It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else suffering from Tinnitus?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelleEpoque
It's usually diet, God or 5G to blame.

Yes, those.

I'm going to try a serious "fast" soon and cut out EVEYTHING for a couple of days. See what happens.

Including laying off the internet
just so I can switch off every single electrical item (except the aquarium).

Will report my findings.

Personally, I think it's something to do with my Pineal Gland which was super activated just over a year ago due to some interesting events in life.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Mine is firearm/aircraft maintenance related unfortunately.

Bad news no cure, different treatments can help if it really bothers you go talk to a professional.

Getting my VA evals done right now and what I was told by the audiologist was while they cant fix it hearing aids have gotten to a point where they can blunt all but the worst versions of it.

Your mileage may vary, So far I have found great doctors in central alaska.

And some absolutely terrible ones in south georgia, middle of the road in oklahoma, hence your mileage will vary.

ETA: I used to think I had a mild case in the lower 48, since moving to fairbanks its a non stop high pitched electronic type whine especially after sunset quietest area I have ever lived by far.
edit on 9-3-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I did a 3 day fast last week. it wasn't fun or easy but it was doable. I feel much better, flexibility, stamina, energy. I look forward to doing it again.

On the serious side, insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome is off the charts even for the skinnies and causes all our declining conditions. Fasting helps address and heal our insulin levels.

I love your avatar.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I contracted it as a spook in the Navy. But as I aged and my hearing got worse, the tinnitus went away. The ear-brain connection is very complicated.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

ETA: I used to think I had a mild case in the lower 48, since moving to fairbanks its a non stop high pitched electronic type whine especially after sunset quietest area I have ever lived by far.

Sorry to hear of your injury. Yours is not caused by diet or God but it might be made worse by 5G.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Caffeine. Try cut down coffee.

It worked for me. Had bad tinnitus before.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have had tinnitus most of my life and I am sorry to say there is currently no cure for it. There are mitigation tactics, but nothing that makes it go away. My years playing guitar in a metal band finally got me.

Mine is the particularly nasty kind too. If you have ever tuned a guitar you will understand this. When you strike a note on a string, then strike the same note on a different string they ring true as one. Unless one is out of tune. Then it sounds like one is strobing or phasing while the other remains steady. The closer they are to being in tune the slower and less severe the phasing gets. This is how you tune a guitar using harmonics.

I have multiple high pitch tones going off simultaneously 24/7. Sometimes they are in tune, sometimes not. What really bugs me is when one of them slowly starts going out of tune with the others. I cant do anything about it except sit there and listen to it slowly phasing and strobing more and more rapidly until it gets completely out of range. Then it very slowly starts coming back and does the whole thing in reverse.

There are times it is so loud I would swear other people can hear it. But its all just for me.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelleEpoque
.....insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome is off the charts even for the skinnies and causes all our declining conditions. Fasting helps address and heal our insulin levels.

I love your avatar.

Yes, I am a "skinny". You give me incentive to fast, thanks.

Glad you like the avatar. I was going to give it a "Q" tail on the circle but got flustered in photoshop..lol

If you like my Avvie, it's time to upgrade my signature, watch out..

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Your Tinitus sounds annoying, I wish you well.

Along with my normal kind of ringing in the ears, I get a noise in my head when I go to bed and the head is layed down.

It's like a stopwatch that comes and goes. A fast "ticking"....like a time-bomb waiting to go off.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: whiteblack
Caffeine. Try cut down coffee.

It worked for me. Had bad tinnitus before.

I got fed up running to the toilet shortly after my first sip.

Great laxative.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: crayzeed

If you go to the doctors they are very helpful in telling you they can do f### all

That and the suggestion that I just learn to live with it.

Do you have Wi-Fi, a power company meter near the wall, close to the computers and modems all day.

We find it goes away if we go camping in the mountains.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I dont doubt all the electronics are part of the problem, but when I went out last weekend roughly a hundred miles from the artic circle, once I slowed down and relaxed it was like having a toddler screaming in my ear.

maybe it gets better over time, but just a day away from everything and it sucked.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Menier's. My wife has had bouts of it. Dizzy so badly she can't even open her eyes without the whole world spinning around her. A couple of bouts and now it seems to have passed away from her. I have a lot of dizzy as well not but not as seriously.

I"ve tried the Eply maneuver and a couple of tries of that and the dizzy gets better for a while. I also grind my teeth so I had a mouth guard made but as I also have a strong gag reflex, it disturbs that and I cannot wear it.

You have given me a couple of thoughts to take up with my GP in a couple of weeks so thanks for that Put.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Lame...I feel for you as it can literally drive one nuts too never be able to enjoy silence. I hope you find a helpful tactic to reduce the noise.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

If a person cannot handle full fasting, intermittent fasting is a good sub.
I generally ingest all my foods in a five hour window, allowing my body to do what it does for the other nineteen.
I must say, I feel better, and my digestive system is much happier.

