It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The second most dangerous volcano on the planet, Krakatoa is very active

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
So it seems the deadliest volcano in the world is very active again.

It had had may eruptions over the past 4 months but it is Very active these last few days

Volcano Anak Krakatoa is once again worrying Indonesia. After the recent eruption from one of the volcano’s craters the Indonesian meteorological department (BMKG) has raised its risk assessment to level 3, just one below the highest. The highly active stratovolcano is considered one of the most dangerous in the world

en.as.com...

www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The second most dangerous volcano on the planet ?

Here are top5 super volcanos in the world, I would think they would be more dangerous ?

1 – La Garita Caldera.
2 – Lake Toba.
3 – Cerro Guacha.
4 – Yellowstone Caldera.
5 – Lake Taupo.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

The explosive-effusive eruption at the volcano continues.
The latest image (27 April) captured by the Sentinel-2 satellite from Copernicus depicts the active lava flow, spreading into a new field of lava covering the origin land, and it is unclear whether it has already to built a new lava delta, but it looks as if has.

I've been watching this one since it has a history of going boom.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well, it was the first but last time it went off it killed mostly everything around it for 1000's of miles.

The eruption was one of the deadliest and most destructive volcanic events in recorded history.

The pressure wave generated by the colossal third explosion radiated out from Krakatoa at 1,086 km/h (675 mph). The eruption is estimated to have reached 310 dB, loud enough to be heard 5,000 kilometres (3,100 mi) away

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Okay now I know about Krakatoa, I watched this great documentary
If you have the time you should give it a watch

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Okay now I know about Krakatoa, I watched this great documentary
If you have the time you should give it a watch

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

I totally forgot about this site! Thanks!

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
yeah, it's east of java, right?

i thought i read it could be heard in england when it went off.

killed 36,000 people?

hereis a bad ass one that blew.

As we all know, there is a lot of speculation about the sudden disappearance and demise of Neanderthals and subsequently the Denisovans.
There are many theories and plausible hypotheses, but could an erupting supervolcano known as Campi Flegrei be the culprit?
Or was is merely the straw that broke the camels back?
In this video we are going to take a look into the plausibility of the Great Campanian Ignimbrite eruption being the reason behind the extinction of Neanderthals.
The eruption of Campi Flegrei is also known as the Great Campanian Ignimbrite eruption and this was the largest and worst eruption in Europe in the past 200,000 years.
Campi Flegrei erupted and the radius of spewed ash has been estimated to have been 3.7 million square kilometres.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

edit on Thu Apr 28 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have very limited knowledge about volcanoes but isn't that good if it keeps having these little eruptions?

It's releasing energy gently instead of it all being bottled up for one, big, violent eruption?

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is the "Child of Krakatoa" (Anak Krakatoa). Created by The Krakatoa eruption in 1883. It hasnt been above sea level 100 years yet. A lot like the Tonga one 3 months ago..

Id be more worried about Tacoma, Washington being burried by a lahar from the Northwest face of Mt. Ranier. Mt. Hood and St. Helens are even considered more menacing.

Even among ones most capable of erupting in the next 50 years, it's a VEI 3 or 4 blip on the geological record.

Nowhere near Mt.Tambora in 1815 and the volcanic winter it caused.

Cool in anycase. Not yet a global threat by any stretch though.
edit on 28-4-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   
www.meteorologiaenred.com...

from the article;

In the Northwest of Naples, we find the supervolcano Campi Flegrei. At the end of 2016 an international team of geologists published an alarming study. Although it has been without activity for almost 500 years, the last time was in 1538, Campi Flegrei is showing signs that she is waking up. For people who do not know what a supervolcano is, it is a larger volcano than normal, but its capacity for destruction is enormous. In fact, in Europe, Mount Flegrei has been the volcano with the largest proportions.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Here's a bit of an update. I hope it doesn't get worse.

Indonesia raised the alert status for the offspring of the infamous Krakatoa volcano to its second highest level on Monday, a day after it erupted and spewed a towering ash cloud 3,000 meters (9,800 feet) into the sky.

phys.org...

new topics

top topics

join