It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we stay silent in front of the horrors of the Meat industry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We could pet them to death. We could humanize them just like these poor existences of dogs that fit in a cup. We could storm a chicken farm to save them, just to have the whole farm culled for hygienic reasons and all animals put to death anyways.

Or we could refrain from buying packaged meat. But that would be too inconvenient for a lot of city folks. Quality before quantity is my credo, not sure about others.

Nature is cruel, animal rights people forget that. Sure it does not justify cruel done to animals. But life also brings possible misery. For example in my country, if we didn't shoot bores and hogs like crazy, the deer and plant life will suffer greatly because these bores / hogs do not have an natural enemy anymore (human made problem). They eat and turn up all the fresh seedlings, they eat little deer alive if they can catch them.

For an outsider, it looks like a slaughter fest, for an insider, it just prevented more damage for a few months. I drifted off somewhere, I think.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

I watched the video as I said I would.
The content was exactly like every other video on the subject.

Now I want bacon...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Heh, I've been holding my tongue all day on this thread, really debating on whether I should weigh in on this topic or not!!

OP, at the risk of getting involved in a discussion which YOU really don't want me to get involved with, allow me to ask you a question...

Can you identify exactly the point where you attach blame in your virtue shaming OP? Specifically, who is responsible, in your mind? Please point to that individual or group!

Trust me, I can assure you the demons you seek are not the ones you think they are, not by lightyears!

Were I to sit you down in a room and pull back the curtain on the realities of what your heart seemingly bleeds over, you would be so astonished you would likely need to be restrained from taking your own life.

I think I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We buy a half a cow a year, we know the farmers who grow it and those cows have got it made. The farmer treats their animals extremely well. Now the place they are butchered, they feed them for a few days then haul in the animals and kill and slaughter them in a fairly humane way. Quick and simple death. They do not want to stress the animals because that puts a bad taste in the meat. They do not treat them with chemicals to break down that foul taste like some big factory stockyard processing plants do so they have to try to keep the cows calm. If they screwed up everyone's meat by stressing the cows, nobody would bring their cattle there.

I am sure not all animal processing plants are like that, but many are good to the animals. Farmers are going to complain if their meat is screwed up.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
I wondered why you were silent about this or if you just didn't see the thread!

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Heh, I've been holding my tongue all day on this thread, really debating on whether I should weigh in on this topic or not!!

OP, at the risk of getting involved in a discussion which YOU really don't want me to get involved with, allow me to ask you a question...

Can you identify exactly the point where you attach blame in your virtue shaming OP? Specifically, who is responsible, in your mind? Please point to that individual or group!

Trust me, I can assure you the demons you seek are not the ones you think they are, not by lightyears!

Were I to sit you down in a room and pull back the curtain on the realities of what your heart seemingly bleeds over, you would be so astonished you would likely need to be restrained from taking your own life.

I think I'll just leave it at that.

Feel free to get involved all you want mate. I'm open for a genuine debate.

My intentions were not to blame people and try to make them feel bad about themselves. I simply provided my perspective on the nightmare those creatures seemed to go through. The meat industry tells you the animals are either stunned or unconscious which is an half truth since you can see in the footage that they are alive and mostly conscious through the whole process. It's torture disguised as "humane".

We are all responsible. We all know this madness is happening behind the scene and that greed is literally making these animals feel like they are in hell but nobody seem to give a f-ck. Not ATS in particular, but most people would not even have the courage to watch this 30m documentary to the end. Yet, they will still eat meat like nothing happened.

And cmon dude. You don't know a thing about me. You have no idea the amount of pain and crazyness I'm able to see about our reality. I for one asked for the truth and it was delivered to me. I just didn't expect it to be that wicked. You act cool and sh-t but if you watched this video without realizing the horrifying implications for mankind and its future, then you're the one who can't see behind the curtains.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Now I want bacon...

Well, thanks for taking the time.

But if this is your only conclusion from it, I'm afraid you are feeding yourself with powerful delusions whatever they might be which in turn restrain your capacity to feel empathy and see things as they truly are. It's just my opinion of course and we all feed ourselves lies at one point in our life anyway.
edit on 8-1-2021 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Did you know that male sea otters get so randy they will literally rape baby sea lions to death, and they aren't picky about the orifice they use? Or it might be male sea lions on baby sea otters ... either way, it's a particularly horrific and cruel way nature has of killing.

edit on 8-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Did you know that male sea otters get so randy they will literally rape baby sea lions to death, and they aren't picky about the orifice they use? Or it might be male sea lions on baby sea otters ... either way, it's a particularly horrific and cruel way nature has of killing.

No I didn't.

