It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton was a great president.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Things were great w/Clinton was in charge & the Republicans know it! Explain to me, CLinton's great econmy is credited to Reagan & Bush sr. but the bad economy under Bush is Clinton's fault!

Its just NOT TRUE! Check my Clinton accomplishments list that the White House & National Archives has documneted.DO YOU know more than the White House? They've recognized Clinton for this.He has been praised for stengthening the economy so theres no basis of fact in your Bullsh*# claim!

Yes, *yawn*I know what a Krazy Ivan is FM.I'm 1/2 Estonian(do you even know where that is?) I was pointing out the irony to his name & his lack of facts.Try to keep up with us here.AFter a while you sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown.

Qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa Clinton is bad qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa CLinton is to blame for economy qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa qwa.

On second though, Repoublicans sound more like the Borg.They have only one collective though & they feel nothing. "Resistance is futile.Clinton must be destroyed". Keep saying that to yourself,meanwhile he just keeps getting more & more & popular!

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Romantico, second guessed doesn't take away legitimacy. You just have no desire to recognize that.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If you can disprove what the White House has DOCUMENTED on their own site & the National Archives, I would show some interest. I won't argue with you that Clinton hasn't done some things that are shady(I'm sure EVERY President has done some sort of gray dealings)WHat gets me is you'll focus ONLY on the negative, where I say theres more positive than negataive.I can see these strengths in Reagan & Bush sr. & I'm sure you'll agree with me 100% when I point out there strengths, but when it comes to ANYTHING remotely pro-Clinton, the red flag goes up & you shoot it down with out question! How can anyone trust you when your clearly bias towards Clinton? I can say pro-comments about Republican Presidents I just don't care for but I still don't care for them or their politics.This not only makes you un-fair but also shows your obsessive goal to demonize anything good Clinton did.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is the funniest thread I have read here in a long time.
You guys really need to talk to or better yet hear the 'poop' from a 'fly on the wall'.
You should know by now that the only thing you know (spelled hear) is what one side or the other wants you to hear (spelled know)
I get a real kick out of listening to people defend their guy and dispell the other guy, when neither of them really know what happened or went on, only the version that was made public by one side or the other.
You people would sh*t blue feathers if you really knew what happened in most of the situations that you have tried in vain to explain here. But, you never will and it is entertaining to read your versions nontheless.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well romantico you must have not even a penny to your name to think the economy was "great" with Clinton...yeah sure it was great until '99 - 2000 then we saw the error of "hyper-charging" the economy...just doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Whether you are/were pro-Clinton or not, this gives one pause...
very interesting....

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and
injured 1,000; President Clinton promised that those responsible
would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S.
Military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be
hunted down and punished.

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19
and injured 200 U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those
responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224
and injured 5,000; Clinton promised that those responsible! would be

After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured
39 U.S. sailors; Clinton promised that those responsible would be

Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated 3,000 people in
New York and Washington, D.C. that are now dead would be alive
today.

And, now that Bush is taking action to bring these people to
justice, we have opponents charging him with being a war monger...

AN INTERESTING QUESTION:
This question was raised on a Philly radio call-in show.

Without casting stones, it is a legitimate question.

There are two men, both extremely wealthy. One develops relatively
cheap software and gives billions of dollars to charity. The other
sponsors terrorism. That being the case, why was it that the Clinton
Administration spent more money chasing down Bill Gates over the
past eight years than Osama bin Laden?

THINK ABOUT IT!

It is a strange turn of events.
Hillary gets $8 Million for her forthcoming memoir.
Bill gets about $12 Million for his memoir yet to be written.
This from two people who have spent 8 years being unable
to recall anything about past events while under oath!

