It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Arrested For Preaching The Bible in London UK

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: alldaylong

I don't mind being on the loosing side.

Do you know what is actually ironic ?

My everyday life is probably no different from yours.

Funny really.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Stood up, or have you so soon forgotten the gathering in dc recently?

So what 'rights' were YOU standing up to there?
What did YOU do?

To the jeers of you who gave up much of your rights

Jeers?
I think not.
I just watched on with a mixture of bewilderment and much hilarity.

You lot are the muppets, with the governments hands up your arses,....

Please elaborate.

...yapping their talking points,

I refer the 'honourable gentleman' to the answer I gave earlier.

....and allowing religious men to be imprisoned for their beliefs.

Told you before, there's people the length and breadth of Britain out preaching their own personal interpretations of scripture quite freely.
I was in town earlier today and one of the local 'preachers' I spoke of in an earlier post was there on his soapbox broadcasting his own personal evangelistic message of doom and gloom and how we are all going to burn for eternity in the bowels of hell.
It was just a shame that the happy clapper wasn't there as it really can be quite humorous watching them try to out do each other.

No sign of the police.

One isolated case, bad as it is, is NOT representative of the UK as a whole.

What a disgrace.

People in glass houses and all that Mr Shooter man.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Oldcarpy2
I have some Macallan 18, but it's for special occasions.
Guess today could be special.

Every day is special!

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Hope "they" don't come for you for your words or expressing what you believe.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I disagree.
No spotted dick, jellied eels, heroin, or soccer here.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I disagree.

Just think of what you are missing.

We are the lucky ones.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I disagree.

No heroin? No soccer? Yes you do.

Jellied eels - disgusting. Spotted Dick and custard? Luvverly.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I disagree.

Pie and mash?

You haven't lived.

Never forgive you lot for Dick Van Dyke's atrocious Cockney accent in Mary Poppins, mind.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Lol
Like you all don't sound like dick, govna?

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Lol

Still not detecting any sign of humour, Captain.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Lol

Cor blimey, guv! Leave it out, sunshine?

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

So the brits really don't care about freedom?
Or freedom is just not important to them?

You have to ask them that.

And yes, people can fight without guns, they can use other tools to fight. It just makes it harder.

There is more than one way of fighting.

How many tyrannical governments have been overthrown with information?

All, as information is what makes people aware that they are living under a tyrannical government.

Maybe you don't know but Portugal had the longest dictatorship of Europe, and one of the reasons it lasted so long was that they controlled all the information (obviously), one big friend of the dictator, the then Lisbon Cardinal, said that people should only know how to sign their name, as it was dangerous if they knew how to read the titles in the newspapers.

The people not having enough information is what allows the wannabe tyrants getting to power and what keeps them there.

In the same way, is the spreading of information of how things really are that leads to the end of tyrannies. For example, during the Portuguese dictatorship things like bread and milk were subsidise so they could be cheap while all publications, movies, plays, etc. were reviewed by the censorship bureau of the political police. For most people, not having access to information, life was simple and they didn't believe the few stories they heard about how bad the government was, usually answering "they never did anything against me", implying that when someone was arrested it was for a good reason (my father was once arrested on suspicion of having forbidden books in his possession).

For some thousands of men, information only got to them when they went to the war, as most colonies (Angola, Mozambique and Guinea Bissau) were fighting for independence, and there were informed of the real situation by some of the "subversive" that were in the army.

After several years of war, with the information spread throughout the armed forces (mostly by the Communist Party), a group of captains decided to end the regime and organised a revolution. On the morning of April 25th 1974, small groups of troops took the chosen positions to block access to the main government centres and took control of TV and radio stations (we only had one TV station at the time, naturally, and all national radios were either owned by the state or by the Catholic Church) and told the people to stay at home. Large numbers of people refused to obey the orders and ran to the streets to thank and greet the soldiers, and one woman had the idea of giving carnations to the soldiers, from where the revolution got its name of "Carnation Revolution".

Without information they wouldn't have been able to overthrow the dictatorship and install a democracy (after a couple of counter-revolution attempts, one from the right and one from the Communists).

You may say that the soldiers, obviously, had guns, but so shots was fired by them (except when they were shot at when trying to get to the headquarters of the political police), as even the soldiers that were loyal to the regime were informed of what was happening and decided to join the revolution or do nothing.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
And without the mentioned soldiers and THEIR GUNS
what would have happened?

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Alien Abduct

.... like you whimps.

The British 'whimps' (sic)?

And therein lies your ignorance for all to behold.

And what have YOU done except act the big man and clever #er from behind a monitor?

Muppet.

What do you expect me to be doing about YOU letting YOUR rights be taken? You want us Americans to bail you Brits out once more?

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

denied his constitutional rights to free speech and free exercise of religion.

Did you read the part where it says he has constitutional rights to free speech? You see, Brits don't even have that right in the first place lmao

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Pie?

No pie for me thanks.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   

What do you expect me to be doing about YOU letting YOUR rights be taken?

Comprehension not amongst your strong points then?

What have you done in defence of anything, anywhere....particularly your own country except try to act the big man from behind a computer monitor?

You want us Americans to bail you Brits out once more?

Next time will be the first time mate.
You really should read up on REAL history and not the Hollywood version of events you are spoon fed.

If you can't find any sources not from Hollywood, MSM and other US propaganda machines please let me know and I'll gladly supply you with some and help educate you.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

What have you done in defence of anything, anywhere....particularly your own country except try to act the big man from behind a computer monitor?

This thread isn't about my personal life, as much as you would like it to be. You can try and attack me personally but it won't change the FACT that you guys have given up your rights to free speech.

Have a good day!

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:21 AM
link   

In other words....NOTHING.

A big fat zero, biff, nada, zilch......absolutely ball all.

Ha ha ha ha.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

denied his constitutional rights to free speech and free exercise of religion.

Did you read the part where it says he has constitutional rights to free speech? You see, Brits don't even have that right in the first place lmao

You know nothing.

Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers

www.legislation.gov.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join