It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you who proudly support Biden/Harris, may I ask why?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeenieWeenie
Biden stands for integrity, normalcy, fairness, and sensibility.

He wants to return politics back to where it should be where Republicans and Democrats can debate and compromise.

Enough of the cult leader and cult followers.

You lost me at integrity.
Biden and Harris are none of those things.
Enough of the Leftist cult.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

He wants to return politics back to where it should be where Republicans and Democrats can debate and compromise.

You can’t be serious? I want to respond to those points but I just don’t have it in me. I digress.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BeenieWeenie

About war and gun control and raising taxes and demolishing the GDP?

You know, the establishment's comfort zone.

Can't wait for that to continue...

(post by TKDRL removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

“Biden stands for integrity”

What

The

?????????????
edit on 13 1 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: TzarChasm
. I see no reason he shouldn't be president

Even it there was massive voter fraud? Even if he did not legitimacy win office?

(Sigh)
Please supply a single verifiable example that can stand up in a court of law? Just one?

I asked if you would feel the same it that were the truth?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: TKDRL
Mr. Serial plagiarizer and girl sniffer stands for integrity. Well, I suppose when you hold him up to the rest of the lefties, he stands head and shoulders above them.

I believe “sniffer” falls into the “normalcy” category for the dems.

This is true.

The only freedom Democrats believe in anymore is the one where they get to let their freak flags fly. In fact, while they're changing the National Anthem to the Black National Anthem, they might as well change the Stars and Stripes to whatever the freak flag is.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

“Biden stands for integrity”

What

The

?????????????

It's so mind numbingly stupid that it's not worth arguing with.

We try to point out the logical fallacies day in, day out but it will always fall on deaf ears.

We are living in the Braindead 20's.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I held a public forum on this for a group of 50 people live with no computers or phones allowed. not one could identify or mention his past nor what he "stands for...

same shows here, same shows anywhere "in person"... the internet side... we have tweets and one liner posts bashing trump...

logic? where are these supporters with a brain or even some common knowledge of the man?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
I'm well aware as to why those who support Trump do.

They've listed their reasons countless times, and it seems like logical reasoning to me.

I can understand why some really don't like his character, but this isn't supposed to be like american idol; you're not choosing who you 'like' better, you get to choose who will lead your country.

Most people don't pay attention to the answers. But I'll go ahead (speaking for myself, my daughter, and a number of like-minded friends)

What I've yet to hear is any legitimate reason why someone would have faith in Biden's ability to lead and minimize the rampant corruption within politics.

"rampant corruption" really needs to be quantified here. In a lot of cases, it seems to mean "I don't like the way they're voting." I really don't think that the minute someone wins an election they promptly become corrupt bloodsuckers. And there are a number of newcomer politicians in the government. So "rampant corruption" seems somewhat overblown here.

"Because he's not Trump" is not a valid reason, especially if you've never even considered both the good and the bad of his presidency.

You're making an assumption here that's not correct.

I fear the vast majority of democrat voters were hoodwinked into selecting a candidate they have zero faith in, and know little to nothing about, simply because he's not the 'monster' that the media made out Trump to be over the past 4 years.

Nope. We've got faith in him. I think he'll be blamed for the mess Trump leaves behind and will have one of the most difficult beginnings that any president has had in a very long time.

So here I ask, what about Biden gives you faith that it was the better choice?

* his cabinet is not full of business leaders, but of people who have had experience in the field and with that particular position. (have you ever experienced dealing with someone newly hired into a complicated job? It takes them years to be good at their job, particularly if they've never done that job before (i.e. Betsy DeVos)

* He's a moderate

* He's worked with both sides of the Senate before.

* Since 2007 he's sponsored 89 bills (a large number of which were bipartisan, showing he's able to and willing to work with the Republicans), most of which I tend to agree with. (projects.propublica.org...)

* he's for increasing taxes on the rich. While taxes on them won't be what they were during the Reagan era and before, they hopefully will increase.

* He won't be installing family members into posts and advisory positions (titled or not)

* He and Obama had a battle plan for pandemics (recognizing how quickly they could get out of control. It's available on the Internet, and it frankly would have saved us if that had been implemented... and not thrown out.

* He advocates ending the cash bail system

* I agree with his stance on ending the death penalty (replacing with life in jail). I originally disagreed with him until my brother-in-law (a lawyer for the State of Texas) talked with me at length about why HE opposed the death penalty. Now I think that the issue has merit.

* He is against private prisons. Having been an advocate for prisoner families, this is a BIG point for me. Government prisons are in serious need of reform but dealing with private prisons.... ugh.

* He is for raising minimum wage. Yes, absolutely. Sam Walton's family can afford to give every one of their workers $15/hour, which will enrich the entire community where their stores are. And so on for other businesses (including small businesses.)

* he is against for-profit charter schools. If they're taking government money then they don't need to be for-profit.

* First two years of college free for those who want it. Absolutely. Education is a stepping stone to a better job (and I am an example of that) I would also like to see trade education for those who want it.

* Boost teacher pay. I was a teacher and many of my close friends are teachers. Yes, yes, yes.

* For campaign finance reform. Yes, and I think there's a good chance he might be able to punch this one through.

* Ending oil and gas leases (new ones) on public land. Having lived in the West Texas oilfields, I don't want to see that on public lands.

* Universal background checks for guns (I can hear people screaming) and voluntary (notice I said voluntary) buy back program. And a firearm registry. I've seen what happens when people in the poor and minority areas of a city get free rein with guns. We don't need "guns for everyone."

