It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Breyer to retire

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
They should nominate Michelle Obama. Wouldn't that piss off Republicans. Better yet, nominate President Obama or AOC.

"Wouldn't that piss off Republicans"

Ironically that's been the DNC's only motivation since Carter...

well that and enriching themselves and playing the race and sexism card

Would be difficult to nominate someone who lost her license to practice law (for life) due to dishonest and corrupt behavior, even for democrats.

moochelle wasn't ever on the list.

I'm pretty sure since the post refers to Jimmy Carter and the 70's it's about broad generalities. Unless you think neither side does stuff to piss the other side off.

Does that make anything I said inaccurate?

No.

Even democrats aren't stupid enough to nominate her.

She has already disqualified herself.

Again my post said nothing about who they may or may not nominate, only the DNC generally enjoys pissing off the Republicans any chance they get.

Perhaps in your zeal to get a zinger in you completely missed that it was another poster that suggested Michelle Obama and now you are coming across as

Perhaps.

But was anything I said inaccurate?

No.

Dogs may have fleas...

It's accurate but its relevance to my post is suspect... but forget all that

In a huge fan of Reagan went with my best friend's family to Washington for the Reagan Inauguration in 1981, was in 8th grade and we drove 14 hours to get there. We got to our position before dawn and waited and only saw him for a split second as his motorcade drove by.

So you are obviously military, thank you for your service ...

I assume Iceland's visit was the Reykjavík Summit or was it when he spoke to the military and their families at Keflavik International Airport.

Would love to hear about the "poisoning incident" can not find a reference to it anywhere?

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

They should nominate Michelle Obama. Wouldn't that piss off Republicans. Better yet, nominate President Obama or AOC.

Would be difficult to nominate someone who lost her license to practice law (for life) due to dishonest and corrupt behavior, even for democrats.

I'm pretty sure since the post refers to Jimmy Carter and the 70's it's about broad generalities. Unless you think neither side does stuff to piss the other side off.

No.

Again my post said nothing about who they may or may not nominate, only the DNC generally enjoys pissing off the Republicans any chance they get.

Perhaps in your zeal to get a zinger in you completely missed that it was another poster that suggested Michelle Obama and now you are coming across as

Perhaps.

No.

Dogs may have fleas...

In a huge fan of Reagan went with my best friend's family to Washington for the Reagan Inauguration in 1981, was in 8th grade and we drove 14 hours to get there. We got to our position before dawn and waited and only saw him for a split second as his motorcade drove by.

I assume Iceland's visit was the Reykjavík Summit or was it when he spoke to the military and their families at Keflavik International Airport.

Would love to hear about the "poisoning incident" can not find a reference to it anywhere?

I was not military, but not too far from being accurate.

Was born with a minor heart defect that prevented military service.

I did not wear a uniform though, and wouldn't want anyone to think I am claiming that I did.

Most (not all) of those 4 examples were due to circumstances at the time, and the fact that my father was State Dept. Neither of us were supposed to be in Iceland, but someone on our suddenly redirected plane was urgently requested for some reason.

Look up what happened in Iceland at the summit.

We were 30 minutes from destroying russia forever as kgb was attempting to keep gorby from 'surrendering' to us in the cold war.

The zero option.

Reagan was rushed to AF1 and started to take off, when gorby called and admitted it was kgb acting without his knowledge.

Reagan agreed to allow the meetings to continue if gorby and Iceland allowed U.S. fighter cap.

AF1s engines didn't shut down for 3 days, just in case. AF2 circled above nearby, and everyone except potus had to eat MREs. Reagan shared one 'meal' in the chow hall hanger with us as a way of saying thank you, but AF1 brought plenty of safe food for potus.

It was food poisoning to force the U.S. delegation into diarrhea fits, not novachic. (Sp?)

Most of it was kept silent, but MANY bits did reach U.S. media at the time.

edit on 28-1-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

I met President Reagon once. Well, not really. I worked as a server at the Hyatt Regency on Maui and was assigned to his table. Seated at the round were President Reagan and his wife, Jimmy Carter and his wife, Gerald Ford and his wife and Chris Hemmeter, who developed/owned the hotel, and his wife.

My job was water. I held a water pitcher, given to me by the Secret Service, in my white gloved hand and topped off their water glass every time one of them took a sip. I was so star struck and diligent (lol) that Nancy Reagan actually looked me in the eye and said "Thank you" when I topped off her water glass.

edit on 28-1-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
If it is Kamala wouldn't she have to resign as VP and give the majority to the Republicans?
I've heard Michelle Childs name mentioned a couple of times.

edit on R20222022kQ000000America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago1 by RookQueen because: added content

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Something about this announcement that we shouldn't just overlook. The announcement of Breyer to retire wasn't publicly known according to Breyer. He was caught off guard about this being in the news. Now think about that...

Are the SCJ being spied on by this administration?

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

I met President Reagon once. Well, not really. I worked as a server at the Hyatt Regency on Maui and was assigned to his table. Seated at the round were President Reagan and his wife, Jimmy Carter and his wife, Gerald Ford and his wife and Chris Hemmeter, who developed/owned the hotel, and his wife.

My job was water. I held a water pitcher, given to me by the Secret Service, in my white gloved hand and topped off their water glass every time one of them took a sip. I was so star struck and diligent (lol) that Nancy Reagan actually looked me in the eye and said "Thank you" when I topped off her water glass.

