It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT! The Pope Has Died and its a Sad Day for Humanity!!!GOD Bless and Farewell John Paul II

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Pope John Paul II, the spiritual leader to more than 1 billion Catholics who spread his message worldwide in his 26-year papacy, has died, Vatican sources tell CNN. Details soon.

And the World Cries!

The Man.....The Legacy

Pope John Paul II , the bold, humanitarian leader of the Roman Catholic Church, has died. He was 84 years old. As the very end drew near, the pontiff refused to be taken to a hospital and instead spent his final hours in the papal apartment in Rome.

A tireless and outspoken campaigner for world peace and humanitarian causes, Pope John Paul II was the most traveled pontiff in history, criss-crossing the globe on missions that were often as political as they were religious.

In his overseas journeys, the pope visited communist Cuba, Muslim Syria, India and war-torn Bosnia. A native of Poland, he played a crucial role in the downfall of communism in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union.

In the most significant papal trip, John Paul II became the first pope in history to officially visit Israel when he fulfilled a lifelong dream to tour the Holy Land and walk in the steps of Jesus Christ.

The March 2000 pilgrimage through the Middle East broke down long-standing religious barriers and was a crowning moment in the pope's quest, throughout his 26-year papacy, to reconcile Christians and Jews.

Pope John Paul II Dies at 84

I am truly sad about this, although not a Catholic, this was a good Pope and he held his ground against the evils of the modern world. Sad day indeed.

VATICAN CITY (AP) - Pope John Paul II, the Polish pontiff who led the Roman Catholic Church for more than a quarter century and became history's most-traveled pope, has died at 84, the Vatican announced in an e-mail Saturday. "The Holy Father died this evening at 9:37 p.m. (2:37 p.m. EST) in his...

Vatican Says Pope John Paul II Dies at 84

Vatican Says Pope John Paul II Dies at 84
NewsMax.com Wires
Sunday, April 3, 2005
VATICAN CITY -- Pope John Paul II, the Polish pontiff who led the Roman Catholic Church for more than a quarter century and became history's most-traveled pope, has died at 84, the Vatican announced in an e-mail Saturday.

"The Holy Father died this evening at 9:37 p.m. (2:37 p.m. EST) in his private apartment. All the procedures outlined in the apostolic Constitution `Universi Dominici Gregis' that was written by John Paul II on Feb. 22, 1996, have been put in motion."

Pope John Paul II Has Died

[edit on 2-4-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There will be another pope, there will never be another Jeff Buckley. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Let's see what father whats his face has to say about this.... when do the neuron bombs start dropping again?
,(first rule about predicting the future, don't get so much into about the specifics that's why nostradamus(sp?) got it right so many times)

p.s. father wingate will probably say he meant the next guy
p.s.s. according to the saint that predicted the popes the next is the son of the olives, so either he's from the United States(olive branch of peace). Or we get another one of those buggers from italy

[edit on 2-4-2005 by djpaec]

[edit on 2-4-2005 by djpaec]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't see it as a "sad day" for humanity the throne of San Peter is empty another pope and king will be elected, that is what is means the throne is empty.

People mourn and is OK, but it should be rejoice that he is finally with the creator away from age, illness and pain.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is so sad. I can almost feel the entire world mourning at this very moment.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It is a sad day for me because this man was a GOOD man who never let 'this world' interfere with his decisions. he will go down as one of the greatest Popes ever and I am Lutheran!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good by John Paul II.
We will all miss you. Croatians thank you for everything you did for us.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
People don't forget to watch the ancient passing rituals that is something that we may only witness onces in our lives.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People don't forget to watch the ancient passing rituals that is something that we may only witness onces in our lives.

Watching now! Thanks!

The passing of a good Pope.....a sad sad day.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Everything is so impressive that everybody should be feeling this passing.

Religious or not.

The next 9 days are going to be very important.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The next 9 days are going to be very important.

Umm, Why exactly? Would you care to elaborate?

I don't have anything partcular on. Am I going to be visited by a mysterious stranger or go insane looking for some variety on television?

Seriously... What are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
just hope the whole world will follow his message of humanity, love and his efforts to bring the Catholic message to as wide an audience as possible.

He was a revolutionary conservative and was very forward-minded to dialogue with other religion.

energetic and hard-working the pope traveld to 120 countrys.

rest in peace Karol Jozef Wojtyla... and say Hi to God and Jesus for me hehe

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-4-2005 by michboisnard]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ok Pope is dead. So what?

Sorry but i dont really see what relevance this has, there will be a new Pope, he will make some small changes but carry on in much the same way.

He did good things in his life, but they are outweighed by his mistakes in terms of family planning.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yes its both sad and a happy day today.. sad because the pope has left us but happy because we know hes with God at the momment.

I was going to go to Rome but its very difficult to get plane tickets now as everyone already knows why...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Nobody's perfect....but can you say that there's others who did as much as him in the las 30 years for the humanity...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The nine days is part of the ancient rituals of passing, leaving the religious or not religious feelings aside, this is history in the making and is hundreds of years old.

for people interested in historical facts this is one of the rare moments to witness them.

Occurs if you have not regard for history it doesn't matter.

The American flag is half mast, to honor.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
There will be another pope, there will never be another Jeff Buckley. Go figure.

What are you talking about? Of course there will be another pope (thats a title). There will never be another Karol Wojtyla, just like there wont be another Jeff Buckley (there will be other American singers and guitarists).

"The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass
of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
—Pope John Paul II

[edit on 2-4-2005 by andpau66]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Ok Pope is dead. So what?

Sorry but i dont really see what relevance this has, there will be a new Pope, he will make some small changes but carry on in much the same way.

He did good things in his life, but they are outweighed by his mistakes in terms of family planning.

What misktakes are those? Unless your Catholic they shouldnt matter to you. We dont believe in abortion. Its a "Catholic" thing that I wouldnt expect you to understand.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020 Its a "Catholic" thing

I am not Catholic and I grieve...........I am Lutheran and yet I understand the effect this man had on the world.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde

As in "Jeff Buckley" the alcoholic musician? Yes there will be plenty more of those. I dont understand the connection. If your here to flame, move on. This isnt the thread for you.

Im still waiting on a feeble response for you on this one..
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Let us grieve the loss of a great man, who lead a great life. My uncle was a Chicago cop when the Pope came here to visit. He was literally a few feet away from him and had a chance to speak with him. He wasnt a religous man, but said he never had a feeling like what he did after speaking to the Pope for a few seconds. The pope blessed him and his family. This is a sad day.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join