* Expand the Affordable Care Act. Yes, please. Better access for people in poor areas (like coal mining areas of Kentucky; an area that I lived near for several years.)

* Link drug costs to overseas drug costs. Yes, please. I'm tired of our pharmacies selling drugs for 3-10 times the cost of what they are elsewhere.

* BIG ONE: Pay for infrastructure by taxing the wealthy. So many things are in a real mess, including bridges and dams.

* Citizenship for Dreamers. Yes.

* Scrapping past pot convictions.

* Federal funding for rural Internet. Yes, and particularly for Native American reservations.

Some things I'm not so crazy about. I don't think I agree with some of his stances on tariffs,

You can find out what he's for and against here on Politico

Let me add one more thing -- that these are relatively detailed and achievable goals. He will get pushback on them, but they're doable.

Compare to Trump's platform, which is filled with vague things like "Create 1 Million New Small Businesses" (apparently by magic) and "Dismantle Human Trafficking Networks" (as if we haven't been trying to do this all along.) As a scientist, I find the 2020 Republican Party Platform, as written by Trump to be a document full of vague talking points that sound good but are too unstructured to even work

He has 47 years in politics, surely his record should be filled with gems to embolden his merit.

Why?

No, seriously... why?

If you looked at the record of most senators (most of whom you'd never have heard of) you'd find them equally modest. Republican Coburn (Oklahoma) has sponsored a paltry 16 bills: projects.propublica.org...

...etc, etc.

If you look at other presidents, their records are not particularly sterling. Why are you trying to hold Biden to some sort of standard that nobody else matches?

legitimately would like to know your side, I've heard very little of the democrats opinions for Biden, I've only heard anti-Trump opinions, which is irrelevant to me.

There you are. From a liberal leftie, Democrat-voting, tree hugging hippie professor. And my friends (we are all generally in agreement with this and do note that it's my small circle of friends, which also includes other election judges, teachers, store owners, and many others.)

You may get some answers from trolls. I'm the genuine article and folks have known me (and my attitudes) for more than a decade.

Note: I'm not going to return to explain or debate any of these points.)
edit on 13-1-2021 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Finally, a legitimate answer.

Just don't hold your breath waiting for any of his "beliefs" to actually amount to anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
Its refreshing to see an actual thought out response.

While I get not wanting to explain or debate, it pretty much cancels out how this was a positive step in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
Seeing as how I wasn't the only one who felt this way, clearly there is common ground around to reach an understanding.

Shame they feel superior to talking to inferior folk.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

I had a coworker for 6 years that sat right next to me and
Educated me on how our immigration system works. She immigrated to the USA from South Korea in 1983 legally.
She also worked as an immigration officer for 6 years for
The immigration service(this was before DHS). I assume the fact she was bilingual was a big selling point.

She told me she waited 6 years before she was even told she could apply. She then waited another 2 years then jumped through a ton of hoops. Spent $20k for an immigration attorney and had to have a sponsor in the USA to sponsor her. She came from a middle class family that did but she paid all that money back herself and her dad had to sell his business to get her to the USA to the University of Michigan. Her parents knew that the USA would provide her with the best education and the most opportunities vs South Korea.

Now millions of people over the years have this same story.
I know a guy that came to the USA in 1986 from the USSR under political asylum and he applied in freaking 1980!!!

How would it make these millions of people that came to the country the right way, the honorable way and stood in line like everyone else and waited for years and prayed and spent tens of thousands of dollars feel if we were all of a sudden to say “Hey it’s cool that 15 million of you cut in line and also a big F U to all the people that have standing in line. You all are suckers for doing it legally”

What type of moral precedent would we be setting if we did a pathway to citizenship? Get in line and wait like everyone else.
You are here illegally and you are cutting the line and it is shameful and disgraceful to anyone that came here legally through the process. I have met many people that came to the USA legally and when you ask them about these policies they get extremely ANGRY.
edit on 13-1-2021 by Brassmonkey because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

I'm all for helping the people stuck in limbo waiting to come legally. For one thing, they have the very first quality you want in a citizen -- respect for the law of the land they're wanting to come to.

I think any part of the policy we implement includes telling people who are here illegally that they can benefit from the new policy if and only if they return home and follow the laws to come legally. They can have precedence over new applicants if they can show documentation of lawful existence within the US, but they must stand behind those who never broke our laws to come here in the first place who were already waiting in the legal process. That's the amnesty I'm willing to give.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
I'm well aware as to why those who support Trump do.

They've listed their reasons countless times, and it seems like logical reasoning to me.

I can understand why some really don't like his character, but this isn't supposed to be like american idol; you're not choosing who you 'like' better, you get to choose who will lead your country.

You really think people voted him out only because he isn't likeable?
The man can't lead jack #.
His handling of corona virus was a disaster.
Imagine having Trump leading the country through a world War. Imagine the horror.
Trump isn't a born natural leader. Everything in his life was served on a golden platter.

As i think about it your right. He isnt a leader and he tried to delegate like he did in his business and found out that you cant do that as president. As the quote says the buck stops here. Trump success involved him putting the right people in charge he was never able to do that in his administration. This can be seen as he kept firing his staff the other problem he gave to much power to Jarrod someone who again is not a leader.

Trump didnt understand government much less have the ability to lead it. It wasnt even about his inexperience people can learn what it was is his whle life he relied on others to manage for him. He would claim their success as his own and fire them if they made a mistake.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join