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
When the WTC was attacked the 1st time in 93 (weeks after Clinton took office) Those responsible were caught & brought to justice! Get your facts staright! You have no idia how many errors are in your last post. May I suggest Snopes? Your 3rd grade remarks can easily be debunked. Scary how wrong you are.Go check your facts.Besides, ever hear of a guy named Osama Bin Laden? You might wanna do a Google search to find out who he is because OBVIOUSLY you don't know JACK!Or how about Saddam Hussein? Bush has just let these monsters go & yet you spew non-sense & lies about Clinton. (sigh) Do your homework Junior, you have the makings of a Fox News reporters.Try checking facts.

Freemason, I did make money under Clinton & I know plenty who did.But go on thinking CLinton's economic success was due to Reagan or Bush, I'll be in the corner laughing.THANK GOD the majority does not think as you do!

Saw on C-Span a month or so ago Clinton speaking at the University of Arkansas to students in his CLinton Presidency class. Just compare the country's atmnosphere during Clinton's 2 terms with how it is now is such a difference.Add thatnto the economy,interantional integrity,etc & Bush has simply ruined everything!

Clinton explained the difference between Republicans & Democrats.He said they are driven by ideology,a cultural sense of entitlement, & resentment.Democrats are driven by the nees for argument+evidence, & hope as opposed to fear.Also said its very dangerous for any group to think of the WHite House as theirs, & emphasized that even the parking spaces for the West Wing belong to the people. He said one of the problems today with politics is peole are just spouting off things, & he brought up the sodomy laws in Texas recently(Senator Rick Santorum)His comment was:do you have any evidence to support it.People can't support or justify what they are saying,they are just talking.(I believe the video is still on C-span's website, if anyone would like to chekc it out)

Anyway,he is so right about his remarks! Like all these twisted Morons who said Clinton was responsible for 9/11 GIMMIE A BREAK! 'No one dies when Clinton lied is very good.I made a bumper sticker of that & my friend bought a t-shirt w.that caption. It not only covers Bush's lies about the invasion of Iraq but also about the warnings of the impending 9/11 attacks.It also reminds people of the peace & prosperity before the Bush regime.And finally,it makes the Reich WIng reveal their bizarre & hate filled mental instability towards Clinton & Democrats in general.The more decent people,especially independant voters,see the Reich WIng of the Republikkkan party the more repulsed they are!

A Picture of TRUE leadership! Clinton was asked to give the key address at Mandela's 85th Birthday.Good to know MY Presidnet is still at work making the USA look good!

story.news.yahoo.com.../030719/168/4q96n.html

[Edited on 20-7-2003 by romantico]

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I really don't care for any of them. No one in the White House, Pentagon or Congress is to be trusted...

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I've allways found it interesting that when Bush was appointed president his adminastration didn't think the US neeed such a large military, that a two war senerio was no longer feasable. Yet now they have changed their minds.

Under clinton the military was reduced and streamlined. Good thing cuz Bush wouldn't be able to do what he's doing with the old structure. Kinda like Carter. Reganites put carter down also but he was responsable for those cruise missels we now use with great effect.

Clinton was for new economy while Bush/Cheny were for the old economy. Once Bush was appointed, investors saw the writing on the wall an pulled out of the stock market (6 trillion $$$). No one has confindence in his economic wisdom. Although I wouln't put it past the republicans to short the market while it was going down the tubes, making millions in the process.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Romantico, Bill Clinton was a horrible president, history understands that...why don't you?

He is responsible for the recession it was his 8 years that started it...Bush didn't start it, his budget wasn't even approved before it happend!

But then what do you know about government?

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
from another topic from USMC Harrier, (hope you don't mind me posting this USMC,but its a brilliant post!)

"I still have to shake my head whenever I hear how awful Clinton was from the righties in here.

I know that I myself & mnay of my friends & peers were far better off during Bill's WH run then since Shrub took office.

With Clinton:
I made more money

I had more time for my family,
only working about 46 hours per week

My 401(K) was growing daily

All of my friends & peers were happily employed & doing quite well also

With Shrub:

I've not seen an increease in 3 years & my pay was actually cut by 10% in 2000,still haven't got that back

I'm spending 60+hours a week in the office & less time w/my family

My 401(K) has shrunk & seen no gains at all

Many of my friends/peers have been laid off & have watched as all of our jobs flow over to Asian countries that are full of Muslims who claim to hate is westerners but sure seem to have great affection for our money & jobs!!!

