It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Officers in the Hallway while Texas School shooting occured

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Ok I wanted to jump on this new information before the anger gets out of control .

Talk Radio plays in the background all day at my job , and I've heard " 20 Officers stood in the hallway while kids were being killed " it has been repeated at least 100 times through out the day. Now I cannot imagine the anger that is fueling in people especially the parents of the victims and believe me that is exactly the point.

I know that everyone on ATS would like to think they would rush into that Classroom and save those children and for all I know maybe you would , but listen to my words very carefully .

1. You were not there , you don't actually know what happen.
2. Police officers have a chain of command and they follow orders .
3. Unless you have been in combat before and know for a fact you could have handled yourself in that situation then you really should not condemn these Police officers.

The Police Captain made the decision not to breach the room and he is the ultimate power when it comes to police in that town and he will have to live with his decision .

Everyone would love to believe they are a Hero , but when you are facing a Door and you know there is a Psycho with a Rifle behind it and he is shooting through the door , you can feel those bullets impacting the wall , you can feel those bullets buzzing by your head and you know if one of those hot pieces of lead collides with your skull that is a wrap for you . Yes there are children in that room and you desperately want to help them but your mind is doing everything it can to keep you alive including putting you into 'Fight or Flight' mode , and when most normal humans go into ' Fight or Flight ' they choose flight even if it's an unconscious choice that they later regret .

It takes years of combat training to train the Flight instinct out of the human Mind and body , and normal Police Officers do not have that training . To run into a room where you know your impending death is just beyond the door is unbelievably frightening it's a Rush but its also Frightening I am not ashamed to say I've pissed my pants in the Stack before but I digress.

What happened is a tragedy , and the main change we need to see from all of this is Better school security and Better Training and selection for Police Officers. Never forget that when a man or woman is not afraid to die they can do almost anything no matter how horrible and that is what happened at that school.

thank you for your time.

+17 more 
posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I know that everyone on ATS would like to think they would rush into that Classroom and save those children and for all I know maybe you would , but listen to my words very carefully .

1. You were not there , you don't actually know what happen.
2. Police officers have a chain of command and they follow orders .
3. Unless you have been in combat before and know for a fact you could have handled yourself in that situation then you really should not condemn these Police officers.

I think this logic sticks to most folks brains.

What is not mentioned however is the 45-60 minutes that this went on while children were still alive, calling for help.

+21 more 
posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Not only were they cowards who are armed, Trained and wearing Kevlar 6 of them tased and held down a dad who wanted to go in.

they should all be charged

WTF are cops for if not saving children?????
edit on 27-5-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Um. But isn't that EXACTLY what we pay police officers to do.

How could you know 10 year olds are being shot and have a gun and not try and stop it.

What good is it if the good guys with the guns are cowards?

Nope. Not buying what you're selling.
edit on 27-5-2022 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
No i wasn’t there but every single person who was most certainly is a coward. The absolute worst disgrace. Every single one present, no exceptions.

One hero, the one boarder patrol officers who shot him to death by himself just as anyone of the cowards who showed up earlier could have done but didn’t.

Officers are just like me or you I don’t back the blue anymore then I back any other random pos. Respect is earned only, putting on a pressed suit don’t mean jack.

link   
They had parents that were willing to do what they wouldn't, worse yet is that report earlier today that the border patrol team was there earlier than originally reported and cops on scene wouldn't let them go in.

Parents are going to be justifiably outraged, between the cops failing to do their damn job and the school idiot that left the door open that he came in so some idiot could get footage of the truck wreck.

Wow... what a cluster stuck.

link   
Holy smokes it’s a freaking miracle. We are on the same page! I am taking a screen shot.

a reply to: MiddleInsite

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What is not mentioned however is the 45-60 minutes that this went on while children were still alive, calling for help.

your not wrong mate , and that is on the Police Captain who made the decision and one has to wonder was he getting orders also from even higher ?

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The news also states the captain got wrong information! What is protocol when kids are calling 911 much later saying kids are being shot, please send the police in?

I blame the idiot teacher who left the back door ajar to retrieve a phone, whoever gave the captain bad info, whoever did not update info!

Where was the communication?

This is heartbreaking

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

How could you know 10 year olds are being shot and have a gun and not try and stop it.

I'm not selling anything , and Cops are just normal people with a Gun on there hip basically .

People think they have extensive training , I'm telling they don't that is what SWAT teams are for.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: JinMI

your not wrong mate , and that is on the Police Captain who made the decision and one has to wonder was he getting orders also from even higher ?

Histories atrocities are full of men "just doing their jobs."

At the very least, those officers could have let the parents at em. The ones who would have actually risked life and limb to defend their and others children.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
While everybody looks at the school shooting, and listens to all the heartbroken parents, the fact that a pattern has emerged is only discussed in terms of outlawing an inanimate object.

For me, it boils down to one fact: the doors to the school were not locked during class, and the public school system should be held responsible for every single death. $$$$$$$ millions should go to the parents, and millions more should be spent on security for all schools to insure no unauthorized access ever.
I can't post a screenshot, so I'll give a link to a very thought-provoking commentary.

[www.reddit.com...]
edit on 500000077America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: fix link

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No, this f'ing stinks..chain of command? better to ask forgiveness, than permission sometimes. When you know bad stuff is happening.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   

and that is on the Police Captain who made the decision and one has to wonder was he getting orders also from even higher ?

Nope ...... Some orders you just dont follow...

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Fairly certain there isn't a MAN on the planet who wouldn't save their child in that situation.

What are you trying to defend?

+10 more 
posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   

# these pigs.

-Combat Veteran

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: smh4wg

Fairly certain there isn't a MAN on the planet who wouldn't save their child in that situation.

What are you trying to defend?

I'm not defending I'm taking an unpopular stance for an insane situation that people only think they understand.

and of course there parents were trying to get in there its there children but not everyone had children in there , why do you think the Media is repeating this over and over .

they are trying to induce RAGE

link   
Minimum wage then.

link   
Defending these cowards is disgusting.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

I couldn't possibly agree with you more.

Nothing like abject cowardice, incompetence, and negligence to bring two opposing people together.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join