It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone work in healthcare or a hospital? Are you seeing a Covid resurgence?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Krakatoa

I believe I have seen you do your angry dance before Krakatoa - a whiles back

I'm doing just fine in my home - just don't you worry your pretty little head

Cheers - and all that

Was my last post too close to the truth for you?
Too bad.
Truth hurts....even about the way many people are being played like fiddles over this pandemic. And, that is not me denying it, as this is not a binary situation. There are many different aspects and levels of risk assessment and management. Just because I don't succumb to the media hype, does not equate to denial.

Yes, a difficult concept for many in these days of zero tolerance.

Nuance is a thing.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Considering Dominion is behind all the election Fraud which is also now behind most the worlds election fraud which I found out today and Trump has all the evidence. Then its important to understand that those COVID sstates come from....

You ready for it? .....

COVID-19 Antibody

What a coincidence right? DOMINION!! and in the first line stats....

Serological tests for SARS-CoV-2, while not intended as a primary diagnostic tool for COVID-19, are used to detect antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Does not even test for COVID fking madness....
edit on 18-11-2020 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I work in ITU in the UK. Im So shocked at the disregard for this virus. Our ITUs are completely full of sick and dying people Only a week ago we lost a 32 year old and her unborn baby. What else can I say?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanrak77
I work in ITU in the UK. Im So shocked at the disregard for this virus. Our ITUs are completely full of sick and dying people Only a week ago we lost a 32 year old and her unborn baby. What else can I say?

But, you also need to realize it is not like that in every hospital everywhere. That is not denying or making light of this bug, just putting it into perspective.

The hospital my wife works at has laid off over 700 people since this began because the media and govt here has told people not to burden the hospitals for fear of overwhelming them. They are not going to the hospital even for emergency treatment and regular ongoing treatment of diabetes, etc... for fear of catching it from the hospital. So, the hospital cannot make enough money to keep the staff it needs if they have a rush.

Fact is, the only areas getting hit the hardest in my area are the LTX and nursing homes. Those patients are NOT going into the main hospitals for treatment either. So, the only area that is swamped in her hospital is the micro-lab (where she works) that is flat out processing covid-19 tests. So much so that they are running out of reagent and materials for running the tests. And, the hospital is having a tough time finding replacements since the manufacturers cannot keep up with the demand.

I have a very close relationship with this bug, and have read pretty much ALL the raw data, white papers, and CDC materials on this bug too.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just a reminder; hospitals, in order to run a profit have to run at 85% occupancy.

This is pre-covid and even post-covid numbers.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just a reminder; hospitals, in order to run a profit have to run at 85% occupancy.

Exactly! People may not like it, but the reality is hospitals are a business. They need to run at a profit or they will close. Already 2 in our county have already closed, and what remnants of the staff there have been transferred to the hospital my wife NOW works at (she worked for 32 years in the same hospital that closed because of all this).

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanrak77
We had 11 dead yesterday, 10 today, almost 1500 new infections in last 2 days, deaths and infections far surpassing what it was in spring, and no, we dont have anywhere near these #s at flu season.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Thats an American thing sadly.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
We had 11 dead yesterday, 10 today, almost 1500 new infections in last 2 days, deaths and infections far surpassing what it was in spring, and no, we dont have anywhere near these #s at flu season.

What were the ages and health conditions of those 22 people?
How many in your town/city?
Where were those folks living before they got sick (i.e. an elderly care center, high-rise apt complex, etc...)?

I ask because it matters how you manage that type of situation. The answer is NOT to shut down the entire county/state/country. Ring isolation is the answer here....ring the affected areas only.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Where were those folks living before they got sick (i.e. an elderly care center, high-rise apt complex, etc...)?

I ask because it matters how you manage that type of situation. The answer is NOT to shut down the entire county/state/country. Ring isolation is the answer here....ring the affected areas only.

It's not just 22 people, thats just last 2 days..it's getting out of hand. ICU filled up in more than a few hospitals.
Mostly older, but a 30 year old died after being sick 3 days, a young pregnant woman had to be intubated, and baby cut out of her..no joke. We have 2.8 million people.
I'm not for lockdowns, I just wish people could work together but some just wont, f#cks it for the rest. We were doing quite well..1 death every few days..not that those who died or their families consider that well. There is an ethnic segment of our local population that says F U, we dont have to do anything. This is 75% of the current problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It's not just 22 people, thats just last 2 days..it's getting out of hand. ICU filled up in more than a few hospitals.
Mostly older, but a 30 year old died after being sick 3 days, a young pregnant woman had to be intubated, and baby cut out of her..no joke. We have 2.8 million people.
I'm not for lockdowns, I just wish people could work together but some just wont, f#cks it for the rest. We were doing quite well..1 death every few days..not that those who died or their families consider that well. There is an ethnic segment of our local population that says F U, we dont have to do anything. This is 75% of the current problem.

Well, that sounds horrible. How is your local govt health department and city/county govt reps dealing with it? Are they instituting a ring isolation approach to keep it from spreading further beyond you area? See, it's a local solution since not all areas are affected in the same way.

That is my point here. Blanket widespread "solutions" and lockdowns do not target the areas in need. It spreads the necessary materials and expertise too thin. Doing that will never solve anything since it cannot adequately address the situation and contain it at all.

In my town, 99% of the cases are in a single chronic care facility. Yet, the state govt says we all need to lockdown. That kills vital businesses, which are run by people, families, and cause widespread strife in people that are not exposed to that isolated infections population.

