It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Breyer to retire

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Press briefing now. It will be a black female who is currently a judge and has been through the confirmation process, albeit on a smaller scale. Very few Americans will know the name when it is announced.

The goal is to get that person approved, so when briar retires, she will be able to sit right down in his chair the same day.

This is democrats openly admitting that they expect to get completely destroyed in November, so need breyer to retire before then.

Worst polling since 1860 for democrats.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The goal is to get that person approved, so when briar retires, she will be able to sit right down in his chair the same day.

They sort of have to get it done before Breyer is actually out of the chair. He's going until the end of the current term, which ends in early October... Starting confirmations at that point would make things fairly easy to bog down until the mid0term election has happened and the GOP has taken a majority in the Senate, at that point, just sayin', why not wait until 2024 to fill the seat and enjoy a 7-2 sane majority in the SCOTUS?

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Staci Michelle Yandle

en.wikipedia.org...

Appointed by O in Illinois.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My guess is he throws a huge wrench in everything and tries to appoint the smartest person he has ever known. The one and only Hunter Biden, I mean who else would have an inside track to the mind of a criminal and how criminals work. God knows the SCOTUS No longer looks at the constitution so why need the knowledge.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I thought all crappy biden nominees will be coming from Californication country, I wonder,

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I would love to be a fly on the wall, or a silent observer to Justice Breyer's email inbox, to witness the tsunami of pressure this guy probably took to get out of the way for a female PoC "retire".

Got to love liberals. They waged a "Weekend at Bernie's" style campaign to prop up the corpse of Ruth Bader-Ginsburg on the SCOTUS, despite her failing health clearly impacting her ability to function as a justice. Her career on the SCOTUS lasted 27 years, and if she hadn't passed away in office (at the age of 87), you BETTER BELIEVE she'd have hung in there past the century mark, if her constituency had asked it of her and her health would've cooperated. She'd be as lucid and cogent as Joe, maybe worse, but she'd have a vote when it counted, even if it took an act of ventriloquism from her "supporters" to cast that vote.

Now at 82 years old, with 20 years on the bench, Breyer is "hanging them up".

What's changed?? Why the different standards? If Ginsburg could've gutted it out to 90 (if her health had allowed it)...why shouldn't Breyer?

We already know the answer to that, and it's the same vocal, outsized "social influencers" that stomped their feet to get a utterly outclassed, in over her head VEEP onto the Biden ticket.

Gutless, wimp Breyer rolls over, and "paves the way" (i.e. plays ball) for a Brandon appointee.

How magnanimous of him.

But at least we can now "check another box", which is what we'll be doing when/if Biden's selection for SCOTUS is approved.

The United States:
Land of the Free; Home of the Brave; Everyone Gets a Turn, Promise!

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Democratic Supreme Court Justice Breyer Plans To Retire Before Midterms: NBC
Apparently, NBC just announced that Stephen Breyer is going to retire before the midterms. Obviously he doing this now in case the Republicans take control of the Senate in November.

I seem to remember the Democrats howling awful things at Trump when he pushed though his nominee before the midterms. Watch as all that falls down the memory hole in 3... 2... 1...

ONLY a BLACK FEMALE will be chosen, per JOE BIDEN. Using racism to pick a justice for the Supreme court, that will be his legacy, along with picking a black woman as a running mate. (that worked out great)

eta:
for those who challenge that assertion, just no.
edit on Wed Jan 26 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

When is "enough is enough" with picking people for things based on their race?

Or, at least, do Asians, Hispanics ever get a turn? Or is it only a choice of "choose A) or, A), or A)!" on the selection sheet.

What a farce.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AcrobaticDreams
Both sides are supremely hypocritical along with the constituents of these hypocritical politicians. Both sides point the finger at each other lambasting each other’s ridiculousness-which are just reflections of themselves. They’re looking in the mirror.

It would be funny. If I didn’t have to live amongst it.

Hmm, I pay just a little attention to it all...

But are both sides truly putting forth representatives based on skin color/gender?

As far as I can tell, only one side seems to be doing that on the regs now.

If we're being honest with ourselves, the answer to that is a slam dunk.

I couldn't care less about platforms and policies of the parties at this point, as it's coming down to one side has completely morphed into some kind of dystopian inverted form of a Bavarian political movement from the 1930's, but just using different racial maxims.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Staci Michelle Yandle

en.wikipedia.org...

Appointed by O in Illinois.