Ears buzzing is still there though.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Zow. Mine is an orchestration as well, how many tones is beyond my capacity to count. There are two maybe three that dominate but a number of others.I can count four from one side and either two or three from the other.. Sometimes I think that it is '''the other side'' giving me a call.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Sorry Don't.

Usually at night I can go right to sleep. I listen to ambient music, space music if you will that most of the time, so far anyway, seems to take my attention enough that I don't hear it, as well the music is soothing and I can drop of like a rock.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
About three days after my car accident my Tinnitus started and it happened in a few minutes. I had temporal lobe damage from the accident in the Temporal region on my left side. Mine is not an ear issue, in fact the sound seems to be loud in both ears. I use this sound to judge the state of my seizure risk. If it gets louder I have to eat anti-epileptic foods and or take a specialized supplement mix. Then it almost goes away.

Mine is a problem with scarring in the temporal lobe which even showed up on the MRIs. If it gets loud, my risk of partial seizures increases...sugary foods really increase the noise and epilepsy risk. Carbs of certain kinds don't raise it, but too much sweets and it jumps right up.

I usually use asparagus, cabbage, potatoes, and specially made soups to control it but without low consumption of sugars those don't work. Strangely, sugar on strawberries, blueberries, or cherries are not bad at all, so I can eat those with sugar without much increased seizure risk, must be the anthrocyanins they contain. So, I can eat blueberry, cherry, and berry pies made from fresh berries with cane sugar.

My tinnitus is not what most people have, but there are some people there that can use this information. Had it now for twenty years. I can hear most every frequency except the high pitched noise which matches that sound. Identifying wheel bearing noise is a lot harder now because of that problem. The hearing tests I took after the accident showed no problem with the ears but a definite problem identifying sounds within the frequencies of the noise. I also get occasional bong or bell sounds, used to those happening....means I need some special soups. Taurine supplements do help to suppress the volume but not as good as my special soups or asparagus do.

So mine is technically not tinnitus which others have but it still is considered under the class of tinnitus in medicine even though it is in the temporal lobe and the filtering part of the brain. I am also more susceptable to certain frequencies that people cannot even hear like some light bulbs and some frequencies from towers and I don't have a clue why and it is pretty impossible to figure out why some are a problem while others aren't. Boy, the dishwasher used to mess me up and so do certain cycles of the freezers and the condensate pump of the new gas furnace.

Certain medicines actually cause tinnitus, you would need to research that to find if the class of medicine does that. It is the class that is important, medicines do not always state they cause tinnitus till it is proven that they do so look it up in a year and it may be listed then...or just look up the types of meds that cause the problem. It is common for some classes of meds to cause this problem.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I've had tinnitis about as long as I can remember... I don't remember having it as a child, but then again I don't remember not having it as a child. Mine is actually three or so different tones that come and go seemingly at random. Luckily, I can ignore it. There is no cure.

An ear doctor told me once what it really is: you know there are tiny hairs in the inner ear which vibrate at the different frequencies and send information to the brain. Well, the way he explained it is, one or more of those tiny hairs is damaged. The signal to the brain is gone. But the brain doesn't realize that, and it keeps trying to hear that frequency. To do so, it becomes super-sensitive to any input, sort of like turning up a gain control on an amp all the way trying to hear a signal that isn't there. The result is a kind of "static" at that frequency.

In my case, the hearing loss is probably caused by listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd at 120+ db when I was young. To be sure, though, I don't consider it my fault. Sure, folks used to tell me that I would lose my hearing by listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd at 120+ db, but I couldn't hear them over the Lynyrd Skynyrd at 120+ db.

So I have high-frequency hearing loss. I have fun with it; the problem with high-frequency hearing loss is that you still hear the sounds (most of them at least) but you have trouble forming the sounds into words in your head. So sometimes I hear something that wasn't exactly what was said, like the time someone said "I fixed the sink" and I heard, I swear, "I pissed in the sink." Had a lot of laughs over that one.

The sound isn't coming from your ears; it is inside your head. People have destroyed their hearing before trying to stop the noise... don't do that. It doesn't help the tinnitis, but it makes it impossible to hear anything else. You'll spend the rest of your life hearing nothing but the constant buzzing.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: crayzeed

If you go to the doctors they are very helpful in telling you they can do f### all

That and the suggestion that I just learn to live with it.

If you played in front of the 200 Watt Marshall amp... well talk to Jeff Beck. He has some kind of something. I read about a few years ago. Did it work? Last I heard he still uses it.

A light jog at your age helps a bit. As you jog the buzzing may seem to disappear for a short time as long as you are not focusing on it. Coffee is a bitch with tinnitus .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join