Reagans were extremely nice people, and never thought they were any better, or different from, the 'help'.

Exact opposite of wjc, obama, and biden.

Not even gonna try to describe hillary, I don't have the words.

Glad you had that experience with the Reagans!

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Democratic Supreme Court Justice Breyer Plans To Retire Before Midterms: NBC
Apparently, NBC just announced that Stephen Breyer is going to retire before the midterms. Obviously he doing this now in case the Republicans take control of the Senate in November.

I seem to remember the Democrats howling awful things at Trump when he pushed though his nominee before the midterms. Watch as all that falls down the memory hole in 3... 2... 1...

ONLY a BLACK FEMALE will be chosen,[...]

eta:
for those who challenge that assertion, just no.

Has Websters redefined 'racism' and 'misogyny' to fit the new liberal agenda yet?

Is Elisabeth Warren in the running?

you mean senator Karen

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I remember the Dementia sock puppet biden saying if elected he would make obama the next SCOTUS

edit on 28-1-2022 by LA1IMPALA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

No.

Perhaps.

No.

Dogs may have fleas...

I did not wear a uniform though, and wouldn't want anyone to think I am claiming that I did.

Most (not all) of those 4 examples were due to circumstances at the time, and the fact that my father was State Dept. Neither of us were supposed to be in Iceland, but someone on our suddenly redirected plane was urgently requested for some reason.

We were 30 minutes from destroying russia forever as kgb was attempting to keep gorby from 'surrendering' to us in the cold war.

The zero option.

Reagan was rushed to AF1 and started to take off, when gorby called and admitted it was kgb acting without his knowledge.

Reagan agreed to allow the meetings to continue if gorby and Iceland allowed U.S. fighter cap.

AF1s engines didn't shut down for 3 days, just in case. AF2 circled above nearby, and everyone except potus had to eat MREs. Reagan shared one 'meal' in the chow hall hanger with us as a way of saying thank you, but AF1 brought plenty of safe food for potus.

It was food poisoning to force the U.S. delegation into diarrhea fits, not novachic. (Sp?)

That's pretty cool I bet you have loads of stories, Reagan catches a lot of grief had he flaws, but he was perfect coming after Carter and considering where Russia was at the time, he was damn good there as well. You need to do some threads with some stories....

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   

No.

Perhaps.

No.

Dogs may have fleas...

The zero option.

That's pretty cool I bet you have loads of stories, Reagan catches a lot of grief had he flaws, but he was perfect coming after Carter and considering where Russia was at the time, he was damn good there as well. You need to do some threads with some stories....

I try to share what I can, and a few times went too far and suffered a severe hand slapping as a result.

My brief time spent in proximity to Reagan made it clear that he was 100% honest & honorable patriot.

Not perfect.

But relentlessly kind and honest.

And relentless in protecting our future.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LA1IMPALA
a reply to: Bluntone22

I remember the Dementia sock puppet biden saying if elected he would make obama the next SCOTUS

Wow...if you could find that quote!

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Bloodworth

Because they don’t want black democrats crying about more broken promises 🙄

As the real racists and party of the confederacy, democrats have no right to even discuss such matters. It’s why I ignore them completely. I can’t (unfortunately) shut them up, but I can ignore and discard them at will

Former friend of KKK leader Robert Byrd may have changed his racist stripes.

Who Is Janice Rogers Brown? Black D.C. Circuit Judge Biden Blocked From Appointment.

President Joe Biden on Thursday reiterated his campaign promise of nominating a Black woman to the Supreme Court, leading some pundits to bring up his past opposition to Janice Rogers Brown.

Then-Senator Biden opposed and then filibustered the nomination of Brown to the federal bench in 2003 and 2005.
Source: www.newsweek.com...

I bet this is one campaign promise Joe Biden wish he had not made in such a public manner.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Here is a POLL Joe Biden probably believes and likes.

The majority of Americans want him to consider ALL eligible candidates to replace Justice Breyer on the Supreme Court.

Not ONLY a Black Woman: abcnews.go.com...

It's also interesting that CNN and MSNBC are not making this one of their headlines. So far, only ABC and FOX.

Maybe old Joe will use this to try and weasel out of choosing a Black Woman? Or, he will choose one who is so toxic, she will be unable to be confirmed. He then pivots to a White Man to replace a retiring White Man.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Whoever he picks, they had better be loyal to the Constitution and all of America. No ulterior or hidden loyalties

Anything involving CRT or someone that supports CRT is a non starter.

Thankfully, we already put that turd Garland in his place thanks to McConnell refusing to give fake POTUS Obama the time of day. We also shut down 3 Hillary picks, and prevented her from ever becoming a President

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh of course. They’re the party of slavery and anti-Republicanism

They’re all talk. To them, it’s about what words they use. They think if they can make a really good “movie quality” speech they can do anything

Because they don’t understand the real world. They’ve lived in sheltered leftist cities.

They won’t actually deliver tangible gains for all Americans (including blacks) but they sure do like to *TALK* about it

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The fact that they are only looking at specific candidates when there are 1000's of judges of all races is illegal and unjust. In the end, I could care less who is appointed as long as they will uphold the constitution and not try to interrupt.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I predict soto 2.0.

Doesn't really matter though, because I also predict that this will be the democrat party's last SCOTUS nomination for a very long time.

Possibly the last one ever.

edit on 1-2-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join