It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT! The Pope Has Died and its a Sad Day for Humanity!!!GOD Bless and Farewell John Paul II

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by spliff4020 Its a "Catholic" thing

I am not Catholic and I grieve...........I am Lutheran and yet I understand the effect this man had on the world.

That was in reference to person who pointed out the pope's "mistake" in family planning. The loss of the pope will be felt by all, not just catholics.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020That was in reference to person who pointed out the pope's "mistake" in family planning. The loss of the pope will be felt by all, not just catholics.

I know I just wanted to let the Catholics across the World know that this man was dearly loved and will be missed.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
No problem. Its just really gets me when people who are not Catholic refer to our beliefs and values as mistakes. We dont believe in abortion, we dont beleive in pre-marital sex and we dont believe in contraception.

What we believe is that a man and woman fall in love, and get married. Then, they raise a family. If more people would keep it in their pants and live this way the world would be a better place. Its hardly a mistake. Its hard to do. But since humanity is weak they seek the easy way out.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

As in "Jeff Buckley" the alcoholic musician? Yes there will be plenty more of those. I dont understand the connection. If your here to flame, move on. This isnt the thread for you.

Im still waiting on a feeble response for you on this one..
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Please, my 'feeble response awaits your esteemed perusal 'oh wise one'

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Our dear Pope's example led me to the Church. I am so happy that he is free from pain and suffering. Whatever you might think of his religious beliefs, please think about the fact that he was a good man who lived his life with dignity and who died with dignity.
John Paul II, Kashka and Slava thank you for all you did for Poland.
They are now free. God be with you.
joey

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ed:

Thank you for your tribute to John Paul II. I do realize that you are not Catholic so that makes it all the more special.

I was a volunteer working with Catholic youth during the 80's. It was unbelievable what this Pope accomplished with the Catholic youth. His "World Youth Days" called tens of thousands of teens to take part and learn from John Paul II.

The priests who have abused children have caused a great wound to the belief system of the Catholic Church. We are all pleased that steps are being taken to stop this evil.

That being said, I worked with many priests during my volunteer time with teen agers and never saw anything but good priests working to help teens through a very difficult age.

At these World Youth Days, hearing tens of thousands of teens shouting, John Paul 2, we love you! was an high point of my life.

I feel grief that he has gone, but am completely happy knowing that he is full of joy and meeting his maker in heaven.

I also feel, John Paul 2, I loved you!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sad news indeed, Myself i am of no religion but i respect those who follow their faith and live by it, I was very sad to hear that the pope had died,
but also happy that he is now at peace..

He was an amazing figure known to all.

Sleep well John paul 11

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I mourne, but we must also rejoice for he is now with God. He was a great man that'll live in our hearts forever, and we can now rest assured that his suffering is now over. Peace be with our father. Amen.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree
Ed:

Thank you for your tribute to John Paul II. I do realize that you are not Catholic so that makes it all the more special.

You are very welcome and I too will miss this Pope. Lets hope the next one has the same zeal and ethical standards. This one was far from perfect but was the best imho.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It is a sad day, for both Catholics and non-Catholics alike. The world has lost a great leader, and a great humanitarian.

It's too bad that the comments from LamesBlonde... woops, JamesBlonde... are put up with in the midst of such a somber event.

God bless the Ignore button.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Bobbo]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Even though I havent really figured out my religion...if I have one...I feel he was a great man he died with courage and honour...there will never be another like him...only another to learn from his teachings and to surpass him.....

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Here comes the False Prophet..

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael
Here comes the False Prophet..

What are you talking about?
Care to explain?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
This is so sad. I can almost feel the entire world mourning at this very moment.

how can you almost feel this???

i am catholic and i feel nothing...

he is a normal man with sins and etc...

sure, it IS sad BUT nothing to get depressed about...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The Pope was a man like other men. He was not perfect and I don’t believe he ever professed to be. Regardless of who or what he was he could never please everyone and therefore will have his critics.

He was however above all things a man of peace. He had the courage to speak out when others didn’t. The extent of his contribution to world peace has been significant.

I for one will miss him and I trust he is truly at peace now and free of his pain.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I dont think he was perfect, I cant say I know alot about him.

I do know he had at least 2 million people in one place at one time, no other man, sport anything has done that.

I also know he "took" the name John Paul the second, after the first died some 30 days after becoming the pope. (shady to me)

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I also know he "took" the name John Paul the second, after the first died some 30 days after becoming the pope. (shady to me)

Conspiracy? Not a chance, the other Pope just died nothing more, they always 'take' another name.

It amazes me how even in death, people choose to chastise the man here at ATS. Kind of sick imho.

This is not the place for that crap.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Here was a man who was born into very humble circumstance, was
shot, run over, forced into labor by the Nazi's persecuted by the Communists
and rose to become the most powerful religious leader in the world.
Pope John Paul II was truely a remarkable man, one of the greatest
figures of the 20th century, and probably the greatest pope since Gregory.

On top of that to choose to die with such dignity and grace is the ultimate
closing to a remarkable life...

I believe that anyone with a shred of respect would recognize the impact
this man had on the world.. To demean him and slander him shows the
depths to which ignorance has sunk to in this world

God be with you JPII

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I work for the Air Force Space Command, and we got an e-mail a couple of hours ago that said that US flags are to be flown at half-mast. The Pope was a great guy and all, but isn't that a bit much? He's not a US citizen. Will we lower our flags for all religious leaders, or just the catholics?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by michboisnard
Nobody's perfect....but can you say that there's others who did as much as him in the las 30 years for the humanity...

Mother Teresa would be my nomination! Although she died before him and her death saddens me more than the Pope(who's passing means little to me). I mourn for the common man/woman (mother teresa was a common woman doing things that most would not!

Mother Teresa you will be rembered by me even if you only got a page 10 blurp on the day you died! September 5, 1997

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join