It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Officers in the Hallway while Texas School shooting occured

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

kids were calling 911 from the class room telling them they needed help

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: noscopebacon

kids were calling 911 from the class room telling them they needed help

Were the officers in the hallway made aware of those calls?

It sounds like they were not informed, since they claimed to have believed this was a "Barricade", versus an Active Shooter situation.
edit on 28-5-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I wonder that too. I believe the shooter was trans, correct? At least I saw a picture in women's cloths.

I do believe the cop in Floyd's case deserved to be convicted but it set-off a number of other cases that I didn't think the cop should have been charged (and I really hate the police too).

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I've seen more than the videos. I have almost been the victim of a police shooting because I was defending my property. Baby-faced, overweight cop, breathing heavy and shaking so bad while he had a gun drawn on me, I was actually a bit worried. He should never have put on that badge.

Did I mention I had already disarmed myself? I was standing there wearing nothing but a pair of pants, in the middle of a clear area, unarmed, with my hands in the air and my gun at least 10 feet away in the grass.

On the other hand, there is a deputy that patrols this area who is the exact opposite. In shape, confident, and someone I would trust to be by my side in a firefight.

It all depends on the cop. I agree that we need to start holding our local leaders directly responsible for who they hire to protect us. But that just adds to the blame. We are constantly told we do not need guns because we have police, then we realize how inept a lot of the police are! A good way to start that change is to start holding the police accountable to the same laws we have to live by. Had Ramos had a friend blockading the door and making sure help could not enter for an hour, that friend would be facing 21 counts of Accessory to First Degree Murder right now, and probably have bail denied. No one would care if he was poorly trained or overweight. So why aren't the cops, who did the exact same thing, not held to that standard? Why excuse the cops over meaningless crap?

That's how you start fixing the problem: make consequences happen.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Were the officers in the hallway made aware of those calls?

If not, they might have a defense. But then the on-site commander should be charged.

Someone in a uniform needs to be rotting behind bars over this.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The call down from “active shooter” is my biggest question mark right now. The cops had bullets coming at them through the door.. which makes me assume that the walls were cinder block and door was wood, which you typically see in schools.. with a high likelihood that children were in the room. But Cops were waiting for a key from the janitor? I also read something about waiting for a riot/bulletproof shield from border patrol? Where was the battering ram..every police station has to have at least one of those right? Them banging on the door and trying to get in would’ve at least drew some more bullets away from the kids.. I am trying not to take sides because of all the poor information but it’s not looking good for the police. And why is the Border patrol even in the equation? If this happened in the Midwest, they wouldn’t be waiting for border patrol..
edit on 28-5-2022 by Outerlimits13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Outerlimits13

I have yet to see a police officer who did not have a shotgun in his car. A single round of light buckshot at close range would have made the locked door a moot point. A that point, they would have the killer's attention instead of the children.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

you think 911 isnt relaying the real time info to the swat teams?

come on...

go do a ride along sometime and youll see how crazy that sounds.

if some one steals something and they have a 911 caller on the phone they keep them on the phone to relay ANY info to the police

so now we have an active shooter who has already shot his grandmother(who called 911 and warned them before she died), a car crash with a person who opened fire on civilians who also called 911, then TONS of calls from the school from students pleading for help from that room.

i can promise you when you fire a gun in a room like a class room it is SUPER loud.

i cant understand why a swat team would be afraid to enter a room with ONE shooter.

that is their job. PERIOD. barricaded or not they are required to stop the threat at all costs even their own lives.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

when i was over seas at least one person was trained with a shot gun to blow the hinges off a door so even if its locked it doesnt matter.

what is the point of a SWAT team and all their military gear if they are afraid to engage ONE suspect that is actively killing kids

they have bullet resistant body shields, body armor, flash bangs, CS gas, armored trucks and even MRAP's

stack up with shields toss a few CS and flash bangs and blow the door and take the person out.

the only order should have been to stop the shooter at all costs

cowards are all i see when i see cops tackling parents trying to get their kids but not engaging a active shooter

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

You see cowards; I see criminals.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

I would not hold anyone responsible for getting these criminals now. Those cops holding tasers out to threaten parents need to go, now.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

TheRedneck

I would not hold anyone responsible for getting these criminals now. Those cops holding tasers out to threaten parents need to go, now.

