It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 is absolutely a seasonal virus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

Apart from the ridiculous pathetic political comment (what has this got to do with politics?), what are you talking about? Wearing a mask is primarily to keep other people safe. Where did I say otherwise in either post or contradict myself? What I said was if you are infected and don't wear a mask but I am (currently) uninfected but am wearing a mask, then it's possible you will infect me.

That is actually the science.

That is consistent in both posts. Didn't you want it to be to somehow prove a point?
edit on 9-2-2021 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I can see how wearing a mask would reduce the aerosols you may cough or sneeze out, but it is well proven that the majority of flu infections occur by transmission through the hands.

Get sick, cough in your hands, and start grabbing door handles and you will infect a whole office building of hundreds of people. Just walking into a building sick without a mask isn't the best or most efficient way to spread a virus.

I know this for a fact, I tested it in the 80s when they were debating hand transmission as the main route of infection. Got a whole dept sick by purposely coughing in my hand before opening doors in the building, and it was one hell of a flu bug I had that year. I infected hundreds that way, lucky no one died that I know of, pretty stupid, but I was young and dumb and wanted to test the "science" at the time, they were right, cough in your inside elbow, not your hand.

ETA: Kind of looks like I have had Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD) for some 30+ years it seems.

Yes, you are correct about the flu virus. However, you can’t just assume that the COVID19 virus behaves the same way. Maybe all viruses look alike to you (since they’re too small to see anyway) but they are actually different critters.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Again there is also the implicit assumption to that those of us who question the efficacy of masks to do much of anything never wear them.

Some of us have to, so we do because we don't want to create problems for the small business owners we patronize among others. The mask police will shut them down if they get reported, and there are things we like to do where we can't not wear them if we want to take part.

But none of that changes our feelings that we aren't doing anything more than putting a piece of cloth over our face.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Again there is also the implicit assumption to that those of us who question the efficacy of masks to do much of anything never wear them.

No there isn't, that's you again making an assumption without anything to back it up. I point this out as you are responding to someone who responded to my post. It really does your credibility no favours when you keep doing it. Like you, the person who I was responded to didn't seem to realise what the purpose of wearing a mask and performing basic hygiene was for. It's sad really.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I can see how wearing a mask would reduce the aerosols you may cough or sneeze out, but it is well proven that the majority of flu infections occur by transmission through the hands.

Get sick, cough in your hands, and start grabbing door handles and you will infect a whole office building of hundreds of people. Just walking into a building sick without a mask isn't the best or most efficient way to spread a virus.

I know this for a fact, I tested it in the 80s when they were debating hand transmission as the main route of infection. Got a whole dept sick by purposely coughing in my hand before opening doors in the building, and it was one hell of a flu bug I had that year. I infected hundreds that way, lucky no one died that I know of, pretty stupid, but I was young and dumb and wanted to test the "science" at the time, they were right, cough in your inside elbow, not your hand.

ETA: Kind of looks like I have had Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD) for some 30+ years it seems.

Yes, you are correct about the flu virus. However, you can’t just assume that the COVID19 virus behaves the same way. Maybe all viruses look alike to you (since they’re too small to see anyway) but they are actually different critters.

True, but I was talking influenza here, you even acknowledged such. I never made such an assumption, you came to that conclusion on your own. You should dig into the differences and present them hear to support your assumptions.

You are right about one thing, all virus do look the same when you can't see them. Guess I need a high magnification electron scanning microscope to know the difference like you seem to.

Personally, my own belief is that other than having a larger aerosol infection radius, the spread is primarily by hands touching contaminated surfaces and comparable to flu spread in most ways, just more contagious, but I doubt by a whole lot.

Please present some research showing I'm off track here, it will help me and everyone who reads this to be certain.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

And you keep thinking I don't understand the reasons why we are told to do it despite you having stated it over and over again.

Do you think I am so thick that I cannot read and understand basic words? Of course, I can, but I can also think and see the evidence for myself. I find none that compels me to think that wearing a mask has done much to change the outcomes one way or another.

The best argument anyone has offered is that we don't know how much it would have been without them, but that's absence of evidence or proof much like one points to absence of proof that there is no God to prove his existence, at that point, we're operating on faith.

I'm comfortable with the notion of faith, but don't bring faith to me and call it proof or science. Just accept that it's faith. I'm fine that you have faith that wearing a mask is to keep others from getting sick because you must be ill.

edit on 9-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And you keep thinking I don't understand the reasons why we are told to do it despite you having stated it over and over again.

Do you think I am so thick that I cannot read and understand basic words? Of course, I can, but I can also think and see the evidence for myself. I find none that compels me to think that wearing a mask has done much to change the outcomes one way or another.

The best argument anyone has offered is that we don't know how much it would have been without them, but that's absence of evidence or proof much like one points to absence of proof that there is no God to prove his existence, at that point, we're operating on faith.

I'm comfortable with the notion of faith, but don't bring faith to me and call it proof or science. Just accept that it's faith. I'm fine that you have faith that wearing a mask is to keep others from getting sick because you must be ill.

I'm not bringing faith to anything, there you again. I also don't think you are thick, you just seem to have your pedestal to spout opinion off - that's fine, go for it, just expect people to understand that's exactly what it is, based on nothing more than your opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Have you checked out Hope-Simpson?