Oh yeah...Shrub has also seen fit to go finish a war his daddy started 12 years prior!!Nice Job! I do support our troops in everything they do,they are the best in the world...but daddy should have finished this 12 years ago when the cost in dollars & lives would have been shared among the coillition rather than shouldered by the USA alone.

And the righties all hate Clinton because of a blowjob in the oval office?BFD!!!

I will always vote for my wallet over marality any time!!

Shrub is history & a portion we will try hard to forget...the time that a crackhead alcoholic got to be pResident!!!Only in America"

Again, I think thats one of the most honest posts I have ever read in here!

A Further comment on the Clinton scandals! Everytime I am forced to deal w/this bizarre period in our history I can't help but remember all of the folks at the time who said "What will we tell our children?(BTW.of the folks who said this on the televison back in 1998 & 1999,how many of them are now divorced-including some of the major players in the Republican party?Quite a large number I'd wager)

I don't know about you but I can tell you that it was a hell of alot easier to explain Clinotn's moral lapse(he didn't leave his wife I'll emind you)to children than the reason behind the war in Iraq.I was astonished at how many parents in my nephews 8 year old's class copped out & told their kids we were invading for some sort of good reason.

In a few years when they're old enough to read history books,I can't help but wonder what these kids are going to think about this astonishing lie told to them by their parents.

My nephew was 4 years old when the scandal broke.One afternoon,my brother told me he wanted to know what everyone was talking about involving the president.My brother told him that he wasn't faithful to his wife & that it was a terrible thing to do.However,it had NOTHING to do with the President's ability to be President,just like it has nothing to do w/anyone's else holding their job.

My nephew & I have since had many discussions about it(he knows I'm a Clinton lover & thank God my brother & his wife aren't as cruel as some parents who spread hateful lies)He is capable of understanding the truth & I suspect most children are capable of understanding it as well.In this world,sadly enough,children see this ort of thing around them all the time(he knows many kids from school who's parent's have divorced over the exact same thing Clinton has done & he looks up to the President for working out his problems with the Senator)

Would that the same were true about unnecessary & immoral wars.

Well, come to think of it,I guess that sort of thing is commonplace nowadays.

Freemason, your all wet about Clinton! CLinton was one of our best President!Even now, he's representing MY country & yours & he's doing a far better job than the Coward we have in office now!

www.clintonpresidentialcenter.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
chew on this

www.sftt.org...
Special%20Reports.db&command=viewone&op=t&id=
11&rnd=936.9969633090665

Bush Screws Our War Heroes

GOP blocking abolishment of Disabled Veterans Tax

By Joseph L. Galloway

WASHINGTON - Its formal title is The Retired Pay Restoration Act of 2003. Veterans say it is a long overdue measure to end what they have nicknamed The Disabled Veterans Tax. By either name it is a hot-button issue for 670,000 disabled American military veterans.

What the bill would do is redress a century-old injustice - a law that says anyone who retires after a full career of military service and draws retirement pay will have that pay reduced, dollar for dollar, for any payment received from the Veterans Administration for permanent service-connected disability.

In other words, if a military retiree is judged 100 percent disabled as a consequence of old war wounds or Agent Orange or bone damage from jumping out of airplanes, he would draw a maximum disability payment of $2,300 per month. His retired pay would disappear entirely, under the law.

Curiously, if a former soldier served only a two or four-year tour and was later judged disabled he would draw full disability payments with no reduction for any other payments he might receive from Social Security or a government or private retirement plan.

It is those who served honorably for at least 20 years and sometimes more than 30 years who are subject to the Disabled Veterans Tax.

The long-promised relief is hung up in Congress this summer and looks like it may well die in committee. It is estimated by the Congressional Budget Office that redressing the retirees' grievance would cost the Treasury between $3 billion and $5 billion a year, and the Bush administration has turned thumbs down because they see it as a budget-buster.