They need to be fired...out of a cannon, straight into a wall

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

they are police so they cant be criminals remember........... they have to go home at night...

most cops are cowards or criminals hiding behind a badge and the immunity given to them by government

i couldnt believe what i was seeing when they were pointing their weapons at the parents.

if heads don't roll for this some of these parents might take it into their own hands, they have nothing to lose anymore and the scariest person is the one with nothing to lose.

what ever happened to the attitude of older generations when they are confronted with a no win situation

'damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead'

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Kobayashi Maru

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Um. But isn't that EXACTLY what we pay police officers to do.

How could you know 10 year olds are being shot and have a gun and not try and stop it.

What good is it if the good guys with the guns are cowards?

Nope. Not buying what you're selling.

Watching police officers in shoot outs ... you see a lot of recklessness. And friendly fire happens far too often. One mishap while guns a-blazing could get children in more danger. And this causes more horrific circumstances... I mean blowing their own brains out because a sane man trying to protect children can not live with this over their heads. Cannot possibly face people as a child killer.

We can pretend we're high and mighty and know people will or won't react and point fingers at the chain of command, but the truth is far more sad. 20 officers playing duck hunt in a room full of children... it's a no-brainer (no pun intended). There would be a pile of child cadavers and a few suicides to boot. Guaranteed!

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

so just let the killer kill as many as he can right?

they were looking for a grown person not a elementary child it is pretty easy to determine if someone is an adult or a child

fact is they screwed up BIG time and there inaction cost lives.

you talk about people saying what ifs, well you are giving really lame excuses for men and women that are allegedly trained and there to protect the community and instead of putting themselves in danger they let a killer hang out in a room with kids as he executed them

but better the cops wait till they know all the kids are dead or down and THAN go in???

come on, these cops are cowards and should be held accountable for their inaction.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

I'm not defending I'm taking an unpopular stance for an insane situation that people only think they understand.

Your unpopular stance, if true, points out that these officers shouldn't be allowed to carry a weapon. If all they're good at is writing traffic tickets, take away their guns because, you know, they're scary!

Hopefully, this incident will lead to 911 operators calling a team that can take action in the first place. Leave the ticket writers safe and away from personal risk.

From their website:

edit on 5-28-2022 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-28-2022 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   

They should have breached that is what swat trains for. I've seen them this houses with steel security doors you can't tell me the door to the class couldn't be breached.

The other problem is what about windows most classes have them. This whole thing is strange as far as being scared of course they would be however if a cop isn't willing to take a bullet to prevent kids from being killed hes in the wrong profession

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Outerlimits13

I have yet to see a police officer who did not have a shotgun in his car. A single round of light buckshot at close range would have made the locked door a moot point. A that point, they would have the killer's attention instead of the children.

TheRedneck

Exactly , I would have realized that immediately .

The fact that never occurred to these cops not even the SWAT Team just shows how completely clueless these Police were , This was a complete # show with every possible thing going wrong .

The initial Cops on the scene said they were taking fire and that is why they fell back , That is mistake number one this is a single shooter and the Cops had the numbers on him they could have bounded forward on this guy and taken him out with ease if they actually knew what they were doing . If you fall back it allows the shooter time to find a better position and reload , which is why you sustain fire and move forward .

Where everything went horribly horribly wrong is when the Shooter entered the school and got into a classroom , These Cops on the scene had no idea how to handle that situation and just froze . I'm at a loss as to what the SWAT team was doing there is no excuse for there actions.

The Scene commander switched to a ' Hostage ' scene once the guy got into the classroom , What no one could have realized is the guy was going to take his time a slaughter the whole class .

and the fact the situation was finally handled by some off duty Border Patrol guys again makes zero sense , they breached the room while the big bad SWAT team just sat outside ???
edit on 28-5-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

There would be a pile of child cadavers and a few suicides to boot. Guaranteed!

But thats the result you got..the suicides are coming later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join