It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 8.7 Earthquake in Indonesia, Thousands Feared Dead

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Icarus Rising

No, I'm not pulling your leg. I still don't understand what you're tring to say. Forget about substituting words, I'm just reading what you wrote. It's too late in the day for riddles my friend. Is the devil in my mind because I twisted the meaning, or because you did?????

Peace

TPL

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Interesting that these major Earthquakes happen around times of celebrating the birth and ressurection of Christ (Bam 26th Dec '03, Sout-east Asia 26th Dec '04 and 28 Mar '05).

Probably strange coincidences but still...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Not again...

An 8.7 earthquake, that is about half as strong as the 9.0 that hit on Boxing day. Any word if this one generated tsunami(s) in the region? If so, I really hope the warnings get out properly this time; so many died needlessly last December just because people weren't/couldn't be warned. I have a friend of mine who is currently vacationing in Thailand, a fellow ATSer, raven2012, I'm going to see if I can get ahold of him and find out more about what's going on here.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Icarus Rising

No, I'm not pulling your leg. I still don't understand what you're tring to say. Forget about substituting words, I'm just reading what you wrote. It's too late in the day for riddles my friend. Is the devil in my mind because I twisted the meaning, or because you did?????

Peace

Icarus is hoping for salvation for those in the path. You misread the meaning behind the quote.

Very strange indeed that these earthquakes happen on these days. By the way, did these British people that predicted the earthquake two weeks ago predict any for any other places?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Dr. Love,

Of course the devil twisted the meaning between us, not in your mind or mine, but in the communication between us. We both want people safely out of the path of destruction, just you didn't read my statement the way I intended it. I already said it was open to a negative interpretation, and explained my intent.

and may peace also be with you.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There are a lot of after shocks going on. Several in the 5.x to 6.x range. I would assume that the aftershocks could be just as dangerous, as far as loss of life goes as the original quake(s).

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott
Day after Christmas, now day after Easter - the day after, when the bill comes, is too late

OR, These are related to moon phases and Tidal energies.
Full moon on Dec 26th, 2004, and just past full on March 28th.
What else can exert large amounts of force over the surface of the Earth?

Here is a pretty cool Moon phase Calendar generator.

Moon Phases

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
296 dead on one island

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050328/ap_on_re_as/indonesia_earthquake&sid=84439559

296 Dead in Indonesia Quake, Official Says

Indonesia - A major 8.7 earthquake struck late Monday off the west coast of Indonesia, and a local government official said 296 people were killed in collapsed buildings on one island. Thousands panicked in countries across the Indian Ocean as tsunami warnings were posted.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Australia's bureau of meteorology said a 25cm tsunami had already hit Australia's remote Cocos Island and bigger tidal surges were expected to strike Australia's west coast.

Australia's bureau of meteorology initially reported that the tsunami measured just 10cm at Cocos Island, located in the deep waters of the Indian Ocean south of Sumatra, but later upgraded that to 25cm.

"That's fairly big for the deep ocean," Mr Cummins said of the wave which hit Cocos, adding that an alert had been issued for a one metre surge expected to hit the Western Australia coast.

What about Africa? Hope they´re ready for it...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wow....just heard about this.....barely got off of work....

Would like to state my very positive impression of ATS......by far the most comprehensive coverage I could hope for.....we got more angles and more facts than anywhere else........the reason why I continue to login.......way up, guys

That said......I want to post the message verbatim contained in my CNN Breaking News Alert.....

Source: CNN
-- U.S. agency urges evacuations along coasts of countries on Indian Ocean due to tsunami fears after 8.2 earthquake.

My comment is to this effect.......remember the discussions accusing the U.S. of having a heads up on the Christmas tsunami and the negative feedback they recieved for not warning anyone.....it was the news within the news.....

Well, they wasted no time this go around and the media is right there with them......the alert doesn't tell me that there was an earthquake.......it tells me the U.S. is all about warning for tsunami's resulting from the quake......spin at it's best.........just thought I'd include this.....It's relevant in a conspiracy forum........

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Is it unusual for a quake to last 3 minutes? My layman's impression was that most quakes only lasted a few seconds.

I am by means an expert. I think it depends on how deep it is. The deeper the longer it can go.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
One thing to notice the TIMING of the today's earthquake:

11:09 am here (4:09 or 16:09 in Indonesia's time).

11 (0) 9 is reversed as 9 (0) 11.

Coincidence????

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo

Coincidence????

4:09 you said?

I see the conspiracy now... www.formula409.com...

Coincidence?

I never did trust Clorox much...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo

Coincidence????

Yeah, coincidence. Numerology is fun to play with, you can make anything you want out of it. You could even break it down further and come up with a 2. Which if you are a catholic, could represent the second of the holy trinity, "the son".

But that also has nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
Interesting that these major Earthquakes happen around times of celebrating the birth and ressurection of Christ (Bam 26th Dec '03, Sout-east Asia 26th Dec '04 and 28 Mar '05).

Probably strange coincidences but still...

yep, probably a coincidence, but one that makes a person think.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Gosh this is bad news The Vice president of Indonisa has said that

News being reported that Vice president of Indonisa says that between 1000 to 2000 dead!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just a quick heads up...I didn't know this until recently but an increase in quake magnitude by 1 digit (i.e. 5 to 6) means that a magnitude 6 quake is 10 times as powerful as a 5 quake. If the number increased from 5 to 7 then the quake would be 100 times more powerfull than the magnitude 5 quake. Magnitude increases by powers of ten.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The Australian - Up to 2000 feared dead in Nias

March 29, 2005
INDONESIAN Vice-President Jusuf Kalla says between 1000 and 2000 people were likely killed on the island of Nias after today's earthquake off Sumatra.

More to follow shortly

That´s all it says. For now...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Skynews are also now reporting

REPORTS - THOUSANDS DEAD

A massive earthquake in the sea off Indonesia is believed to have killed up to 2,000 people.

Hundreds of houses on the remote island of Nias - 125 miles west of Sumatra - are believed to have collapsed.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
A 8.7 magnitude earthquake is well enough to reproduce that tsunami killing hundreds of thousands on Christmas... so I guess, that fear will rise even higher.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join