating his life on earth....

He knows better now...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Does anyone hear themselves? Old person dies of old age....... and yet everyone thinks this makes sense. Yes, 1.1 billion people, but there are 5.3 billions people who don't care.

Anyways, is it news when a rock sinks in water? Is it news when a fire burns? No, so old person dieing of old age is not news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join