It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe Siddhartha Gautama became a "Buddha" / achieved enlightenment?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

Hum, wasn't Siddhartha Gautama a woman?

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Shiva is the one that will play the gender switch game but also expect the same in return... all I have seen of that is it really makes for some ugly women.

Best not to fall for it or play that game... but not my choice if you so choose, just healthy advice.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

You seem to be under the impression that enlightenment results from religion and/or spiritual practices. I don't think that's the case. I see religion/spiritual practices as a precursor that makes us more receptive to change. That change will only occur if we have the single desire to awaken from the dream of maya. Look at all the different religions. They all have people that have reached hightened spiritual potential. Yet all those words, all those beliefs, all those practices they follow are different. The only one thing that is not different is their unquestionable desire to return to deathless, God, Jesus, Allah, YHWH etc.

In the timeless void of the deathless, does not the true self already exists in an enlightened state. When our true self wants to experience something could it not create the reality and make us step into it. When that true self has experienced all it wants to experience will it not call us home. A calling that may be subtle at first but louder as it becomes more imperative. We all will eventually awaken to that state.

Until then, breath in the now. Let tomorrow take care of itself.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

The Tartar is a layer of food in the human past it is a fatty layer it's range changes in different part of this earth... that's reality the tartar is made up... eating it as food and using it as things has varied over time. It's for the most part white but goes to yellowish to brown and then peats then shoals.

In the Bible(book) it is known as the land of Sheol. I'm a bible illiterate even though I know how to read... I just do not like the romance language it tries to get people to read in with the thous & the's etc. as it is accusatory in nature or an argument. Making it filled with nothing but unknowing or the unknown that people should know should remember but forget due to the arguing and then go back to it and the argument resumes.

Why romance? Ask Muslims when they figured this scheme out and then banned the book from everyone except for initiates into their religion.

When they hear le and les the them the excuse is those people need education. Then the argument is thou shalt not. or rocking the boat or rolling the stone away.

Who's circular door is closed when they said they "rolled" the lights door away? Eclipse is the only from on a large scale of "rolling the door away"

Why bother with those arguments that only dodge the truth keep people fighting use a lie to get a rock and a roll? The fish was speared not stoned. Stoning was for the first sin that they got annoyed at... the second stone was towards the larger stone or moon. As above so below is their secret and most of society is blind to it.

The age of enlightenment was a renaissance the "Golden Age" of Philosophy when all Philosophers chose Copernicus to argue a conch out of it's shell just to stick a lobster in it and call it a Hermitage. That is the secret Rite of the Hermetic Order that even the Golden Dawn was made to be kept ignorant of.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

SHIVA is an idol of a devil.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The number 144,000 appears three times in the Book of Revelation. 144,000 lotus petals in the chakra's represents the full power of conciousness/reality. So I can only assume that the writers of eastern scripture wrote those books to try overcome the intellect in eastern cultures rich in materilism. Hiding a greater truth behind the mundane, as a test to overcome, to empower the physche which represents both "mind" and "soul" in greek. Simpler minds (less is more) like ours don't need those words. Each to their own.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Shiva is part of the Hindu trinity, Brahma is the creator, Vishnu the preserver and Shiva the destroyer. Shiva is more popular in hinduism than the creator because hinduism see's all of creation as an illussion (maya) that stands between us and the truth. The creator is therefore seen as working for the ego whereas the destroyer of the illussion "shiva" is seen as working against the ego.

Althought Christianity doesn't recognize Gospel of Thomas as beeing authentic, no-one can say the following words did not come from Jesus mouth....

"Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the earth. But they do not know that I have come to cast dissension upon the earth: fire, sword, war. For there will be five in one house: there will be three against two and two against three, father against son and son against father. And they will stand as solitary ones.”

Those words imply that Jesus represented the aspect of Shiva.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

ever notice lots of these religions have trinities that would only be to make Christian and Judaic Religious doctrines appear to be copied from them but in reality they are the forgers of false trinities to take deity away from one True God, God the Father, the Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one.

SHIVA LIKE HER FALSE TRINITY ARE DEVILS.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If that be the case why did Aristotle say 350 years before birth of Jesus: “Jews are derived from the Indian philosophers; they are named by the Indians Calami, and by the Syrians Judaei, and took their name from the country they inhabit, which is called Judea.”.

Abraham versus Brahma
Abraham wife/sister Sarah versus Brahma wife/sister Saraswati.
Hagar versus ghagger etc.

Judiasm/Christianity reflects Hinduism/Buddhism.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnIf the "Devil" keeps "Shiva" as an "Idol" then he or she respects "Shiva's" teachings. Same way with Catholics keep a cross with Christ on it respecting his teaching when they didn't previously and Christians don't fearing the cross? They idolize it.