Female black lesbian. Checks all the boxes.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

This is democrats openly admitting that they expect to get completely destroyed in November

I wouldn't be too sure of that, the system is still rigged... and if they can't cheat the system they may work in a false flag event. Kamala could be our last president. 🔥

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

This is democrats openly admitting that they expect to get completely destroyed in November

I wouldn't be too sure of that, the system is still rigged... and if they can't cheat the system they may work in a false flag event. Kamala could be our last president. 🔥

Agreed. Nobody can be sure of anything nowadays.

Honest pre & post election polls also showed Trump winning an electoral landslide in 2016, which was one of the first indications that democrats may have cheated.

But democrats do 'expect' a catastrophe this year, and are currently flapping around for any way to change the current polling.

Current polling hasn't been this bad for democrats since 1860.

Not an exaggeration.

Or time to start celebrating.

Time for more throttle.

edit on 26-1-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

Well that's why you're seeing BAMN play out on large scale.

Go back to the "Russia! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!" well once more.

Start playing stupid, pointless swap-outs with SCOTUS appointees ("Dem for a Dem, only better!")

They probably have the same think tanks and focus groups that Hillary used in '16 working 60 hours a week, thinking up new schemes to "change the messaging", "shift the narrative", all of those nice fuzzy crap burger euphemisms for taking peoples' minds off the utter cluster fcuck we've been subjected to over the past year.

If you are serving a sh!t burger sandwich product, just change up the packaging a little. The lowest common denominator types usually fall for that.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

Well that's why you're seeing BAMN play out on large scale.

Go back to the "Russia! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!" well once more.

Start playing stupid, pointless swap-outs with SCOTUS appointees ("Dem for a Dem, only better!")

They probably have the same think tanks and focus groups that Hillary used in '16 working 60 hours a week, thinking up new schemes to "change the messaging", "shift the narrative", all of those nice fuzzy crap burger euphemisms for taking peoples' minds off the utter cluster fcuck we've been subjected to over the past year.

If you are serving a sh!t burger sandwich product, just change up the packaging a little. The lowest common denominator types usually fall for that.

They are panicked because they don't even think bamn will work this time.

So their eventual plan may be much worse than 2020.

But at least we have our defense on the field this time.

And democrats are starting from one helluva hole.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
They should nominate Michelle Obama. Wouldn't that piss off Republicans. Better yet, nominate President Obama or AOC.

"Wouldn't that piss off Republicans"

Ironically that's been the DNC's only motivation since Carter...

well that and enriching themselves and playing the race and sexism card

Would be difficult to nominate someone who lost her license to practice law (for life) due to dishonest and corrupt behavior, even for democrats.

moochelle wasn't ever on the list.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

originally posted by: AcrobaticDreams
Both sides are supremely hypocritical along with the constituents of these hypocritical politicians. Both sides point the finger at each other lambasting each other’s ridiculousness-which are just reflections of themselves. They’re looking in the mirror.

It would be funny. If I didn’t have to live amongst it.

Hmm, I pay just a little attention to it all...

But are both sides truly putting forth representatives based on skin color/gender?

As far as I can tell, only one side seems to be doing that on the regs now.

If we're being honest with ourselves, the answer to that is a slam dunk.

I couldn't care less about platforms and policies of the parties at this point, as it's coming down to one side has completely morphed into some kind of dystopian inverted form of a Bavarian political movement from the 1930's, but just using different racial maxims.

It is the left’s turn now. It is a merry go round-you have to be off it to see it.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thankfully Dems normalized all the nonsensical reasons for not confirming a justice with their breathless and ultimately failed efforts to derail all three of Trump’s appointments

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Indeed! Who would have thought defending slavery and rebellion was such an unpopular position 😁

Funny part is how they almost switched the narrative to trick people into believing Republicans were the South and not the party of Abraham Lincoln

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Thankfully Dems normalized all the nonsensical reasons for not confirming a justice with their breathless and ultimately failed efforts to derail all three of Trump’s appointments

Only question is whether we decide to publicly abuse a mental patient in the process...

Nah, that's a democrat thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
How much time before the midterms? It is typically not a short process.

Traditionally, it is a short process. Typically the Senate just rubber stamps the President's pick. That all changed when the GOP decided to politicize Supreme Court nominations under Obama..
edit on 1/26/2022 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There are those who believe that Harris will step down as VP and fill the seat. Se has been a PR nightmare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join