It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Independence Day (Brexit)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: merka

Let me help you. Here is what you wrote.

unlike the UK which now has to submit to EU rules

The UK does not HAVE TO submit to EU rules which i have demonstrated.

Is that really that hard for you to understand ?

Jesus christ this is getting stupid.

It has to or it is a violation of the trade agreement.

I'm not going to bother any more, keep living happily in your sovereignty bubble.
edit on 2-1-2021 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka

I'm not going to bother any more, keep living happily in your sovereignty bubble.

If you don't undersand then that's your problem not mine.

Please feel free to live in your own fantasy world.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Most countries have to follow other countries rules if they want to trade, that's how trade works.

I wouldn't be allowed to sell a product into another country (or even in my own country) unless I met the requirements of that country in terms of product specification.

Though I would like to know which current rules we have to adhere to?
Why are all the important details like this so hard to find?

Seems the deal is not that great and they have kicked the can down the road on some aspects, but that's the fault of our useless politicians and media.

Nigel Farage says this is the end of the 'Brexit Wars', but I got a terrible feeling this may go on for a while yet and could get interesting when we have a new government.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Rational people in the UK on either side of the debate are likely focused on Covid-19 or refining the UK free trade agreement. A hardcore group of Remainers are still in denial about Brexit. This twitter.com... is a symptom of the undemocratic forces that these Remainers are embracing.

Putting aside the worst of the Remainers behaviour, there is no sound argument why the UK's ties with the EU expanded beyond a free trade agreement over the last three decades.

edit on 3-1-2021 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2021 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
A hardcore group of Remainers are still in denial about Brexit.

The vast majority of Remainers have moved on.

There is a hardcore of those who really believe in the EU and they will persist. Then there are the separatist Scottish nationalists who are just banging on about the EU as it's part of their policy of division - got to keep the politics of grievance fed, eh?

The UK will remain close friends with the EU. The trade deal ensures we'll all prosper, especially the EU who export so much to the UK. The World has not ended. No children were harmed!

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Rational people in the UK on either side of the debate are likely focused on Covid-19 or refining the UK free trade agreement. A hardcore group of Remainers are still in denial about Brexit. This twitter.com... is a symptom of the undemocratic forces that these Remainers are embracing.

Putting aside the worst of the Remainers behaviour, there is no sound argument why the UK's ties with the EU expanded beyond a free trade agreement over the last three decades.

Political campaigning is undemocratic?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yay, we've jumped the shark. Great! Time to pay through the nose for food and let the Tories rewrite the rule book. What a time to be alive!

Seriously, this is an effin' joke!

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Wooooo, the independance of Scotland, the reunification of Ireland and Gibraltar leaving the UK, whats not to look forward celebrating?!

Lots of parties in the future!

I look forward to the 1st one at least, the rest won't effect me much.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm
a reply to: Bloodworth

Can I just point out that contrary to what remainers will have you believe, not all of us voted out of Europe solely because of immigration... the left will force this down your throat that we are all racists but its simply not the case.

Immigration and freedom of movement was definitely an issue but above all else it was the pathetic red tape and restrictions business owners like myself had to deal with and the European Court.

Not all of you voted for racist reasons but a lot of people did. A lot of poor misguided fools that believe we are free and we are, free to let the Tories rewrite all our rules. It's a sad state of affairs and should have been handled by a cross party coalition instead of by the Tories.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Are you trying to make Leavers heads explode?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

If you understand what Brexit was all about, then why post the idiotic comment that The UK still has to folow EU rules.

You just make yourself look a fool.

Errr. You do know what the trade deal entails, don't you?

Free trade unless one of the parties starts to deviate from existing EU rules.

The moment Great Britain (not the UK, remember, because different rules apply in Ulster) stops following EU rules, the trade deal is compromised.

Yeah I don't understand why people think we are free of EU rules either. They clearly don't understand what just happened. This isn't the victory they wanted but they're calling it that. Sad times indeed.

Not that I voted for this $hitshow

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Did you actually read what you wrote ? Here it is again.

unlike the UK which now has to submit to EU rules and regulations

The UK does not have to submit to EU rules, which i have already told you.

The UK can diverge from EU rules if it so wishes. Which part of that do you not understand ?

Nobody is saying we can't. If we diverge from those rules we stand to lose the benefits they've let us have.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

You are of course correct we no longer have to submit to EU rules.

We just will submit to EU rules that we no longer have a say in making.

That sounds do much better...

Much better, if you're a Leaver, I guess.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:40 AM
link   

If you don't undersand then that's your problem not mine.

Please feel free to live in your own fantasy world.

Yeah, he wasn't the one who didn't understand. That was funny to read. Cognitive dissonance at its best

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Well that might explain the brain damage at least.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Seems to me what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

The separation and gap between the classes in this collection of nations is as wide as it ever was.

Far to many have nots, and no where near enough haves.

Brexit cannot change that predicament and is only apt to bring about more austerity.

Of course poor people have a grievance when there governments lie to them and treat them the way the have done throughout this whole sordid affair.

edit on 3-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: fusionfilm

Congrats to the United Kingdom.

If anyone ends up truly regretting the departure of the UK from the EU, it will be the smaller countries in the EU. The Franco-German MyWay is about to be paved over them.

Cheers
edit on 3-1-2021 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

My guess is the regret will lie with the poor sods unlucky enough not to possess a nice big money lined bank account and Ivory tower to ride out the coming storm.

AKA anybody that's not an overprivileged Tory sod with a silver spoon lodged where the sun don't shine.

edit on 3-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

COVID lockdowns, and new strain mutation heightened the risks of isolationism for the UK,

And the new trade deal with the EU is seen as isolationist as well?
Not sure how this would play into the global debt situation other than perhaps, "The time draws nigh" for either the "Great Reset" or something else.

We are asleep here across the pond in the States..

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm
a reply to: Bloodworth

Can I just point out that contrary to what remainers will have you believe, not all of us voted out of Europe solely because of immigration... the left will force this down your throat that we are all racists but its simply not the case.

Immigration and freedom of movement was definitely an issue but above all else it was the pathetic red tape and restrictions business owners like myself had to deal with and the European Court.

I hear ya....there were many time in the u.s. where it felt like and still does that the gov cared more about illegal aliens than citizen.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join