It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Independence Day (Brexit)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

"We will not go quietly into the night!
We will not vanish without a fight!
We're going to live on!
We're going to survive!"
Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

Independence Day , the movie.
Just sounded appropriate (to me)
The UK becomes the UK again.

Cheers to y'all.

2nd day of independance today. Man it feels good

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Yay we are free!!! (kind of)

The deal is not the best deal as we still have to pay the EU to fish in our own waters but at least we are free from the EU's institutions and we can deviate away from their disturbing future path.

I'm waiting for all these millions of jobs that will be lost and for the housing market to crash. After all, the remainiacs and the media did say we would fall of a cliff if we vote to leave. Well we voted to leave and we have now left, even in these Covid times and still no falling of a cliff. Oh dear talk about egg on your face lol

Just shows how shocking the media and politicians with their scare-mongering and they all have be found out to be completely wrong. I wonder if any remainiacs on here will admit they were played and lied to...

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Wooooo, the independance of Scotland, the reunification of Ireland and Gibraltar leaving the UK, whats not to look forward celebrating?!

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka
Wooooo, the independance of Scotland, the reunification of Ireland and Gibraltar leaving the UK, whats not to look forward celebrating?!

Wishful thinking my friend.

Though the notion of Scotland getting independance to then hand it back to the EU is hilarious.

Not that the EU would let Scotland in any way... Spain might have something to say about that

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: glen200376

The reason most people voted out was because of the EASTERN Europeans that flooded and took job's even in deprived areas leaving our own kid's with no jobs, the FRENCH allowing migrant's that they are legally obliged to either care for or send back to the first EU nation they entered Europe by or whichever nation they entered France from to instead set up camps across the channel and illegally pour into our nation, to harass and threaten lorry drivers and caravan owners whom were just passing by etc.

We probably would never have voted out except for these factors, that said Brussels is even more corrupt than our own parliament so?, maybe we will be better off.

But still Boris should never have compromised on the fishing those are our waters and OUR SOVEREGN TERRITORY.

Sounds horrible ...

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Can I just point out that contrary to what remainers will have you believe, not all of us voted out of Europe solely because of immigration... the left will force this down your throat that we are all racists but its simply not the case.

Immigration and freedom of movement was definitely an issue but above all else it was the pathetic red tape and restrictions business owners like myself had to deal with and the European Court.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm

Wishful thinking my friend.

Though the notion of Scotland getting independance to then hand it back to the EU is hilarious.

Not that the EU would let Scotland in any way... Spain might have something to say about that

Handing it back to the EU as in once again have a say about the rules and regulations applied as an equal partner in the EU, unlike the UK which now has to submit to EU rules and regulations without any say in the matter or loose the advantages of the trade deal?

Yeah that would surely be *horrible*.

Besides, I'm sure practically giving Gibraltar to Spain would help smooth things over a little.
edit on 2-1-2021 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: merka

unlike the UK which now has to submit to EU rules and regulations

No we don't.

Do you not understand what Brexit was all about ?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

No we don't.

We all understand what Brexit was about but we also all understand what you finally got, haha. The final part of the sentence is kind of important for the context.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

No we don't.

We all understand what Brexit was about but we also all understand what you finally got, haha. The final part of the sentence is kind of important for the context.

If you understand what Brexit was all about, then why post the idiotic comment that The UK still has to folow EU rules.

You just make yourself look a fool.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm

2nd day of independance today. Man it feels good

2nd day of independence and our new found freedom isn't anywhere the near front page any more.

Instead, the government is already on the back foot over COVID and schools.

Most people feel the same they did on the 31st of December.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If you understand what Brexit was all about, then why post the idiotic comment that The UK still has to folow EU rules.

You just make yourself look a fool.

Errr. You do know what the trade deal entails, don't you?

Free trade unless one of the parties starts to deviate from existing EU rules.

The moment Great Britain (not the UK, remember, because different rules apply in Ulster) stops following EU rules, the trade deal is compromised.

edit on 2-1-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

You do know what the trade deal entails, don't you?

Do you ?

The UK may have won the power to diverge from EU rules, but the new relationship will be one of constant renegotiation

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

You do know what the trade deal entails, don't you?

Do you ?

The UK may have won the power to diverge from EU rules, but the new relationship will be one of constant renegotiation

www.theguardian.com...

Did you even read the article you linked?

But it did not avoid signing up to strict conditionality. Great Britain now has the ability to diverge from EU rules in future – but doing so could lead to it losing the benefits of the trade agreement, and tariffs being reimposed, for example.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Did you actually read what you wrote ? Here it is again.

The UK does not have to submit to EU rules, which i have already told you.

The UK can diverge from EU rules if it so wishes. Which part of that do you not understand ?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Did you actually read what you wrote ? Here it is again.

The UK does not have to submit to EU rules, which i have already told you.

The UK can diverge from EU rules if it so wishes. Which part of that do you not understand ?

You know you could quote *the entire sentence I wrote*. I never said they couldnt diverge. English isnt my first language but did I really fail THAT hard at the conjunction so that the latter half of the sentence is read to mean nothing for the first? You know, this:

"unlike the UK which now has to submit to EU rules and regulations without any say in the matter or loose the advantages of the trade deal?"

With the "without any say the matter" part I meant without any way to affect EU rules and regulations applied to EU-UK trade (which as per the deal, once again, the UK is obligated to follow) since they are no longer an EU member, if you needed that further explained.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Let me help you. Here is what you wrote.

unlike the UK which now has to submit to EU rules

The UK does not HAVE TO submit to EU rules which i have demonstrated.

Is that really that hard for you to understand ?
edit on 2-1-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Let me help you. Here is what you wrote.

unlike the UK which now has to submit to EU rules

The UK does not HAVE TO submit to EU rules which i have demonstrated.

Is that really that hard for you to understand ?

You are of course correct we no longer have to submit to EU rules.

We just will submit to EU rules that we no longer have a say in making.

That sounds do much better...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join