It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eddie Van Halen R.I.P.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
F U 2020!

that is all

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: putnam6

I posted Van Halen covering Led Zepplin's the Rover on page one. From the 70's, but worth a listen.

Thanks brings back memories, camped out all night to get tickets, the Fair Warning tour I was in 9th grade and it was such a blast.

somewhere Eddie and Stevie Ray Vaughn are jamming

With Neil Peart on Drums.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I don't play the guitar but damn it I have listened to music for 50 years and he was one of the greats.
I don't worship celebrities at all but there are a few people who when they pass I will sorely miss them in this world.

Eddie Van Halen is one of them and so was Tom Petty.

Steven Tyler is another I will miss when he is gone

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
RIP, Eddie! You will be sorely missed!

How many times I waited in line all night to see you guys. I was never disappointed.

SRV is looking for you; there's music to be made!

How truly tragic and sad...a legend lost.

I was there, at the US Festival, just to see Van Halen. Saw lots of other good bands, but was front row for Van Halen.
edit on 10/6/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

a reply to: putnam6

I posted Van Halen covering Led Zepplin's the Rover on page one. From the 70's, but worth a listen.

Thanks brings back memories, camped out all night to get tickets, the Fair Warning tour I was in 9th grade and it was such a blast.

somewhere Eddie and Stevie Ray Vaughn are jamming

With Neil Peart on Drums.

Hell ya!!, speaking of Hellyeah..I bet Dimebag Darrell is with him now, firing up his Dean and Krankenstein.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
#%$&! Can this year get any worse.

Eddie meant so much to me, I spent hundreds if not thousands of hrs learning his music. I’d just started playing when VH 1 came out and he changed how the guitar was played literally overnight.

I had the opportunity to talk to him one on one for about 30 minutes when I lived in LA. Will always relish that conversation.

RIP EVH you influenced millions of guitarist around the world and will be missed dearly by millions😢

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I did a quick illustration in memory...

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is my favorite VH song with the original line up. It is understated, melodic, and lacks the “gimmick” stuff of metal music (and DLR).

(To my guitar player friends: you play the chords and tap the strings 12 frets up to play the ’solo’!
)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio

I did a quick illustration in memory...

That’s badass, did you just do that?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well it’s midnight, I’m outside and have Eddie cranked (Mean Street/ Fair Warning) sure my neighbors are hating me right now but I don’t really GAF right now. I can go to 11 if they like.🙂

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Van Halen had 3 different lead singers?

Who was the best?

I just watched all 13 minutes of 'eruption' for the first time. Wow. Its 6.40am and im sitting here in the dark, just been blown away by what he was doing with that guitar. That was something else that was. Alls i can say is his wife must have been one satisfied woman.
edit on 7/10/20 by SecretKnowledge because: Blown away by 13 minutes of 'eruption'

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Who was the best?

They all had their qualities, all good in their own right, I myself like the David Lee Roth years. It was heavier..for the most part.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Who was the best?

3 you say?
Mitch Malloy?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Someone earlier posted that they had 3, im not into rock myself

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Someone earlier posted that they had 3, im not into rock myself

Hehe..
It's ok, even google left the 4th guy out and says 3 lead singers.

1: David Lee Roth
2: Sammy Hagar
3: Gary Cherone ( from Extreme )
4: Mitch Malloy ( whom was so brief in Van Halen ) nobody but Mitch remembers
And back to #1 David Lee Roth 😊

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Just watched the video, he seems kinda bland, almost too clean to be in a rock band?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Come on now, this thread is to commemorate Eddie, not who was your preferred VH lineup, please...it’s been hashed out on every music forum out there.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I wasnt being that serious. And Eddie said.it was his pick he always kept in his mouth.

a reply to: HalWesten

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

RiP Eddie , one of the true greats.

Being dutch and very well aware about his talent at age 16 in 1978 it feels like I lost a friend from abroad. Of course very proud that he and his brother alex lived in the same city I still live in, Nijmegen. Despite these brothers live for most of their lives in the USA they always felt a strong connection with the netherlands.. Anyways....after trying for some 40 years I still can not play eruption...what a loss as a musician and not to forget inventor and innovator.

And then there was this... to my knowledge there isn't any other video with a better quality in which Michael Jackson and Eddie perform Beat It together. It is an indication of what kind of person Eddie was if you know that he never received or asked I dime for this worldwide hit.

Edward Lodewijk, Rust in Vrede broeder.
edit on 7/10/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/10/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just want to say "sorry for your loss" to the one ATS member I believe actually knows him well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join