The same way Buddhists keep a Buddha respecting him knowing get gave them the way. Homage to the Buddha Dharma and Sangha is "becoming" the cross for him so he can either use it avoid it or teach them better in debate in future rebirths insteado transmigration or easy transmigration to do what he needs to do. The rules and precepts are to keep his body speech and mind faultless when it is required.

Even though his path is the way out of that rebirth transmigration and etc still occurs by deeds of body, deeds of speech and deeds of mind that are skillful or unskillful compassion means letting it slide or not... like ok snake you've eaten aggs once and you let them go... then ok snake you've eaten eggs twice and let them go the third time snake watches you eating the egg and not knowing self from other either does the same compassion or great compassion teaches you a lesson and chops off your head and worships the chicken as a secret snake being the rooster the whole time.

Christ was more like the only chicken in a valley of foxes and snakes... in such a case Jews would point to the sun or moon as that's the only light having followed a star out of our suffering until this is good enough and far enough away from the suffering by those others not living in accordance to our ways.

Wisdom knows the snake the farmer the fox and the chickens; calmness goes through the entire cycle of being all of those and considers the elements of contact the only things that become pure and impure in the eyes of living things in the great cycle the "blind" apply the same thing to each other.

Zen trying to convert Buddhist masters they only refer to Christ as a great man and nothing more when others are full of light for someone having robbed him of it ignorantly or not.

Of course the mind when uncontrolled does far worse than any might ever do to oneself... so guarding the senses the near enemy wants your food(daily bread) or he or she wouldn't be there the far enemy is the one waiting to share your food. Why those two do not have food other than poison? Who knows where those two corpses came from dragging each other?

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Front three three rear three is the only "math" a "boy" gave in what is called Manjushri's cave. In commentary the guy saving "himself" said it referred to the "senses" as in good or bad right or wrong in greed for extremes of only good smells only bad smells etc. in merit or demerit of "a great man".

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Interesting, thank you Crowfoot.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 12:06 AM
link   

All in all I have the suspicion this thread is a trap of the Nirodha Samapatti kind. Also in the "belief" department and "faith" aisle or your friendly neighborhood tar baby(monkey trap) with a hunter looking to skewer.

Not Buddhism the aghoa and aghori Zen call them the "birds" of appetite.... "Bon" supports them in Tibetan "Sky" burials. Soif they are supporting the Agora/Aghori by feeding humans to humans even though they are heading to preta? Then how can Bon ever be considered "Buddhist:?

A bhikkhu is a bhikkhu ia bhikkhu is a bhikkhu is a bhikkhu...

I don't care what anyone says otherwise be they strotapana, be they sakagami, be they Anagami, or be they Arhat.

Bodhisattva is delusion they say Anagami even when one is an Arhat when a bhikkhu isn't from rich or famous or both? A bhikkhu has ceased to exist and they are the "Demon" in the bhavana.

Number one they say oh as a "bodhisattva" it's putting off "enlightenment" Bodhi means enlightened and sativa or sattvic? Means being.

If we think of Bhikkhu Bodhi saying mind like a fire gone out? He is referring to the "house holder" that is ordained or vowed but does not practice the path or basically if they are a Mahayanist then failed to say their three refuges at least once a day.

There is one person from the shakayan clan that went to go follow The Buddha and asked for ordination; The Buddha knew the person was a homosexual that was the ONLY person he would not give either give robe or bowl or allow ordination into the order.

Abuse of clear seeing? Happens A lot Samagama sutta is a discourse in "a hell" that explains why blindness occurs but it is a one on one teaching... when the person has abused clear seeing, then they abuse others using the other senses for their own purposes having lost that due to abuse of it... The Amoghasiddhi Buddha is supposed to deal with all of those according to his vow on his attainment of Buddhahood(Arhat). The same goes with Clear hearing or any abuse of the irriddi... as to one's own benefit as they are only falling back continuously for who knows how long until such abuse quits or is brought to and end as it only keeps spreading greed hate by the use of delusions from false speech.

Ramanis is Caste at one extreme Jainism is Caste at the other extreme BUddha is neither even though they tried and still try to add him he is neither either the middle way or tathagata. Those on the path or middle way he is Buddha in Caste or class or race. But having gone beyond Buddha in parinirvana? He is Tathagata in the Diamond sutra there is a passage that says "he who sees me he who hears me? Is off the path... They jumped over nirvana right into death and into nirodha samapatti. Fortunately, the bardos can be experienced but when one realises fall down seven get up eight(a Ch'an koan) They are already across as an Arhat nothing further for any world not of the eye the ear etc that anyone could take hold of other than their own attachments or delusions.

