It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton was a great president.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Clinton,unlike Bush, didn't shun contact w.people,including his enemies. He had the kind of presidency where Newt Gingrich's mother was welcomed for White House tours & Jesse Helms was invited to State dinners. CLinton delat w/hecklers & faced an often hostile press.Bush sends his goons out to do his dirty work.

Unlike Bush,who seems to confine himself to photo opportunities,scripted press conferences,(& previous few of those),plus choregraphed public events, Clinton actually had contact w/the public. Besides obviously enjoying greeting crowds in the US & abroad, Clinton could be found out & about in the community,as could his family. I doubt we will ever hear Bush greeting people in the community near Camp David or doing impromptou shopping at Union Station or the Museum of Woen in the Arts.

Actually, if you want to read one of the warmest profiles of Clinton I've ever seen, read Mary McGrory's column on him published the weekend he left office. McGrory has often been a tough critic of his, but she got to meet the real man, & her tribute is breathtaking.

Like I mentioned, Clinton's impromtu abilities were amazing! I still marvel at his him in an interview or a town hall style meeting. The man is just amazing,his delivery,tone clarity,etc. Clinton does it off the cuff, because all that knowledge,expierence,study. & command of issues & fact, plus the communication skills to deliver it are all in his head. CLinton does it w/out cue cards or 3x5 index cards, or teleprompters or ear bugs.

Watching this speech of his at the University of Arkansas, Clinton talked about regrets & some mistakes he made in office & things he wish he could have done. You will NEVER hear Bush talk about his flaws.NEVER! Clinton proves to the peole that he is just a human being. We sometimes think of our leaders like some kind of Holy relic.The Royal family DEMANDS respect & the same w/the Pope. Clinton reminded us that he's no different than you or me.One of the most incredible intellect of any President in memory. I'd love to know how he stacks against some of our early leaders...maybe Jefferson.

What really impressed me was he kept saying, "If I'd had more time I would have figured it out"(this or that problem)

So DAMN smart! Clinton won way more than he lost.

Bash away FM!! Clinton is WAAAAAAAY out of your league! The man is keeping busy, making more money than the Clinton haters ever dreamed, winning respect from people all over the world, his memoirs will out sell his wifes,etc,etc,etc. Clinton won't go a way! Deal with it!

Just to show how BIG of a man Clinton is he defended Bush today!

www.cnn.com...

Just wait, the Clinton haters will say, "Yeah, Clinton HAD to say this" or "First time the SOB has been right about anything". I can hear it all now. Clinton, by far one of the BEST politicians of our time. I'll bet Bush will turn around & bash Clinton next week for something. The man you hate FM has shown me that I may have been incorrect on an issue & I may have made a snap judgement.I still need to rer-read it & look into what he says, but Clinton DOES bring up some valid points.

Funny, how Clinton can make Bush sound more intelligent & credible than Bush can.

[Edited on 23-7-2003 by romantico]

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Romantico, I found a nice pic for you.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
And you know who that boner is for...his driver!

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Freebie, did you just say I'm giving you a boner? Down boy!
Lets just be friends (wink,wink, nudge,nudge)

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Energy wave, Clinton did several things that do not count in the list of impeachable offenses.

Such as selling ICBM technology to China, and the continued selling of Uranium to N. Korea, even when told that they were making Nuclear materials with it, not power...which they have done so now.

These are not impeachable offenses, but Congress and others WANTED to impeach him.

Finally with Monica Lewinsky comes a reason to do so. And so they lept at it with all possible attempts to succeed.

sounds like he #ed us all!

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Romantico, telling a lie over and over does not make it any closer to the truth. The evidence is overwhelming thatthe DNC did everything they could, in conjunction with their media lapdogs, to steal the presidency. Get over it and drive on.

As far as your prophesy that even a troubled boy with fantasies of killing his mother could be Bush in '04, I'd be careful about betting money on that. I lost money a few years ago because I saw right through Clinton and knew the country wouldn't fall for that scam artist. I then lost even more money four years later. True enough, it wasn't a majority win for Clinton, but I still gave the nation too much credit.
My advice is to keep your wallet in your pocket, unless the democrats come up with a candidate much better than what they are fielding right now. It's not too late, but time is ticking, they need to hurry up!

tom you are very smart for being an unassuming white guy

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
yet another great thread aka flame pit.

so hows this flame fest going ? whos winning?