Does that make any sense???

No, because it is based upon fear only. Fear results in very poor decisions, always has always will.

The only thing we have to fear is, fear itself.

Wise words indeed.....and still very apropos today.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

This notice is to address any confusion between Dominion Diagnostics, LLC headquartered in North Kingstown, RI and Dominion Voting Systems Corporation headquartered in Denver, CO. These two organizations are entirely independent with no common ownership, directors, or employees.

Is a weird coincidence though.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Our county has been running roughly 1 a day on a bad day since this last spike began. That's out of sometimes over a 100 new cases.

So the thing is that it's mostly the younger set who've been getting sick, meaning they mostly all get well.

edit on 18-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Well, that sounds horrible. How is your local govt health department and city/county govt reps dealing with it? Are they instituting a ring isolation approach to keep it from spreading further beyond you area? See, it's a local solution since not all areas are affected in the same way.

That is my point here. Blanket widespread "solutions" and lockdowns do not target the areas in need. It spreads the necessary materials and expertise too thin. Doing that will never solve anything since it cannot adequately address the situation and contain it at all.

In my town, 99% of the cases are in a single chronic care facility. Yet, the state govt says we all need to lockdown. That kills vital businesses, which are run by people, families, and cause widespread strife in people that are not exposed to that isolated infections population.

Does that make any sense???

No, because it is based upon fear only. Fear results in very poor decisions, always has always will.

The only thing we have to fear is, fear itself.

Wise words indeed.....and still very apropos today.

Well, the problem here, for the most part is people, people partying, halloween, some particular religious functions, then schools, people getting it at work, gyms have been spreaders,..etc. When this kicked off, we had lockdown light. Gyms, theatres, schools, indoor dining, where stopped, many other stores/shops closed due to the hassle. Visits to care homes were stopped, still that way..yet one home today, has 101 cases, 38 staff, the rest residents. It's staff bringing it in, staff live amongst the rest of us. The old folks, already are isolated..so wth do we do?

edit on 18-11-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So the thing is that it's mostly the younger set who've been getting sick, meaning they mostly all get well.

Sure, but they spread it, right back to square 1.

I'm just very frustrated.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I understand your frustration, and it is valid. But, the solution is not to treat everyone as children and punish us all by locking us in our room. Punish those that cause the problem. If it is an elder care worker, then deal with them directly for that indiscretion. We need is to take the emotional and political response out of the solution.

Its like the old idea of a "whipping boy". When something goes wrong, it's easier to whip that boy than solve the problem. But, the problem never gets solved. It only eases your frustration, the problem still exists until the next time. And each time you whip that boy....eventually, that boy dies or turns the tables on you. And then you have even more problems on your hand in addition to the original problem.

edit on 11/18/2020 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Again with this. I’m but trying to advance an agenda. I’m saying wear your fuc$$ng mask and stop spreading your own personal beliefs as facts.

Conspiracy people have forgotten correlation doesn’t mean causation. As conspiracy things became more mainstream now correlation is proof.

I’m not telling you not to have Independent though, but that doesn’t give anyone the right to put others at risk based upon your personal beliefs.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I understand your frustration, and it is valid. But, the solution is not to treat everyone as children and punish us all by locking us in our room. Punish those that cause the problem. If it is an elder care worker, then deal with them directly for that indiscretion. We need is to take the emotional and political response out of the solution.

Its like the old idea of a "whipping boy". When something goes wrong, it's easier to whip that boy than solve the problem. But, the problem never gets solved. It only eases your frustration, the problem still exists until the next time. And each time you whip that boy....eventually, that boy dies or turns the tables on you. And then you have even more problems on your hand in addition to the original problem.

The problem is, by the time you catch it(the spreader), its far too late. I don't know the answer..well the answer is not doable, nor do I want it, which is hardcore lockdown.

It frustrates me because it was going ok. The govt has been doing it's best not to force anything like masks..that type of thing is a request, and as far as businesses are concerned..up to them. Most have mask requirements, but there is minimal enforcement. I think a bunch of Halloween party stuff set this in motion, now waiting for the hit from some religious holiday stuff, where thousands of people, who live intergenerationally are partying it up no distancing, no masks..or very little. What do you realistically do?
edit on 18-11-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

Again with this. I’m but trying to advance an agenda. I’m saying wear your fuc$$ng mask and stop spreading your own personal beliefs as facts.

Conspiracy people have forgotten correlation doesn’t mean causation. As conspiracy things became more mainstream now correlation is proof.

I’m not telling you not to have Independent though, but that doesn’t give anyone the right to put others at risk based upon your personal beliefs.

Your beliefs are just as valid as everyone else's beliefs. You may not like it, and that's OK.
That is reality.

What do you do? If the fear of this bug is so high for you, then stay home. Implement a self-lockdown. That is all you can control. Calling others idiots or selfish, or other derogatory remarks will never convince anyone of your point. I understand the frustration, but all you can do is manage your little circle.

Period.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Oh, and regarding masks, here is a real study....with a control group and fully isolated testing on the efficacy of mask wearing and Covid-19 protection.

This study is from the New England Journal of Medicine. A reputable medical journal....and a good data source.

SARS-CoV-2 Transmission among Marine Recruits during Quarantine

BTW: This is how you convince people.....real data not hyperbole and anecdotal evidence clouded by fear and emotion.

edit on 11/19/2020 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join