Nature is also horrifying in a way I'm not denying that. The difference between humans and animals is that we have the consciousness to choose between good and evil. It is not always clear what is evil and what is not but there are some things that we know for sure is. Like making animals suffer in agonishing pain for absolutely no reason. Since we have superior intelligence, which the sea otter doesn't have the luxury to possess, we have a responsibility towards the way we choose to interact with this world.

And in the end we will all be judged by our actions.
edit on 8-1-2021 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD

originally posted by: putnam6

I'm gonna take a different tact on this.

I've worked on a farm and I also agree the OP is overly misguided as to the status of humans vs animals.

I'll also point out how many Americans go hungry every day. Before we regulate and attack the meat processing industry make sure we know the ramifications of doing so. I can foresee regulations and changes forcing out the smaller farms as they have to adapt and even changes n the larger processors will lead to higher meat prices at the worst time possible.

If the industry needs to adapt and have a more humane way to process maybe come up with cheaper and effective ways to do so. Instead of doing something that threatens jobs here and would likely force processors to send meat to China to be processed because it's cheaper than going through the regulated process here. Like Tyson already does.

It's a slippery slope I just ordered Goodfish crispy salmon skins, I'm sure the fishes were likely traumatized as well on their way to being skinned and fried. The logical extension is don't you think mosquitoes have a painful agonizing death when they are sprayed by pesticides?

Man, you guys clearly don't seem to realize that everything we do to others will come back to us one way or another. The way animals are being killed in our "humane" factories is f-cked up beyond words. Now I understand the need for meat is part of nature but at least the animals have true freedom and joy in their natural habitats.

I don't care what you guys think about all of this but if you watched the whole clip I provided and still find excuses to justify the torture of innocent creature just so you can go buy and eat meat the most easiest of ways... then let me tell you something-

All the pain that is being inflicted in these cold heartless factory will come back to us in a near future. The law of Karma is very real and everything that goes around must come around. The cold and heartless factories we built to feed the meat industry needs is anything but humane. Ppl never think about this but what would you think if it was you in their place? I'm not even vegan but still I can at least acknowledge the need to do something about this madness ... whatever it is.

What do you mean specifically about " Everything we do comes back to us" I just want clarification is all I'm asking. Sounds like we got to worry about the spaghetti karma monster in the sky now?

I used to date a very liberal woman for a long time, she was a wonderful person still is, she had many of your viewpoints. I know and try to eat free-range chickens because of her, but it isn't feasible to change instantly.

As I mentioned before then come up with a way to handle them more humanely.

but we have to find a balance, and yea I'm am concerned but I'm am way more concerned about human suffering on this planet

but as I've mentioned we can barely feed the humans on the planet as it is.

I know it is not a simple topic. Even I don't know what to ultimately do about it. But when I say it will come back to us...
Well, if you have watched the video you saw how tortured these poor animals are. They are completely defenseless and we have total dominiom over them. And what do we do with this responsability? We make them suffer terribly and nobody gives a # as long as they can access meat easily.

Don't take my word for it. Still, if there is one thing life taught me is that if you send good out there it will come back to you. Unfortunately for us, if you send bad it will also boomerang. These animals are suffering everyday so much it is truly saddening. But one day it is us humans who will suffer the same outcome if we don't do sh-t about it.
Can't say you've not been warned

You don't think there is human suffering? or has been human suffering and genocide on monstrous scales throughout history many many times before we even began to slaughter animals in organized meat processing plants.

Again it's about balance, completely free-range here in the US isn't feasible for a number of reasons about 330 million of them. It's just not feasible for everybody to have a freezer where they can get free-range meats and store them.

Again what is the solution, beef chicken and pork rationing? government supplied only beef pork chicken? farmers sell to the government and you get your weekly or monthly allotment based on family size? It would create a huge black market, regulations almost always do.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Amish chickens

dont care what you guys are arguing about.
i want to know about the amish chickens.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

Amish chickens

dont care what you guys are arguing about.
i want to know about the amish chickens.

They are just like regular chickens but with homemade feathers and no deodorant.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.

Genesis 1:30

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

No I didn't.

Nature is also horrifying in a way I'm not denying that. The difference between humans and animals is that we have the consciousness to choose between good and evil. It is not always clear what is evil and what is not but there are some things that we know for sure is. Like making animals suffer in agonishing pain for absolutely no reason. Since we have superior intelligence, which the sea otter doesn't have the luxury to possess, we have a responsibility towards the way we choose to interact with this world.

Judged by whom? and when is the end? collectively? individually? So many questions and yet you have stumbled upon this issue when there is so much going on elsewhere in millions of people's lives. So much upheaval and chaos never seen before , one would think if so inclined is this would be the "judgment" you are referring to?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I like meat... I will continue to eat meat. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Now I want bacon...

