It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you who proudly support Biden/Harris, may I ask why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Yep.

We'll see how well the non shutdown states really did do by not shutting down any more than that bit in early spring. At this point, I think it depends on how derpy people have been since so many of the moratoriums have been national.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I'll be interested in seeing how the Chinese travel for their new years, this year and how these administrations deal with it.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: MiddleInsite

It sounds like you're describing Hitler,not Biden.

Again , you use "history" .

And I feel the unlearned in the US have forgotten and just repeated it.

"I don't know , and I don't want to learn about the Constitution , but I can tell you who cheated on their husband on the Housewives of _____ (fill in the blank) "

Goth , and I know liberals.
I was once one of em

edit on 1/13/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Considering trump started zero foreign wars, made some efforts towards peace between north Korea and south korea and managed to assassinate only one foreign government official. From a foreign relations perspective, Trump's presidency has been pretty damn sane compared to the last 2, 3...4? Presidents before that.

I mean I guess there was a lot of media outrage that incited a lot of bull# over the last 4 years over every dumb thing trump tweeted or said...but as far as sane or insane presidencies actually goes, between obama, Bush Jr., clinton and Bush Sr. and Trump and things they actually did, not just said, Trump looks pretty sane.
edit on 13/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Not mention the Middle Eastern peace accords.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
You'll never get it. It's not supporting Biden and Harris. But if you're part of a personality cult you won't understand.

It's actually about supporting a normal, sane presidency in the wake of something completely not either of those things.

So you've got nothing then.

Pathetic.
edit on 1312021 by Wide-Eyes because: ETA: I feel dumber for having read that post.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

3. Climate change is real. The disagreement is polices to combat climate change. We can look to places like CA with rolling blackouts and sky high utilities to see liberal approaches don't work

Climate change IS real.
Has happened very many times in billions of years.

And if it was SO IMPORTANT folks would be doing something.
Oh , wait , they will impose Carbon Credits here

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321

A $15 minimum wage will put a lot more money in people's pockets which they will spend, therefore helping small businesses.

You're forgetting that it will be small businesses that will have the pay a much higher over-head cost. Larger companies will start charging more for the same goods in order to offset the increase, essentially canceling out the increases in wages over time. Businesses will hire fewer employees, or find ways to remove them all-together.
edit on 13-1-2021 by timequake because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bunch

No. you're wrong about the COVID thing.

Even the first two weeks was chancy. The thing you forget is that the economy does not just stop. Bills still pile up. People have to pay for their utilities, for their food, etc., that stuff has to be made, people have to work to produce ...

You cannot just cut out large chunks of the economy for months on end deciding arbitrarily A is necessary but B is not and not expect to have massive economic issues and people upset, angry, and out of work NO MATTER WHO WAS IN CHARGE. It doesn't matter. When you can't feed you kids and pay your rent because your government tells you that your working is nonessential and therefore illegal, you're going to get mad, especially when there are no bodies piling up in the streets.

And honestly, there aren't.

When you see states that didn't shut down managing just fine, and I live in one where that's more or less the rule even with masks and some curfews here and there, it makes you angry NO MATTER WHO'S IN CHARGE.

And frankly, I expect you'll see pushback from those states if Biden tries to push a national lock down.

I'm sorry but I will be the skeptical guy here and ask:

Do you think that if Trump ordered a nationwide lockdown, with a mandatory mask wear policy combined with other measures that he took like mortgage relief, rent relief and a bit more stimulus for the people his supporters would have revolted against him?

I have a hard time believing that Trump supporters would not have followed his lead....they never do!

EDIT TO ADD: In fact I would had easily see how Trump supporters would had become the lockdown police and the mask wearing police if Trump had asked them.
edit on 13-1-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
You'll never get it. It's not supporting Biden and Harris. But if you're part of a personality cult you won't understand.

It's actually about supporting a normal, sane presidency in the wake of something completely not either of those things.

Let me see if I understand what you're saying.

You supported replacing Trump by anyone else because Trump is a mouthy, egotistical, blathering fool who can't do anything right. Good so far?

Ok. Now what exactly do you consider to be a "normal" presidency? A president that allows Iran and North Korea to advance their nuclear and/or ballistic missile programs? One that constantly threatens Israel and wants to destroy their entire country? One that strangles the middle class with outrageous health care & insurance costs. One that allows people to run roughshod over others' rights while pretending to be "woke"? One that participates in wars so the oil barons and defense industry can get even richer while our people die in places they shouldn't be? Because that's what has happened with the last several presidents.

You go ahead and support that BS, the rest of us would like to continue most of the policies Trump started but didn't get to finish. Ones that make trade more equal, one that uses strength to prevent wars, one that pulls our troops out of places they don't need to be. One that promotes business, not hinders it. One that still has agencies that keep our air and water the cleanest of any industrial country.

