It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 4 People Were Killed In A Tulsa, Oklahoma, Hospital Campus Shooting, Police Say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   

At least four people were killed Wednesday in a shooting on a hospital campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma, police said in a news conference Wednesday evening.

The gunman is also dead, police said. Authorities believe the shooter's gunshot wound was self-inflicted, Tulsa Police Department Deputy Chief Eric Dalgleish said in the news conference.
Several people were also wounded, though no one has life-threatening injuries, police Capt. Richard Meulenberg told CNN on Wednesday night.

At least 4 people were killed in a Tulsa, Oklahoma, hospital campus shooting, police say

Here we go again or so it seems.

Have to wonder when enough will be enough?

RIP to the poor victims and injured.

Police and authorities at least seem to have responded quicker to this horrendous incident.

Don't really know what more to say.

edit on 2-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Don't you think it's odd that they say:
"Authorities believe the shooter's gunshot wound was self-inflicted,"?

Don't they know?

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I think it's all "odd" Itisnowagain.

Then again people attacking innocents in hospitals and schools ticks a few more boxes than "odd" by my estimation.

As to the shooter's wounds being self-inflicted, if he's just killed multiple people, i suppose self-harm or suicide are not beyond the realms of possibility.

The people who commit these atrocities don't exactly appear to be the full shilling after all.

I'm sure more information will be forthcoming all the same regarding who what where and why.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Have you ever watched the film "God Bless America"?

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Never seen that one.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It's very sad to hear this.

(By the way, Tulsa was a sister city of Zelenograd. I don't know if it is our sister city now due to the severing of almost all ties between Russia and the United States.)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   

a reply to: andy06shake

Here we go again or so it seems

Not really; it never actually stops.

People are murdered every day across this country.

I think people would be more receptive to the problem if we stopped pretending these are isolated incidents that seem to be occurring more frequently lately.

Cities across US rocked by Memorial Day weekend shootings

link

United States over the Memorial Day weekend as police in eight major cities investigated incidents in which three or more people were shot, including 16 children.

The gun violence was especially acute in Philadelphia and Chicago, where police departments in both cities dispatched officers to more than 40 shootings between Friday afternoon and Monday night.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

WE NEED MORE GUNS!!!! Thats the answer. Give everyone a gun and we'll be safe

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I've not heard a lot about this one, something about it must not fit the main stream narrative. Anyone have any other information?

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

Shooter was black.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'm guessing after Uvalde all the police / responders will be all in on immediate action.

can't help but think shooter was upset over lack of care or poor prognosis for a loved one, but that's just speculation.

most hospitals have security but they can be big facilities.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Sadly, there has been an incident of a shooter in a medical facility in the past that turned out to be gang related.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

eu.usatoday.com...
www.wpsdlocal6.com... 236-11ec-a099-bbb2e4d87bcf.html

Information seems to still be incoming regarding this mass shooting.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   
existing thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

mods can we merge?

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah I've looked at a few sources, I have not seen a name, a picture or description of this "gunman" or "suspect". I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I just can't find it in my few minutes of searching. So yeah, he's probably not white...

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

WE NEED MORE GUNS!!!! Thats the answer. Give everyone a gun and we'll be safe

That is a posible solution; if everyone was armed they would be able to better protect themselves. But its not a very practical solution. Not everyone is able to operate a firearm safly and in practice your solution may cause more harm.

Just as strick gun control is a posible solution; if no one was armed then there would not be any gun violence. But again this is not a practical solution. Those intent to use firearms in an illegal manner will simply turn to the black market more then they do today to purchase their firearms.

“The majority of firearms used in criminal activity are obtained illegally,” said David Chianese, a correspondent at Law Enforcement Today, published author and former NYPD detective. “Stricter or additional gun laws do not reduce gun violence.”

link

So how do we arive at a practical solution to the perceived problem of gun related violence?

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So how do we arive at a practical solution to the perceived problem of gun related violence?

We don't.

A practical solution requires something called "reasoning" and active thought into the cause of the problem. The poster you responded to illustrates very well why this is not possible. They took a general philosophy based on knowledge of social history before and since the problem started and twisted it into a knee-jerk attempt at sarcasm. That's certainly not consistent with "reasoning," and it certainly does not provide any insight into why such shootings are becoming more commonplace.

I will not give up my right to protect myself and my family from any perceived threat. Period. That is my line in the sand, and it will not move. These type of people have decided that the only possible solution must be to remove that ability from me. So there can be no solution.

If, someday, long, long in the future in a galaxy far, far away, people decide that compromise and listening to others might possibly create a more effective approach to a problem than knee-jerk, poorly-considered talking points, perhaps then something might be done about the problem. But until then... nope. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

RIP to the victims and peace to their families and friends.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I've spent time in Tulsa and it's the tweaker capital of America. Im just surprised more events like this don't happen.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Some speculation the perp went there with an intended target.

Not that it makes the horrendous situation any more palatable all the same.

Looks like this whack job may have had a gripe against a specific person or group of such.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You have hit the nail on the head.
"I will not give up my right to protect myself and my family from any perceived threat."

The United States Supreme Court rule in Gonzales vs Castle Rock that the police have no obligation to protect an individual or group of individuals. That puts responsibility for the protection of ourselves and others on us. Several years ago we had a County District Attorney state that in her opinion there was no such thing as self-defense, that the police were there for protection. She stated that she would prosecute anyone, no matter how much justification that they had.

There has been so much crap put out by politicians and people trying to push the anti-gun agenda that the average person has no idea what constitutes self-defense. When you add that to some of the convoluted laws we have is it any wonder nobody is willing to come to the aid of people who are being attacked?

When I first took training to be an armed guard, our instructor asked a question. "How many of you live in a house where all of the bedrooms are on the second floor?" I thought that a strange question until he told us why. At that time, in Pennsylvania, the law stated that if your family was all on the upper floors and somebody broke into your house and you took a weapon downstairs, confronted them and killed or wounded them, you were going to jail. That law has since changed. Look at how the media misstated the Stand Your Ground Law in Florida a while back.

Again there was a similar law in PA. If I was in a perking lot and somebody started shooting and the nearest cover required that I move towards the shooter and I took that cover, shot and killed or wounded the shooter, I was going to jail. It was called "duty to retreat".

"Common sense" gun laws shouldn't be about banning or placing restrictions on weapons, it should be about clarifying when and how weapons CAN be used.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join