Well, thanks for taking the time.

But if this is your only conclusion from it, I'm afraid you are feeding yourself with powerful delusions whatever they might be which in turn restrain your capacity to feel empathy and see things as they truly are. It's just my opinion of course and we all feed ourselves lies at one point in our life anyway.

What was the whole thing about the first person to throw a rock? Love is all you need!

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   

No I didn't.

Judged by whom? and when is the end? collectively? individually? So many questions and yet you have stumbled upon this issue when there is so much going on elsewhere in millions of people's lives. So much upheaval and chaos never seen before , one would think if so inclined is this would be the "judgment" you are referring to?

Good questions.

I have come to the conclusion recently that the devil is very real since I experienced his manifestation multiple times to a point I can't deny it anymore. So of he is real then so is God and. It seems we are living in the end of times which makes sense considering the pain and suffering we have inflicted on this world in the last century. It must come to an end one way or another. So this means we are all probably gonna be judged at some point and since we have access to so much knowledge, the severity will be much higher.

Yes, the events we are going through right now is part of this process and is only the beginning. It will get much crazier, trust me. That's why I was trying to warn the people that responded to my OP to at least consider mankind as a whole might be punished for the way we have treated the animal kingdom. I'd rather be on the good side and show empathy for these innocent creatures instead of complete indifference.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I grew up in the country and relied on local farms. The farmers were all clean and humane with the raising and slaughtering of their animals. We used to have a yearly event where the whole community worked together in the slaughtering of the animals, and everyone got a portion for participating. Everyone in the community shared in the labor, including the children, we all had our role.

I have been encouraging people to avoid big businesses and to support local for a long time. I know it is not as easy for the folks in the urban areas, but this last year has shown me how important having thriving local industries are to meeting basic our needs.

It has also helped foster new relationships and community sharing, which I fear may become very necessary in the new future.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I hear you. I've seen many videos like this and it's obvious the real horror is the factory farms and our over consumption of meat. I tried to go vegan/vegetarians and I couldn't do it because I like seafood. I also had to deal with jokes and comments about it. I still enjoy many vegan/vegetarian foods but I also enjoy having sushi or grilled fish. I also don't believe we are meant to be vegan naturally because our ancestors would have never survived on living on just plants and if we suffer some world wide catastrophe, what then?

I made the decision to buy locally if I buy chicken. It's harder for me to buy local for fish. Plus, I like companion animals, like cats and dogs, and they need their meat as well. The only solution I can think of is if everyone just stops over consuming meat.

I stopped following the likes of peta because of their militant views on pets and food choices. I also dislike militant meat eaters because they are just as rude. I also make sure to never waste any meat product in my house. I've told my children to respect their food in the past and any meat leftovers goes to my pets.

I also don't understand why vegans attack hunters who hunt their food. They are more humane in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexia

I hear you. I've seen many videos like this and it's obvious the real horror is the factory farms and our over consumption of meat. I tried to go vegan/vegetarians and I couldn't do it because I like seafood. I also had to deal with jokes and comments about it. I still enjoy many vegan/vegetarian foods but I also enjoy having sushi or grilled fish. I also don't believe we are meant to be vegan naturally because our ancestors would have never survived on living on just plants and if we suffer some world wide catastrophe, what then?

I made the decision to buy locally if I buy chicken. It's harder for me to buy local for fish. Plus, I like companion animals, like cats and dogs, and they need their meat as well. The only solution I can think of is if everyone just stops over consuming meat.

I stopped following the likes of peta because of their militant views on pets and food choices. I also dislike militant meat eaters because they are just as rude. I also make sure to never waste any meat product in my house. I've told my children to respect their food in the past and any meat leftovers goes to my pets.

I also don't understand why vegans attack hunters who hunt their food. They are more humane in my eyes.

Thanks for your insights.

Yes, hunting for your food is MUCH better and humane since it is part of nature and survival to eat but at least it can be done with respect and love.

When we go to these supermarkets and participate in this society of over consumption without second thought, considering the amount of disturbing footages already avalaible to us of the disturbing reality these defenseless animals must go through in order for this industry to survive... well, what can I say? We are setting all of ourselves for massive punishment one day. People don't seem to realize that even if we are at the top of the food chain right now on this planet, if there was another specy that was to come to earth and they would see how we treat the animal kingdom we would have a VERY bad case to convince them to not do the same thing to us. And it might happen sooner than expected...

I don't know if going vegan is the best solution for now but I know for a fact finding alternatives like food farms is good start and let's go from there. At least making somekind of conscious sacrifice.
edit on 9-1-2021 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join