It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[No longer] Active Shooter in Tulsa Oklahoma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Multiple media outlets reporting this, at least 3 deceased and a number of others injured.

Tulsa City Councilman reported that the shooter was "seeking out a particular doctor" at St. Francis Hospital. Reports are that the shooter had a rifle, and now also a handgun.

Some details, an excerpt from 1st source:

Three people were killed in a shooting Wednesday on the campus of a hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, according to local police. The suspected gunman is also dead, the Tulsa Police Department announced on social media, although it did not disclose how the person died. The number of people injured was not immediately clear.

Now being reported the shooter died via self-inflicted gunshot.

Uncertain if there is any connection to the shooting, but a "possible bomb" has been reported in a residence in a town about 50 miles southeast of Tulsa... authorities currently investigating:

Although it's not clear if there is a connection to the hospital shooting, the Muskogee Police Department announced Tulsa police notified it at approximately 7:30 p.m. of a possible bomb inside a residence located at Park Place North in Oklahoma, roughly 50 miles southeast of Tulsa. Residents in the area were asked by the MPD to shelter in place and that police will be coming door to door to check with the residents.

1st source:

Four dead, including suspect, in Tulsa shooting

Another source/video interview on the event:

Active Shooter "Down" (Tulsa Police Dept.)

Most recent source:

www.al.com...
edit on 1-6-2022 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   
In before anyone else does, but I wish I could do the usual condolences, and perhaps I will after this, but I admit the first thought I had was irritation. I know some of you will blame libs and it is true, their smug use of these tragedies to stand in photo ops looking "fresh" and joining the latest cause to propel their other list items infuriates me. But what gets to me even more knowing that we already know about libs and that they are already lost to the century, is that so many of these nut balls are doing this copycatting and none of you are forming responsible groups to weed these weak minded guys out. Isn't seeing what is happening and going "oh, I think I'll shoot up another building" just plain idiocy? Now it would help if libs you know..shut up for freaking once, for once in their putrid little lives did not bad mouth half of the rest of society and for once showed some maturity and took their line items elsewhere and saw tragedy for what it was, but knowing they arent capable of it (sorry but I cant any longer be polite, I'm human too) we need to stop acting like odds and ends and at least show up to the table as normal and responsible enough and not hectic and chaotic. Need to know how to do that? Appearing as if you are not freaking loony.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheReaversChain

that's what I'm sayin. Nobody is interested in actually fixing this, it's too good of a wedge item both can use to rile the base.
If anyone gave a rats ass about making a difference, we would be talking about a whole range of different things, but we always seem to end up on the quagmire that is gunZ.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

If you plan on murdering a bunch of innocent people by any means
or for any reason? Please grow a pair and by all means kill yourself.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Nobody is interested in actually fixing this
a reply to: network dude

How do you literally ignore half of the country that is actually trying to fix this?
I mean, read a newspaper for god's sake.
Please. I say this will full sincerity.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Welp yeah you're not kidding. ...šŸ˜’.

ETA my condolences. I don't know who these people were but it sucks that ANYONE has to lose their lives because of some dumb situation where we all view this as just another political ploy. To anyone who still doesn't know this: shooting up little places full of soft targets is not cool and wont get you that fame you desire. It wasn't cool the last time it happened and it wont be cool the next time someone plans something like this. It's outright degenerate.

edit on 1-6-2022 by TheReaversChain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   

ā€œI have a strong suspicionā€¦ā€ is a poor basis for making a case. Best I can do is keep an eye on those around me. And I donā€™t mean via Facebook or even ATS.

Letā€™s say for argument I had a strong suspicion about you and thought it would be best for all involved to get you off of ATS because (and being honest here) some topics and subjects are not good for the unwell. I canā€™t just say ā€œLetā€™s Ban The ReaversChainā€¦for reasonsā€ I have to make a case to the rest of staff that this is 1) A good decision for you 2) A good decision for the membership as a whole. No matter how could an argument I come up withā€¦there has to be a consensus amongst the staff. And anyone could stand and either say no or that they need further evidence.

The above is a hypothetical. But we are also only talking about a forum on a website. Not a real world intervention team causing legal problems, restriction of rights under a Red Flag Law. With no real world experience other than ā€œI know of that guy.ā€ I mean at least with the hypothetical banning there is the benefit that I was trained as a counselor years ago. And I am not going to do an ā€œonline diagnosisā€ of your sanity.

So the fact that you can get more professional courtesy and consideration without your knowledge including advocacy on your behalf on a forum than in the real world from a ā€œRed Flag Gangā€ and a legislating from the bench judge engaged in a conspiracy to promote and agenda of disarmamentā€¦.is kinda scary.

I mean I told a joke, pointed out the joke and still have a couple people that donā€™t understand it was a joke in a different thread. Shouldnā€™t have guns since they are so absent from reality, or are they?

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Evenflo

Define " Fix ".

All I've seen so far is a bunch of whiny Liberals trying to infringe on my Right to defend myself and my family, because they want the govt to protect them cradle to grave.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Evenflo

How do you literally ignore half of the country that is actually trying to fix this?

Taking guns from law abiding citizens doesn't fix anything.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Who you talking about? The Democrats?
LMAO name one thing they have ever fixed.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

No I agree 100% and was not talking about suspicions on the net. People have a hard time understanding the difference between the net and irl and I never mean net. That's part of the problem in fact. My brain assumes "irl" and most people think "net." Sorry.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Probably because your definition of fix includes violating law abiding Americans their 2nd ammendment rights?

Could that possibly be it?

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

My point was that thanks to clown world you are safer here on ATS than IRL especially when it comes to personal protections, rights and advocacy.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If we dropped the 3rd, all the 2nd Amendment shenanigans would be gone within a week. Even Nancy would straighten up and keep her hands out of her pockets with a mob of DIā€™s showing up barking orders.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Also, I'm not asking for a politician who is fully divided from the community to form a "red flag" anything over some mysterious other, it was more a call to form groups of responsible gun owners who hung out on a casual basis and learned one another the ropes, and didnt so much cater to all these crazy nu types of guys, not a cause to form some in group but just as a measure to remind people that we're not a bunch of people who don't know how to live. I don't know what mental illness is but I don't need to freak out and blame the other guy but I know when someone is more or less twitched up and not acting right. I personally don't label. Someone having a bout of depression? If I give a guy the benefit of the doubt what's it to me but we have to meet irl, know one another that way. I cant weed through all this trumped up bs with media speculation over people I don't really know or care about. ..

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

My point was that thanks to clown world you are safer here on ATS than IRL especially when it comes to personal protections, rights and advocacy.

Uh ok.

(Shrugs) šŸ™‚ -

(..not sure of that, exactly. ...šŸ˜).

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

If we dropped the 3rd, all the 2nd Amendment shenanigans would be gone within a week. Even Nancy would straighten up and keep her hands out of her pockets with a mob of DIā€™s showing up barking orders.

Or, if these pigs making laws had to live by them as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

šŸ˜Š

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I literally ignore "half of the country" on this subject because they value expressing self-righteous indignation over actually solving problems. But I suspect they are more likely a vocal minority rather than "half of the country".

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Popped in first time in a while because this used to be the place to get the first info on the perp... any idea?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join