go get 'em TC

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Good lord I finally got to the end of this crap so I can post a reply!
Romantico are you for real? I think you are pulling a fast one on us! No one could have their lips so firmly placed on Clintons Hinder without getting some of his book advance!
FM you like bush alittle too much my friend lets not hold our leaders so high up in case they fall!
But back to Roman I have read through all of your pro Clinton post and I have yet to see the Facts you claim to have on your side! What I see is an emotional attachment to Clinton that is akin to a religious zeal. This is typical of leftist so dont feel bad ( theres a joke in there) You offer up as evidence of Clinton being a great president that people all over the world want to hear him speak!! Well so what they dont live in the US this is the very reason Clinton was not a great president. Because he valued the worlds opinion more than the US's. He is on record as stateing the UN,s statment on human rights is the greatist human rights document in the history of government. Well the document in question (go to there website) states that all the rights mentioned in it are valid as long as they do not interfere with the goals of the UN. Its at the bottom but its there. Bill Clinton believes the Bill of rights is inferior to this POS! Bill Clinton also believes that the United States is a great nation because of its government and not because of the people or its code of law! Bill Clinton saw no law that expanded the role of Federal Government he didnt like.
Now as to be FAIR AND BALANCED like FOX NEWS IS!!!
GWB has gone out of his way to expand the role of Federal Government aswell the Patriot act is another step in the road to tyrany. And GWB has incressed the Federal budget in some very un-needed places ( the Farm Bill).
The point is dispite what you think of someone on a personal level and dispite what the rest of the world thinks about them you have to look at the ability to make decisions when assesing leadership. Sometimes even the wrong decision is better than no decision at all! I dont think Carter could handle the Iran hostage crisis but at least he approved an attempt to rescue them! That gets to my next point.
Everyone needs to step back and realize that the President has very little direct control over this country. To say that the economy was good as a result of any president is wishfull thinking at best. The POTUS can make appointments to his various offices that exert pressure on the country. Through various rules and regulations and oversite the offices try to control the economic engines of the nation. But they can do as much harm as good thru action or in-action. You cant take the entire economy as a whole and lay the blame or praise at the foot of the POTUS it is too dynamic. That being said there are things in the realm of law that can have a ripple effect on the country the downturn in the economy began with the prosecution of Microsoft which was headed up by the Clinton DOJ. This was an attempt by mirosofts competition to use the federal government to do what they could not do with their products. This was allowed to continue by BC and thus began the fall of the tech industry taking the rest of the ship down with it. Was it BC's fault NO he could not see it coming he wasnt alone most government types thought they would just bring down the big boy and that would be it.
Point is Leaders make decisions based on the info at hand a good leader can see down the road the best leaders can see way down the road. Fact is we haven't had a good leader in a very long time!

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Grenadier

Just for info, FM loved Bush so much that he recently came back to ATS impersonating the supposed POTUS George W Bush, but was impeached and removed from office.

FM was always very good at foreshadowing reality in politics, because he is perfect in his historical re-enactments, being banned under 12 different identities to date.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Bill was a far better president then Bush. Look at George's beaty little eyes and tell me he can be trusted.

huh...I guess i finally agree with somthing in the politics fourm.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Oh jesus, here we go again..Republiklansmen obessed with Clintons sexual habits, Commiecrats who think that Clinton was the best thing since sliced bread.

Ok, this is a Clinton topic, so I shall contribute.

Clinton was hated by his own military for demoralizing it, destructurizing it and making it ten times inefficent than it was before.

People seem to forget Whitewater, Filegate, Chinagate, and Blackhawk. They seem to forget Bosnia, Rwanda, Somilia, and Haiti. Oh yeah, i forgot, the terrorist attacks from Al Qaeda during Clintosn watch, yep, he so showed them not to mess with the US

Yep, 8 years of commiecrat hell was as much fun and as free and enjoyable as the past 3 years under Dubya and the fourth reich. Yep, Heil Clinton, or, wait, hes a commie, i mean, good morning, Commerade Clinton.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Clinton is still treated like a President & is respected world wide.When Clinton spoke,he sounded wondeful & represented my country with pride.Bush can't even read a Cue card or teleprompter!Hell, he can't even use the ear bug they provide him.

Clinton was respected around the world because he hated America more than they did. He was a quintessential anti American. He took sociopathic and sadistic pleasure in flaunting the law and basically corroding our society, sending jobs to mexico, ect. Clinton was openly ruining the US, thats why the world loved him: he turned his sociopathic tendancies inward on us. The world hates Bush because his sociopathic tendancies turned outwards on them.

As long as a US prez #s up America, the world will think hes just hunky dory.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join