Yeah, you go right ahead and support # policies that will take us backwards. Would you like to pay my mortgage? Taxes? Food bills? Insurance?

I didn't think so.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
That is a theory but I think it will end up shifting wealth downwards overall when all is said and done. Yes prices would go up but that does not mean people's wages will not more then compensate for that. a reply to: timequake

link   
Trump has no authority to lockdown the nation. I #in love that argument. "TRUMP IS A FASCIST!" TRUMP IS AN ASSHOLE FOR NOT OVERSTEPPING HIS AUTHORITY AND BEING A FASCISTS FOR THE GREATER GOOD!"

edit on Wed, 13 Jan 2021 18:02:52 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: ketsuko

No. you're wrong about the COVID thing.

Even the first two weeks was chancy. The thing you forget is that the economy does not just stop. Bills still pile up. People have to pay for their utilities, for their food, etc., that stuff has to be made, people have to work to produce ...

You cannot just cut out large chunks of the economy for months on end deciding arbitrarily A is necessary but B is not and not expect to have massive economic issues and people upset, angry, and out of work NO MATTER WHO WAS IN CHARGE. It doesn't matter. When you can't feed you kids and pay your rent because your government tells you that your working is nonessential and therefore illegal, you're going to get mad, especially when there are no bodies piling up in the streets.

And honestly, there aren't.

When you see states that didn't shut down managing just fine, and I live in one where that's more or less the rule even with masks and some curfews here and there, it makes you angry NO MATTER WHO'S IN CHARGE.

And frankly, I expect you'll see pushback from those states if Biden tries to push a national lock down.

I'm sorry but I will be the skeptical guy here and ask:

Do you think that if Trump ordered a nationwide lockdown, with a mandatory mask wear policy combined with other measures that he took like mortgage relief, rent relief and a bit more stimulus for the people his supporters would have revolted against him?

I have a hard time believing that Trump supporters would not have followed his lead....they never do!

I'll answer that too - no, I would not have supported a national lockdown or attempt at a national mask mandate if Trump had tried that. I wouldn't and didn't follow Trump's lead on very many things, but I do agree with the vast majority of things he did on a policy level.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Just think how much more support you could get for that agenda if you had someone who spoke with decency and did not constantly villanize those who rightly feel wronged. a reply to: HalWesten

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We are already noticing inflation on imports, add that to increased minimum wage (tariff’s) and all the other scary things we see on the horizon, it’s going to be interesting.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL
a reply to: HalWesten

I stand corrected then.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
1. he's a pedophile and pedophile shame needs to end. You can't tell anyone who they are allowed to love

2. More war. We as a nation are founded on war. Without it everyone will think we are bunch of losers.

3. Money. He is giving us free money, and is really good at laundering.

4. Human trafficking - this should be obvious, we need more slaves

5. immigration - we should just let anyone in, # it, no borders. Borders cause division and here in America we are going to end division.

6. China - china has an amazing government and we need to let them run everything here.

7. freedom of speech - it's completely over rated. anyone who disagrees with me should be labeled a terrorist and shamed if not reeducated and locked up.

8. Guns - The only people that should have guns are the criminals and gangs. No one else needs guns, just use Karate.

9. Health - his health is outstanding. He is clearly in a great position mentally to lead the US in the right direction.

10. abortion - people should be allowed to abort their babies 12 years after they are born in my opinion. This would also make us a lot more money when we harvest their organs.

11. Kamal Harris -if Joe dies soon we will have the first Black Woman President and that is really neat!

12. The mainstream media told me that Joe Biden is the best and everything the mainstream media says has turned out to be correct.

If thats not enough reasons to support a President you are delusional and racist and xenophobic.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Biden is a celebrated racist, that’s considered to be his best qualities for those who voted him in.
He’s also a sexual pervert with a looong list of sexual misconduct allegations against him, including rape. Another quality those who voted for him admire.

He openly supports the most well known domestic terrorist organisation, aNtifa, the ultra fascist group.
Another great quality
edit on 13 1 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
That is a theory but I think it will end up shifting wealth downwards overall when all is said and done. Yes prices would go up but that does not mean people's wages will not more then compensate for that. a reply to: timequake

uh, the economic model is solidly in place and trickle down won't be replaced by a new administration.

Biden is powerless to affect any change to the Corporate Oligarchy that the neocons instituted during papa Bush. He knows better than to even try.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

For those of you who proudly support Biden/Harris, may I ask why?

I wouldn't expect much of a response. Most of the libs have left or were banned.

They shouldn’t be spouting so much hate and division and calling for violence and they’d still be here
edit on 13 1 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join