It is a cruel fate, given the fact that 82 percent of the members of the House and Senate, Republicans and Democrats alike, have signed as co-sponsors of the act and have voiced strong support for its passage.

The House bill boasts 345 named co-sponsors, 170 of them Republicans. But when Rep. Jim Marshall, D-Ga., whose district includes the Columbus-Fort Benning area with thousands of military retirees, initiated a Discharge Petition to bring the bill to the House floor for a vote, only one of the 170 Republican co-sponsors was willing to sign the petition.

The other 169 Republicans are missing in action, and the veterans say they know why. "Republican representatives are being forced to represent the White House," complains retired Air Force Lt. Col. B.E. Cushing, a Florida resident. He adds that the word is that the Republican leadership is "urging and even threatening" members to keep them from signing the Discharge Petition.

For a century the cost has kept Congress from doing what it knows is the right thing, separating military retiree pensions from the disability payments that grow directly out of dangerous service to the nation.

The disparity was built into military pension law in 1891 when such payments for disabling wounds were enacted into law to benefit veterans of service in the Union Army in the Civil War. By then a number of former Confederate veterans sat in Congress, including Sen. Francis Marion Cockrell of

continued at site
Which Pres was the good one?

Inquiring tut's want to know

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
romantico, I'd sooner go to war against "Your Country" then watch it go to hell because of people who obviously have no clue what the Democrats are doing to this nation.

You blind-communist.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
there you go again rant'in and rav'in and insult'in

what about republicans, they do not seem to be doing anything that resembles truth, justice, and the american way

bush doesn't care about this country, he cares about himself first, that should be obvious

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
That's not a rant rave or insult, Democrats in this country are nothing short of Communistic these days, and they gain votes off of the ignorance of the masses.

No one in thier right mind would vote for the almighty central government that the democrats want.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Don't like what we say? Call us a witch/Communist & call the Minisrty of Homeland Security!

This is for you Freemason!

In an alternate Universe, we tune into the Rush Limbaugh show.

Bill Clinton, a Republican, is President. The year is 2000

RUSH: John? You there?

JOHN: Hello Rush, megga dittos! Love your show.

RUSH: Thanks John, whats on your mind?

JOHN: What is with the Demo'Rats? We have a President that is doing a great job with this country & all they can do is harp, harp, harp about ONE mistake this man has made! The liberal media & Democratic congress has attacked this fine man worse than a pack of sharks in a tuna factory!

RUSH: People,people,people....let me tell ya', the Democrats can't stand the fact that this Gentleman has pulled this nation of ours from the wallowing hole of debt,lowered the unemployment rate,sent the Dow to absolutely soaring heights & created the strongest economy this country has known in years. They & their sniveling attack dog, Kenn Starr, will do anything to smear Clinton's past greatness! (shuffling papers) They are making up lies about his business dealings & attacking his beautiful wife Hillary as well. Why hell, these disgusting craetures have even begun insulting their innocent daughter Chelsea. I mean really, you would have to be a tiny, insecure,excuse of a person with absolutley NO decency to attack a poor defensless teenager!I mean really, how low can you go?!

Flash forward 2 years later. George W.Bush, a Democrat is President.

RUSH: We have a caller from Jacksonville,FL. Pam?Are you there?

PAM:Hi Rush, love your show.(sigh) I just want to say, what the heck is going on with the American people?Can 65% of the public really support this low life President?

RUSH:.....I'm here to tell you folks out there,the polls are all lies! The liberal media & its whores have put their shiled of deception around George Bush like a tearful mother.I've said it again & again....Democrat Presidents like George Bush are only capable of destroying the gains made by past Republicans. I mean,look what has happened in the short time this idiot...yes I said, IDIOT!...has been in charge. The markets are in shambles,people are literally starving because they can't find work,his own brothers daughter is a crack coc aine addict & all this imbecile can do is rant & rave about some third world backwater of a country is going to destroy us! Does the media really think we're that stupid? He allowed 9/11 to happen! He is terrified of an investigation. He vacations while terrosit plot attacks against his own people, & now he wags the dog & goes to war with a country saying they are a threat to us where in fact we're learning they are not! He lied about uranium in his SOTUS, the Jessica Lynch story has more holes in it than a golf course, we have soldiers over in Iraq angry wanting to go home, & this Bozo tells us lie after lie after lie!(sigh) We gotta go, be back after the break!

