It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we stay silent in front of the horrors of the Meat industry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

Yeah, your approach sucked.
You expect people to share your level of outrage and when they don't you act all condescending.

Nobody here has said this wasn't animal abuse.
Actually most people here have responded positively with stories of the approach they use for their own meat consumption.
Local butchers and local farms.

And you still haven't proposed anything resembling a solution to your issue.
What have you done to address the issue other than posting on a message board?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

All of us? Even those of us who buy our meat from small local farms in our neighborhoods? I know the guys that run the farms, they treat their livestock well. Still ends up as food on my plate at the end of the day. Can we do away with the broad generalizations please?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Run forest run!

Seriously dude.
What the hell do you expect to accomplish on the message board of a conspiracy site?

What have you done to further your cause?
You have done nothing here but express outrage of a topic and chastised people for not being outraged.
You have given no solution to your problem.
You have given no direction for anyone to follow to end the issue.
Have you been writing you local representatives to find a solution?

Stop expecting others to justify your feeling.

It's true I didn't bring much solutions to the table except for a very simple one-

Stop pretending there is no problem at all worth some kind of reflexion. And seriously have any of you guys actually watched the video? I think it pretty much makes a statement by itselfs. I really don't know what else to say...

I

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I'm nearly 50 years old.
I've reflected on many things in that lifetime.
Including the exact topic you are concerned with.
How many of these video must I see before I'm aware enough for your taste?

This topic is very low on the list of issues I care to spend time thinking about.

We all have our priorities.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

My OP is about the hidden reality and suffering behind slaughterhouses

It’s not hidden and most of us know where our food comes from and the processes it goes through before it gets in our mouths.

Some of us have even worked in those places.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Yeah, your approach sucked.
You expect people to share your level of outrage and when they don't you act all condescending.

Nobody here has said this wasn't animal abuse.
Actually most people here have responded positively with stories of the approach they use for their own meat consumption.
Local butchers and local farms.

And you still haven't proposed anything resembling a solution to your issue.
What have you done to address the issue other than posting on a message board?

Look man, you can put all the blame on my shoulders if you want I'm used to it. My main argument remains the same. The amount of suffering and pain humans inflict on animals in the name of the meat industry which we all participate in, is absolutely horrifying. If you watched the video and didn't feel anything or at least realized just how much suffering these poor creatures go through then I must say you are separated for a very important truth. A separation that will probably cost you a lot in the end.

Sure, I already acknowledged that a lot of people go to farms instead for their meat needs which is a lot better. It is my goal for this year, in fact. In order to do domething against this madness.

You just don't seem to understand that the evil that we participate in directly or, in this case indirectly, will be thrown back at us one way or another. Maybe you guys know all about slaughterhouses and buy your food elswhere but my point is that most people just consume without thinking and will never tqke the time to understand the wicked process behind the meat industry. And if even if you take your food in farms, millions of animals are still being killed in a way that is close to torture.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Wanna know which issue I place over factory farming?

Bush meat/exotic animal meat/Eastern medicine trades. As bad as the factory farming thing, the ones I list are threatening to wipe out entire species and ruin biodiversity. They can also be far crueler in practice.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The law of Karma is very real and everything that goes around must come around.

Evidently that hasn't happened as mankind has been omnivorous for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I'm nearly 50 years old.
I've reflected on many things in that lifetime.
Including the exact topic you are concerned with.
How many of these video must I see before I'm aware enough for your taste?

This topic is very low on the list of issues I care to spend time thinking about.

We all have our priorities.

You say it like it is a good thing, the fact millions of animals are suffering greatly but it is close to being meaningless to you.
Look, it's all good man to each their own. Most people don't seem to understand animals are just like us. Would you have the same indifference if it was one of your fellow human beings in these factories? We are all connected, and my point is only that by letting this madness happen without givng a sh-t it will eventually backfire to us. Humans think they are superiors to animals but what makes you think that the same people who treat these animals in such a way for money will never do it to you and your family when they render us as useless as cattle?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Same way you stayed silent on big pharma abuse of children for your drugs

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

There is our fundamental difference.
Animals are not just like us.
As much as your feelings would have us believe they are, they are not.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

If humans are just like the animals, then it does render us as useless as cattle. Think about it. You may not like where you end up.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

There is our fundamental difference.
Animals are not just like us.
As much as your feelings would have us believe they are, they are not.

Bold statement. Care to explain to me why they are not like us?

What if I told you will incarnate all species of creation at the end of your life cycle? You might disagree with this assumption but let's pretend it is true. That would mean at one point you might be that chicken or pig being tortured and then slaughtered. I'm pretty sure you don't believe in this kind of stuff but its still a possibility. So truly considrr your perspective on all of this.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If humans are just like the animals, then it does render us as useless as cattle. Think about it. You may not like where you end up.

That's what I'm saying.

We look at those animals and don't care because it doesn't affect us. But when robots take over most jobs, we will probably be rendered useless by the corporations of this world.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Im eating a pig stuffed chicken hamburger for dinner tonight.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

No.
I don't care to explain.
Trying to explain this to you would be like explaining to a feminist that men and women are different.

I'm going to bow out now.
I have no desire to talk about peoples emotions or feelings. The result is always like trying to push a rope.

edit on 8-1-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

No.
I don't care to explain.
Trying to explain this to you would be like explaining to a feminist that men and women are different.

I'm going to bow out now.
I have no desire to talk about peoples emotions or feelings. The result is always like trying to push a rope.

You remind me of my dad when he acts like he speaks the truth but doesn't want to talk about it. I'm a man of facts so I was looking forward for a logic explanation of your belief. But whatever, I'm pretty sure you don't have good arguments for your cause since humans are basically animals too.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Who is going to buy these robot manufactured products if no one can afford them, because everyone is out of work? Ask this yourself.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Who is going to buy these robot manufactured products if no one can afford them, because everyone is out of work? Ask this yourself.

It's the same problem animal rights people don't consider. When no one eats meat any more because it's too cruel, what use do we have for every single variety of domestic farm animal? None.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join