Very interesting stuff.. If you cant afford the book (pretty pricey), there are other ways that also help with accessing full research papers.

Good thread though. Ive definitely been operating under the assumption its seasonal and even made a thread about addressing some lesser talked about aspects of seasonal illnesses.

I think the most important part when it comes to data is to actually verify the whole data chain. This process is largely compromised in official or mainstream avenues.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

It's the common #ing cold under a new name.

www.merckmanuals.com...

Common colds are among the most common illnesses. Many different viruses (rhinoviruses, adenoviruses, coronaviruses, and human metapneumoviruses cause colds, but rhinoviruses (of which there are more than 100 subtypes) cause most colds.

What are your thoughts on this?

We know the "corona" tests are worthless, giving false positive readings sometimes over 50% (worse than a coin toss).

Nobody tests for the "common cold" symptoms. You get a fever and a runny nose, you stay in bed.

Lab testing for the flu is rarely done anymore. I had the flu two years ago and the doctor diagnosed it over the phone with about ten questions.

Add in media and government hysteria over the corona and what do you get?

Anyone with a sniffle (remember, ordinarily they'd just stay home or ignore it) is getting a test that gives over 50% false positive results.

Bingo bango, "pandemic".

Great answer, thank you

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The crowned germ Mk. II does not exist (it is nothing in itself, being any and all of the pathologies developed these 75 last years the which went generally unreported, until now that is, they are all Covid). Smart dust and genetic therapy do.

Covid-19 is the crowned Joker. The Antichrist is already there.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Bring to remembrance the CDC's very serious simulation of a Zombie Carpocalypse a few years ago. The Smart Dust contents of the vaccines let those higher up to virtualize you, to play video games at your expenses, you become disposable Alex Kidds in "Forest of Illusion World". This has been going for some time now as far as soccer is concerned: the masses play PES, the elites remotely control Ronaldo or Messi.

Jesus Christ quickens the dead, his parody, the Joker mortifies the living.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'll be waiting for the check for my grandfather's funeral.

Thanks in advance. For also killing him with "scientific" lockdowns.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So with tuberculosis, why did they have sun decks for vitamin D?

Being outside with germs is dangerous.

Right?

Or maybe people get sicker if locked in a room or house all day.

Huh

Edit: Not to mention, the intentional stress certain posters play for their own amusement or hand wringing on TV isn't good for the immune system either, but onward ho.
edit on 2/9/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Remember, "Dr." Jill released a PSA that told us all to wear our masks while walking our dogs now. Is that one mask or two? Dr. Fauci cannot seem to make up his mind on that one.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
They can't even figure out what narrative to push anymore.

Too many liberal art scientists suddenly wanting to implement their own control into the narrative.

But remember, no such thing as viral overload from breathing the same toxins your body worked so hard for you to exhale. Just to inhale again, day after day. With no hazardous waste disposal bins anywhere.

What's next, it's okay to share vaccination needles?

Edit: Do I need to get started on the mental trauma masks cause for individuals with mental illnesses that affect social behavior? That rely on facial cues on how to read social interactions?

Oh wait, they and posters here, have stated that people like me, need to be neutered and killed off for the greater good. (BUT DON'T TOUCH THE HOMOS!)
edit on 2/9/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Why did places like South Korea, or Thailand, Taiwan, or Vietnam do well?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
Wearing a mask is primarily to keep other people safe.

If I wear a mask and it doesn't keep me safe but it keeps others safe, that means it only stops germs on the exhale.

So masks only work on the exhale, primarily, if they don't protect the wearer.

If I wore my mask inside out, would it work on the inhale, primarily?

Your words, not mine.
edit on 9-2-2021 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2021 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: ketsuko
control

Nailed it.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

originally posted by: uncommitted
Wearing a mask is primarily to keep other people safe.

If I wear a mask and it doesn't keep me safe but it keeps others safe, that means it only stops germs on the exhale.

So masks only work on the exhale, primarily, if they don't protect the wearer.

If I wore my mask inside out, would it work on the inhale, primarily?

Your words, not mine.

Could you point out "his words" that claim the nonsense you just posted?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

He's been telling me all afternoon that I don't wear a mask to keep myself safe. I do it to keep others safe. So the implication is that wearing the mask does nothing to protect me meaning it won't stop viral particles from coming in, but it hypothetically does stop them getting out.

I understand that it's to stop someone from sneezing or coughing out large droplets, but for the most part, the people who do this are symptomatic. If I'm symptomatic, I would need to stay home and I wouldn't be out in public, and if I did go out in public while symptomatic, it would be with a mask, yes, but that doesn't solve the issue of asymptomatic spread which is what we're told masks are for.

Hard to spew large droplets when you're asymptomatic because by definition, you aren't coughing and sneezing consistent with being ill. So viral particles that get exhaled aren't going to be stopped as effectively as they would be in a trapped droplet. And, of course, those same viral particles are why the mask doesn't protect you when you wear one ... they're in the air and won't get caught by your mask.

That all leaves aside the very real truth that COVID is more easily passed by getting on your fingers and into your mucus membranes in your nose, eyes or mouth. Why do you think they keep telling you to use hand sanitizer and wash your hands? Masks don't do a thing about that; in fact, they may make it worse with all the people adjusting their masks all the time and touching their faces in the process.
edit on 9-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join