The moral of the stroy Freemason? Its pretty simple actually. Clinton was impeached because he lied. When your guy lies,its okay. Republicans only care about rule of law when they are weilding it, but don't want to be held to the same standards by which they judge others.Typical Right Wing hypocrisy. Keep ranting Freemason, I'm just getting started!

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by romantico]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ugh romantico you just live in your own little world, totally ignoring reality.

Clinton was Impeached because of other certain crimes, that were not Impeachable (such as the sale of ICBM technology to China under the principle that China would use it to launch Satellites, and the sale of Uranium to N. Korea even though he was TOLD that N. Korea was attempting to refine it to weapon's grade).

Clinton was Impeached on his only Impeachable act, being immoral while in office. Getting a blow job and thus commiting adultery, is immoral.

That was the Impeachable act, number 1. Number 2 came when he obstructed justice, by trying to "cover it up".

And then lying while in a court under oath.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It was wrong for Bill to lie, but c'mon.Impeached for that?The reich wing Nazis were SOOOOOOOOO desperate to get him on something,this was the best they could do!

Your the one living your own dream world.Clinton is respected world wide & you are the only one too blind to see it because your ignorance & blind rage refuse to see the good the man has done.

Clinton got his eductaion the old fashioned way-he arned it.By all accounts,he did a damn good job too.Perhaps it was the lack of silver spoon, or just plain intelligence. Cjelsea is making the same for herslef. from what I've read she was a top student & RHodes Scholar just like her dad.

USA TODAY back in June printed a story on Respect for Bill Clinton rebounds among many Americans. He ranked as the Nation's 3rd best Cheif Executive according to CNN/USA TODAYS/Gallup poll. Lincoln(chosen by 15%) & JFK(13%) finished ahead of Clinton(11%)

Clinton ranking the best has more than doubled in the past two years-& why Bush managed only to tie Clinton ranking.(often sitting presidents do well)

'Its the economy stupid'-the mantra of CLinton's 1992 campaign that bounced Bush the father out of the WH-is again the prevailing political reality.As economic conditions worsen on the watch of Bush-the-son,the good economic times prevailed during the Clinton years boost boost his image,espeically among younger Americans.Clinton was considered the best President by 29% of 18 to 29 year olds.Only 10% of that group picked Bush.

2 years of Bush will do that for you & hopefully these kids will vote in 2004!!! I'm sure they will remember that Clinton was ELECTED TWICE (w/out voter fraud & w/out having a bunch of operatives stop the vote count) Something Bush stole from Americans in the last sElection. We got stuck with a Selected pResident not the one most Americans voted for.Yup, 8 years of peace & prosperity replaced by 3 years of misery.
People are waking up.I'm sure they're are 17,000 more people each day who think far better of Clinton today as they wait in line to file unemployment.

SO Freemason, continue to view the world in your little Shangra La. I found this pretty neat site.Says it all!

liberalslikechrist.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
"Clinton was Impeached because of other certain crimes, that were not Impeachable"

LMAO!!!

Where'd ya come up with that one.lol

Are you sure you can say "blow job" on ATS?

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Energy wave, Clinton did several things that do not count in the list of impeachable offenses.

Such as selling ICBM technology to China, and the continued selling of Uranium to N. Korea, even when told that they were making Nuclear materials with it, not power...which they have done so now.

These are not impeachable offenses, but Congress and others WANTED to impeach him.

Finally with Monica Lewinsky comes a reason to do so. And so they lept at it with all possible attempts to succeed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join