It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eddie Van Halen R.I.P.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Why do they all go and leave Keith? I've got nothing against Keith, but he's not Eddy or Neil or any of the others I listened to in my youth.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
World Loss

And some Dutch Pride.

Vibreer wel, Eddie.

edit on 6-10-2020 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
RIP EVH

Spent many nights listening to Van Halen, one of those bands where you couldn't wait to grabbed their album when it came out, You would listen to the whole damn thing over and over. Eddie always bring it in every concert I saw

Only two bands for me have made the transfer from having their complete catalog on album then CD and finally to Itunes and that was Zeppelin and Van Halen.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A high school memory of mine - my junior year around '77 I was leaving school and there was a flyer on my car windshield for some random band playing a club in Redondo Beach. I grabbed the flyer and it said VAN HALEN. I thought,that's a strange name and tossed it in the gutter.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
DAMN YOU GOD!!!!!!

why cant people who suck die!!!! Like why the hell is Cliff Richard, Madonna, the entire suck band Nickleback allowed to breathe¡!!!!!!!!!

Ugggggggggggggg!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I posted Van Halen covering Led Zepplin's the Rover on page one. From the 70's, but worth a listen.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Besides some of the guitar work, I could never get in to Van Halen.

Can sure appreciate the talent and influence he had, though.

RIP

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
After my 2nd divorce Van Halen and Jose Cuervo helped me over the rough spots. And his music today reminds me of why I'm
alive.
edit on 6-10-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
damn, if only God could take Eddie Veder instead

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
RIP Eddie! You are the epitome of a guitar icon!

F@#K cancer!!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
RIP EVH

Spent many nights listening to Van Halen, one of those bands where you couldn't wait to grabbed their album when it came out, You would listen to the whole damn thing over and over. Eddie always bring it in every concert I saw

Only two bands for me have made the transfer from having their complete catalog on album then CD and finally to Itunes and that was Zeppelin and Van Halen.

Same here. Back in the mid 80s I'd put all of their albums on a stack on my record player and go to sleep listening to it. Even when money was too tight I'd get their new albums as soon as they were out. Fair Warning is my favorite album. As a musician he didn't really influence my guitar playing but Mike's bass playing did (I play bass primarily). Eddie's sound, however, did influence my love for tone. Until then it was go loud or go home, but then I started to appreciate how the band actually sounded.

He changed the guitar world in 1978 and influenced most of the great rock guitarists since. What a positive impact his life made on our world.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
DAMN YOU GOD!!!!!!

why cant people who suck die!!!! Like why the hell is Cliff Richard, Madonna, the entire suck band Nickleback allowed to breathe¡!!!!!!!!!

Ugggggggggggggg!!!!!!!

God didn't force Eddie to chain smoke most of his life. It's sad and unfortunate but Eddie's smoking is what gave him throat cancer.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I was thinking the other day about 1984 being the greatest year for entertainment, and how it really slams all the other years to represent the 80’s. Van Halen’s 1984 was a huge part of that year standing out. I remember feeling like a rebel for the first time toting that cassette around with the smoking angel kid on it. Lol

As a guitarist I tried to mimic Eddie V from the day I started, along with James Hetfield. As much as I love Eruption, I love playing 316 on the acoustic, and Unchained was way ahead of its time, and even the Van Hagar years churned our crazy stuff like Poundcake. Who plays with a freakin drill!?!? I can’t pick up a guitar and practice without laying down some EVH.
Dude was a Rock God! RIP

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Oh dear, I just got a lot older, all at once.

Another great moves on...

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Diver Down, strange video....😥

Forgot about the Pretty Woman video.
edit on 6-10-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I remember when they played that on MTV. How bizarre!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: putnam6

I posted Van Halen covering Led Zepplin's the Rover on page one. From the 70's, but worth a listen.

Thanks brings back memories, camped out all night to get tickets, the Fair Warning tour I was in 9th grade and it was such a blast.

somewhere Eddie and Stevie Ray Vaughn are jamming
edit on 6-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Terrible news, another legend down. He influenced so many of todays players, including myself, I'll be firing up my Wolfgang Special tonight..although I could never do justice to his style/skill.

RIP Eddie, you have some good company to jam with now.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
they are showing live withoout a net on youtube for any fans its a tribute for him They are live streaming it tonight

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
As a guitarist Eddie was always featured in my fave guitar and hard rock mags(i miss the days of magazines, having to actually wait for the info made it so much sweeter)and when a Van Halen video came on the telly my day would be made.
Never really followed them after Dave left but for some reason this news has really affected me, reminds me how old im getting and it has me dwelling on all the nostalgic memories of the 80's.
He had a good life and got to leave his mark in a big way, more than what most of us get!
RIP Eddie!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join