It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas governor repeals mask requirement and OKs businesses to operate at 100 percent capacity

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Like you I see anecdotal evidence, for instance I have recently discovered juniper pollen will be the death of me.

When wearing the mask I am coughing non-stop, when I am free of the damn thing my breathing is much more normal even without medicine to help with allergies.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
16 states do not have mask mandates, soo why is Texas such a big deal, I guess because they have a border and now with China biden opening borders this means covid infected illegals coming into the US.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

There seems to be this aversion among many to anecdotal evidence. The truth is that anecdotal evidence is still evidence. Just because something happens outside of a laboratory under the watchful eye of designated "experts" it does not follow that it never happened.

I strongly suspect that those who try to discount all anecdotal evidence are doing so simply because they like the official narrative, not over any deeply held "scientific" principles.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Now if we can get Kay Ivey to listen to reason...

TheRedneck

apnews.com...

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Breaking with other Southern GOP governors, Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey extended her state’s mask order for another month Thursday but said the requirement will end for good in April.

The move came a day after President Joe Biden slammed the governors of Texas and Mississippi for deciding to lift their mask mandates, saying their actions reflect “Neanderthal thinking.”

Ivey has faced political pressure to lift the mask order like her Republican counterparts but said she will follow the recommendations of medical officials and keep the mandate that was set to expire Friday in place until April 9.

“We need to get past Easter and hopefully allow more Alabamians to get their first shot before we take a step some other states have taken to remove the mask order altogether and lift other restrictions. Folks, we are not there yet, but goodness knows we’re getting closer,” Ivey said at a news conference.

Well, looks like getting her to listen to reason is about as productive as trying to get a rooster to lay an egg.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Bend over please, China Bei din and Saucy Faucy know what is best for you, get that darn shot of no mask lifting.

edit on 5-3-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Her butt is gone come election day. At least local elections here still mean something.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I guess I forget that our governor never issued a mask mandate. He left it up to local officials, so the mask mandates here are all local, and I keep waiting for them to be rolled back. But our local health czar is a complete germophobe, so we'll be stuck like this forever.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
16 states do not have mask mandates, soo why is Texas such a big deal, I guess because they have a border and now with China biden opening borders this means covid infected illegals coming into the US.

That is exactly what is happening.

108 illegal immigrants in Texas who tested positive for COVID reportedly released.
nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I guess I forget that our governor never issued a mask mandate. He left it up to local officials, so the mask mandates here are all local, and I keep waiting for them to be rolled back. But our local health czar is a complete germophobe, so we'll be stuck like this forever.

I've been doing a bit of research regarding Covid funding locally. It turns out there is mucho dinero for country and local governments too. It's like a slush fund, discretionary spending and such for the locals. Pure corruption, and the mask part is just for prudes into superstition.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Texas officially removes Covid-19 population oppression rules today!

Mask burning celebration tonight, hosted by Texas Legend Steakhouse.

Story: www.kbtx.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The rural Texas county I live in has many people who won't wear a mask. Only 20k population but twice the rate of covid as Harris county.

Darwin is hard at work out here with the no mask team.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

What evidence do you have that masks prevent the airborne transmission of virus?

If in Texas they are using the PCR tests in Texas, which they likely are, the numbers are virtually meaningless. Bad data. Garbage in = garbage out.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The rural Texas county I live in has many people who won't wear a mask. Only 20k population but twice the rate of covid as Harris county.

So, how many rural locals to you have kicked off from it?

Betcha under 100. That's a 1 dead (or less) per 200, BTW, it's NOT a big deal of a number.
edit on 3/11/2021 by Nyiah because: clarity counts

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 3/11/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

How many are dying? That is the measurement that we were told, a year ago, that matters. In fact, the vaccine doesn't even prevent you from getting sick....it just keeps you from getting the worst symptoms.

So how does this fit into your snide thoughts about your neighbors? Once vaccinated, the rate of infection no longer matters? We were never told it mattered, other than from people who do not understand that the fight was against ICU bed availability, not the majority who would get it and have few, if any, symptoms.

Man...i have no faith in the future of our species. Mostly because of this nonsense. Its like no one thinks about what is actually being said....they just use the opportunity to take political jabs at people.
edit on 3/11/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Nice, America in general has 20% of the worlds deaths and only 5% of the world population..I guess that is..winning?

Anyway, I'm sure having a mask is better than no mask..to what degree, or if it's consequential..who knows. For the vast majority who get this, not a big deal, for a minority, it's bad.

Our numbers seen to hang at 500 cases a day, give or take, we have masks and restrictions since November. Everybody is pretty tired, the only #s I want to hear are hospitalisations.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Lets evaluate what was classified as a COVID death. Prior to making any assumptions on the data set, i need to understand that the individual datasets were calibrated to begin with. I mean, it would render it all useless if one nation was calling it a COVID death if someone never tested positive for COVID, and other nations were not.

By the way, any comments on why the flu rate bottomed out? Is it because of super effective mask wearing? Then why did COVID spike while the flu bottomed out? There are questions I have that i never seem to get answered. But as a data analyst, that pesky R2 problem is not going away.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Sorry, I have to jet, will respond when I get back

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan any comments on why the flu rate bottomed out?

because it was re-branded as covid-19. one big lie.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The data trails on all this stuff are so, so bad.

There was a window where things like excess deaths might have been relevant, but we have changed the norm so drastically that that is no longer true. Obviously, we werent even doing that, instead focusing on case numbers that are the results of garbage tests.

Hell, we even compare case numbers (or deaths, early on) directly region vs region. I didnt see anyone comparing specific regions to their own historical norms, then comparing that against other regions. Meaning, we would find the range of "normal" in specific areas for the past few decades (or longer), then compare that. So, a region like Sweden would be examined to see if they were outside the normal range of deaths for that region, and then compare that data with elsewhere.

However, once we mix in the drastic changes across the board.. This becomes very, very difficult to attribute directly to a single virus.

Its very skillfully weaponized myopism.

On top of that, many seem to have overlooked that many regions emergency medical apparatuses (apparati?) are designed to operate at near max capacity. Our approach has weakened our medical system in the US, and forced many to clutch onto funding where they can get it..

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join