It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we stay silent in front of the horrors of the Meat industry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

Where I live everything is free-range by default except the chickens, but I buy them free-range anyway cause I can taste the difference between a happy and soulless animal.

Happy animals always taste the best.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Until everyone is able to raise their own cattle, pigs and chickens in their back yard you are going to have to get used to the current system. I am sorry it bothers you so much, but life is consumption. I just have other priorities right now.

You being upset about it isn’t going to fix anything.

Well, it's all good m8 I understand.

I'm just saying this madness is happening behind the scene whether we think about it or not. Millions of animals suffering in truly horrifying way. Go on with your life, but simply know there will come a day (probably soon) when all this pain will be reflected back to us because we are all guilty of this.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

I also enjoy meat, including bacon, though for a large part of my life (age 15-30) it was not a part of my diet.

Getting back into the omnivore game was a hard decision for me to make, but I fully appreciate what it is now and I never feel guilty for eating meat, I actually feel much healthier for it. With that said, I really can't understand how any person could lack the basic empathy required to at least feel bad for the animals we're cooking. Empathy is the cornerstone of civilization and should never be shut down because it makes people feel uncomfortable. I know it's just a backlash to militant vegetarianism, but the hyper aggressive, "I'm a man" carnivore attitude seems sociopathic and anti-societal to me. It's not our fault that we're at the top of the food chain, but we should be appreciative of the lives we take to sustain ourselves and our health.

Can't wait to try a clone-burger!

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It's not that it doesn't matter it's just that I don't care.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Lack of empathy isn't a good thing.

What if it was you in these slaughterhouses?
We seem to forget that not long ago millions of jews were killed in gas chamber in the name of xenophobia. Don't be so naïve as to think a genocide could not happen again. The immediate future isn't looking bright at all if you didn't already know...
edit on 8-1-2021 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD

Its not me.
Take a trip to China and watch them cook live animals.
Stop in the middle east and watch an idiot slice the throat of a sheep and watch it bleed to death while he prays to his moon god.
Watch an abortion video.
Google pics of starving children, concentration camps, slave punishment.

Lack of empathy is not the problem.
It's a larger perspective on the ways of the entire world.

Pass the bacon.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yea just because there are massive disgusting slaughter houses doesn’t mean that’s the only way to get meat. I live small town rural, lots of cattle farms around here and a massive amount more in Saskatchewan. The cows are kept in giant open fields to roam they are very very well cared for in these parts. Granted their last stop is death and consumption but your fooling yourself if you think nature is humane in anyway. At least humans kill stuff before we eat it....most of the time.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Its not me.
Stop in the middle east and watch an idiot slice the throat of a sheep and watch it bleed to death while he prays to his moon god.
Watch an abortion video.

Pass the bacon.

You guys sound so #ing crazy to me. I feel like I'm an alien not from this world who have a skill for caring of others suffering.

Did you even watch the video for more than one min ffs?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You must be from another planet because you haven’t yet comprehend how earth works.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Its not me.
Watch an abortion video.

Pass the bacon.

You guys sound so #ing crazy to me. I feel like I'm an alien not from this world who have a skill for caring of others suffering.

Did you even watch the video for more than one min ffs?

As you are to me and many others
You are trumpeting one issue and ignoring every other issue because only yours is important...to you
Listen to what others say and stop your single mindedness
Yes it’s horrible but they are only animals
Respect and responsibility is important, even to animals but
People see far worse, see so much injustice, yet you preach your own personal message to us

Clearly you don’t care about what we care about so why do you moan and complain when we don’t care about your issue?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I'm in my car and have not watched your video.

But I must ask.
Is it really any different that the other videos of slaughterhouses I've seen?

You realize this isn't the first time or first video made on the nasty conditions of these processing centers.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Yea just because there are massive disgusting slaughter houses doesn’t mean that’s the only way to get meat. I live small town rural, lots of cattle farms around here and a massive amount more in Saskatchewan. The cows are kept in giant open fields to roam they are very very well cared for in these parts. Granted their last stop is death and consumption but your fooling yourself if you think nature is humane in anyway. At least humans kill stuff before we eat it....most of the time.

Wtf is wrong with you guys? Did you watch the video for at least 10 minutes? Yeah most likely not.

I know there are different ways of processing meat, some more humane than others. My point is you still probably consume meat from an animal that truly suffered. This industry tells you animals are being treated with respect and love but the truth is they don't want you to know no matter the technique used they still mostly suffer from the whole process. Being moved through multiples steps in metallic machines with no care.

This thread just proved to me that even people as open-minded as the one we see on ATS are mostly blinded to the truth. If you believe in God, you can be sure he is in anguish seeing how we treat his creation.

I'm not saying to go vegan or that I'm better than you guys. I'm surprised at how most of you guys take this matter so lightly though. Thus doubting you actually took the time to go through the full video.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
You must be from another planet because you haven’t yet comprehend how earth works.

Bold assumption from your part.

Please, try me.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Ofc I know most of people saw clips of animal cruelty.

But trust me. Going fully through this 30 minutes documentary without looking away requires courage if you have an ounce of empathy.

If you do watch it, feel free to share your opinions.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I’m not silent, when I take a bite I usually say, yum.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Im very open minded and an atheist.
I've also researched vegan diets and find them very lacking and dangerous.
Videos like the one you posted have been around for decades.

youtu.be...

The overall state of our planet has plenty of issues to go around and slaughterhouses are not exactly high on my list of issues needing immediate attention.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Save an animal but let’s discuss abortion in a sincere genuine manner
Sorry but

Animals are animals man, but babies are just clumps of cells. /s

So save the whales.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Ofc I know most of people saw clips of animal cruelty.

But trust me. Going fully through this 30 minutes documentary without looking away requires courage if you have an ounce of empathy.

If you do watch it, feel free to share your opinions.

I will watch this video later today.
You have my word on that.
But don't expect some sort of life changing revelation from everyone that does watch.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Well, since I am unable to watch the video you posted. I will leave you with this. Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I’ve watched the glass slaughter house videos , seen more baby pig skulls smashed into the floor then you can count.. And even the video with the crippled little puppies who couldn’t even walk because they were kept in cages then they were put down.I wept. There isn’t anything wrong with me. I just know that if you want # like Covid vaccines in unrealistic time lines or something to lower your cholesterol or if you actually want be properly fed and nourished there is a cost.

edit on 8-1-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join