He had the same issue from Ramaism and Jainism giving up both? He found the way as those two paths were constantly hunting him and killing him through transmigration etc. So when he says a good brahmin? It means a good person to be equivalent to a god at his father's house in heaven or a paradise. He was there once before in an incarnation and didn't know his father had died but it wasn't a paradise. So he took hi down to the water to see his age like a mirror after being served a bowl of maggots that everyone thought was rice in clear seeing not having stained his eye he saw them clearly.

The do not eat list as I am aware of it for a world not to be destroyed? Is do not at human, do not eat snake, do not eat cats. Unknowingly or knowingly like with the rice such a thing goes on. In those with their eyes stained etc.? or teaching their own path? Such things are not known and used as an excuse but it is a sure sign one is off the path of Gautama Buddha... even as an Arhat one still remains a disciple out of respect in He who honors me most teaches the path.

Why? It allows more people freedom... people have assumed that as "bodhisatta" but it has been taught all wrong... since the schism(s) the path but yet thanks to arhats and the buddha and the tathagatas it hasn't. So what is a tathagata? One that has attained parinibbana. Or put the fire out of one's becoming. "loving kindness" is the excuse to further becoming and abuse instead of remaining on the path. Once I used such a thing in ignorance playing around after transmigration ended. Thankfully on the path when jumping across a river and slipped I came face to face with a snake it reared back to strike and in my mind I thought of the image I just saw as I closed my eyes and saw the image then of a really large snake then opened my eyes and away it went. So abuse is the "fox demon" not all kitsunes are such a thing. BUt in the case of that moment? A kitsune I was... as such willful transformation is the honest term for what it is.

Having been around foxes or in America the term is wolves, raccoons etc the "trickster" as natives have called them? How father? How mother? and of course the blind person has ceased to exist. Such a thing was known however... so consider it or not.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I have fell backwards as well Crowfoot. I did not know it as the bardos, but a void of nothingness that I entered a few times in deep meditation. That also resulted in some type of transformation. Whereas other people's thoughts started to appear in my conciousness. When I fell. It was not seven, but seventeen steps backwards. So I am using certain practices in Bodhicitta to try correct an aspect of my ego that I feel needs correcting. I am not practising Bodhicitta as an alternative path to Buddha's teachings.

Is it not the "knowing" that is the fire that barricades the bardos from our conciousness??? When that fire is quenched could not the bardos flow into our conciousness. Breaking down the barriers of seperation between our conciousness and all other sentient beings. So what manifested from the bardos is that which had to appear to force the snake to retreat. It is what it is. Nothing more.

Thank you for sharing, I found your insight very helpful.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

OT scriptures Solomon wrote were already around at that time. They got it all from Solomon.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   

There is that possibility, yes. However, vedic literature tells of a once great Saraswati river which was thought to have come from the imagination until science found and estimated the size of the old riverbed as being some 1500km long and 3-15 km wide. That river dried up some 5000 years ago. The ghagar, a tributary of the Saraswati, also drying up at the same time. All in Abrahams timeline.

Abraham is said to have come from Haran (Genesis 12:4). Haran is thought to be in Turkey, But Haran is also a province in India close to the Tibetan mountains. With Kashmiri being a major town in that province. That town has a valley called Bagh-I-Suleman (Garden of Solomon) and many other similarities with names throughout Jewish history.

If it is all a co-incidence its a strikingly amazing co-incidence. But in reality, what does it matter to the ethnicity of the people involved. Clearly Abraham wasn't born a Jew. He fathered judiasm.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The fire is the Southern School. "Our" is that delusion of oneness the Southern school wants to teach what is perceived as the Northern School.

In the cannon there is no "Bodhi" carevic is different classes of and for and by beings if vegetarian in not ''seeing" clearly it is like living in all pervasive space no plants or a spaceship also no plants just the bare requirements as one's weight is is in stasis "you" in that situation is a teacher that they wished for otherwise not there so guess what ignorant of that? You are some "plant" like the one someone is holding up in the Phatos disc. then one crosses the bridge of light or bardo lights and provide it.

Same when eating animals.. in reverse on an inhabited world I mentioned which one's not to eat to perpetuate "The path".

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

All is one may seem absurd from a material viewpoint. All is not one may seem absurd from a spiritual viewpoint. If I am not mistaken the middle way is the binding of both into one. So one is neither all, nor single. But exist as both in the duality of our being.

Would you agree with that?

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Abraham came from UR of Chaldea, Haran was later where his father died read Genesis 12. Proof of Abram's travels to Haran in Southern Turkey is already proven a fact, a city bearing that name was discovered in Southern Turkey.

There is no coincidence you are wrong and that is all there is.

posted on Jan, 5 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Animal
Vegetable
Mineral

Are the three worlds... beyond that; Is the same as before that.

When all things are returnable to one? Too what is the one returnable to?

Having grasped a thicket of views that are: Not self and also Impermanent? One can and will ALWAYS experience the four noble truths without fail.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join