It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST for Sep-Oct 2021 --LEGENDS OF THE FALL-- LF2021 --WINNERS NAMED

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is an Official ATS Short Story Writers Contest!

It is open to ALL members of ATS.

This area is a safe place for our 'mighty fine creative minds' to gather. If you'd like to participate, know that the Terms and Conditions of your membership are strongly enforced. You are not in the Mud-Pit. Profanity, Political baiting, Personal attacks, are not allowed or welcomed at all. Want to talk about something else? Then go to the other forums here at ATS. We only discuss the stories in here written by YOU, the membership.

Your Entry Has to be Original & posted in it's own thread HERE in the Short Stories forum,. Then in this contest thread, create a post with a link to your story. If you need any help with Spelling or Grammar-checking, Word-Counting, and more please visit; Writer Tools; Spell Check and More

Your Story Should be written and edited with proper paragraphs. We have noticed that stories copy & pasted from 'mobile devices' might lose their formatting. Please review how it looks on the ATS Thread and add the proper editing (as you have only about 20 minutes to make edits/corrections). This is a contest, no one wants to read a solid block of words.

"The END" needs to be at the bottom of your story, it wont add to the wordcount.

You will be awarded "Writer" Status if you win 1st or 2nd in the non-writer category, please add in your title 'non-writer'.

The contest will run from NOW to Monday, October 18, 2021. Any submissions after that date will be disqualified. A period of ONE WEEK after the closing of the contest will be provided for reading & voting.

Contest Winners get to choose the next Contest Theme. This contest theme is courtesy of our last winner AccessDenied, and is entitled; "LEGENDS OF THE FALL" [LF2021]

Legends of the Fall... what images does this conjure up for you. "Fall" can be interpreted in the way of the season or of say, the fall of an empire or civilization. It can be nature, history, paranormal, whatever strikes your fancy. HOW you perceive that "FALL" is... of course, entirely up to YOU!

RULES OF ENTRY (are simple)

* Entries MUST include -LF2021- in your Stories title. ( e.g. When I think of Fall - LF2021 - non-writer )
* No word-count limit (in this Current contest), but remember it is a 'SHORT STORY' Contest. Stories that run past the OP are accepted but no points given for additional posts.
* You need to post a link to your story here in this contest thread so others know that you made up an entry.
* You must stay within the Terms and Conditions (please read)

WINNERS and SCORING

ATS "Writer" status, prizes as follows:
1st -- 5 Applause, and gets to choose the next contest theme (Repeat winners can choose to pass to another for the theme of a future contest).
2nd -- 3 Applause
3rd -- 1 Applause

non-writer will receive the following:
1st Place -- 3 Applause & Writer Status
2nd Place -- 2 Applause & Writer Status
3rd Place -- 1 Applause

How the Contestants get points to win all depends on you! You can give FLAGS to your favorite story and add STARS to your favorite stories opening post.

We then tally up the scores of 'Flags' (worth 2 points each). And 'Stars' in the opening post (worth 1 point each)

And that's it! Got a question? We're happy to try and answer anything about the
contests/rules etc. But ENJOY this new contest, GOOD LUCK, HAPPY READING and HAVE FUN!

Note: New OP contest format, image selection and artwork thanks to JohnnyAnonymous.

edit on Tue Sep 28 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on Thu Oct 28 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Nov 27 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

edit on 9/19/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hmmm...Lots of possibility here. Very open topic indeed. I could revisit an old character or develop something new....and honestly leaning towards something new.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Ive been thinking about how im gonna write the next time the competition came along.
Im going with a full on Irish theme.
Yizzar gon read somethin' wi' a heavy Dublin brogue..
edit on 20/9/21 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Just stopping in to say, I've seen some awe-inspiring talent over the years here at ATS. I'm expecting to see more this time around. Pretty good topic, if anyone asks me. So...

GOOD LUCK

CONTESTANTS!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   

edit on 9/20/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Must be a lot of secretive thinking/writing going on. Since not many have chimed in just for acknowledgment.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The Muse goes where the Muse chooses to go, when the Muse chooses to go there.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I honestly hope I didn't pick a theme that was uninspiring. ..

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Stop talking like that! I have had problems with my hands and
that is one of the reasons why I didn't submit a story the last
time.My hands are doing better and I am already planning a
story in my head now.Right now I am busy cleaning out closets.
Remember...always think positively,more stories will be coming
soon.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Stop talking like that! I have had problems with my hands and
that is one of the reasons why I didn't submit a story the last
time.My hands are doing better and I am already planning a
story in my head now.Right now I am busy cleaning out closets.
Remember...always think positively,more stories will be coming
soon.

No worries Mama. Glad you are on the mend. 👍

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

No! Just the opposite! I read that and my mind went reeling and roiling and God only knows what macabre tale of dastardly evile will result. And....................... it's all YOUR fault! bwahahahahahhaaaaaaa

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Just read it... Who knew you were so well versed?

You constantly amaze me 'Dougie Doug'!

Johnny

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

OK, Johnny... we need to get something straight. I wear a size 7 Stetson that cost me about $600. If you swell my head too much, you're going to owe me a new hat.

Besides, I think there's plenty of people around here who can put my feeble skills to shame.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yay! I love story time! Thank you.
Here is mine:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 03:06 AM
link   

en contrary... that topic is a rollercoaster of ideas.

Thanks...

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 04:15 AM
link   
My entry

I've posted this before, but very few people saw it. I hope it is OK posting it for this competition

It is literally about the fall of a city and its people, so it was too perfect not to enter it

Princess And The Dragon

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Wow...I have some reading, and writing to do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join