It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. House Speaker NANCY PELOSI Referred to DOJ For Criminal Investigation.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I put this up there with the hatch and logan act, no one really gets charged for those.

So, no, I think it's petty, shes already been shamed publicly for her act, as the world saw, damage done.

Nancy was only shamed in a small circle.

95% of the U.S. media either didn't show her breaking U.S. law, or showed it, and complimented Pelosi for being a strong leader by "standing up to Trump".

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Hey, I heard Chuck Schumer tore a tag off a mattress once. Maybe you guys should get the DOJ involved.

There’s no doubt that Schumer is a criminal but we wouldn’t want to make you cry about something else.
edit on 3-9-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: johncaples
Illegally destroying government documents is worse than taking a photo of your bunk on a submarine. Yet a sailor got 5 years in prison for doing that, and sending it to him Mom.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Forget prosecuting her, just slap her so hard her dentures fly out of her mouth.

I admit, it's a long-shot, because Congress seems to indeed be off-limits.

For example, Ilhan Omar wouldn't be a Congresswoman today, if she hadn't married her brother. Some kind of complaint was filed, and then it went away with no repercussions.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: carewemust

BURN THE WITCH!

Don’t insult witches like that. Burn the demon.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
With all the serious problems in the world, I can't believe they are wasting resources on ripping up paper.

I felt the same way when they made a big deal about George Ws staff, taking all the Ws off the keyboards at the Whitehouse.

I get bashing her about the haircut and kneeling photo ops but this is just silly.

Really shame on anyone who cheered this on.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Thursday, September 3, 2020

Nancy Pelosi may have committed a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2071, Section 2071 (a) when she ripped up President Trump’s State of the Union address

This violation is punishable by up to three years in prison.

Any guesses on what the Department of Justice will determine? Should Nancy Pelosi face charges of some kind?

-CareWeMust

Did you miss the part in the very same article you cited where the law professor said:

"Her copy of the State of the Union address is not a government record or government property at all," Douglas Cox, professor at City University of New York School of Law, told PolitiFact at the time. "It is personal property."

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Hey, I heard Chuck Schumer tore a tag off a mattress once. Maybe you guys should get the DOJ involved.

You did know , as well as everyone else , that message is only for manufacturing and the stores , correct ?
You didn't ?
Hades , even Spongebob knew that....

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I put this up there with the hatch and logan act, no one really gets charged for those.

So, no, I think it's petty, shes already been shamed publicly for her act, as the world saw, damage done.

Investigating a small thing like this, could lead to bigger and better charges. That's an old trick.

edit on 3-9-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
this is so stupid I am embarrassed.

I would think there are plenty of things that she could be charged with - REAL CRIMES and we gotta settle for this stupidity?

No thanks, Barr should focus on more important crimes.

At least these two Congressmen are doing more than complaining, like Congressman Guy Reschenthaler (R-PA).

He alleges that Nancy Pelosi is "covering up" for China, regarding its role in allowing Covid-19 to escape the Wuhan lab, and the millions of Taxpayer dollars sent to that lab.

Story: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I hope she gets Death by 1000 paper cuts .

Or maybe an Ice Cream and Wine overdose.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

What she did was 1st amendment freedom of speech. No?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
I'd love to see her go and have some form of criminal charges to boot. I am not optimistic anything will come of this though.

I'm sure 99% of Americans (including yours truly) are not optimistic that Attorney General Barr's DOJ will take action against any high-level official.

But like President Trump told him two weeks ago... "You can be an exceptionally accomplished Attorney General, or just another in a long line of average A.G.s".

If Barr does take action, he will be following up on, and carrying out what he said he'd do, SEVERAL times since his initial confirmation hearing.
edit on 9/3/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

What she did was 1st amendment freedom of speech. No?

Literally...Pelosi broke the law by improperly destroying government documents.

Source: www.law.cornell.edu...

If a Federal Prosecutor wanted to go after Nancy, they could. They went after most of Trump's campaign people for little B.S. matters, in the coup attempt.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nothing will happen, and if found in violation of whatever rule..whats the punishment for that?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Should Nancy Pelosi face charges of some kind?

No, I say let it go.

It's no secret that Nancy Pelosi just isn't all there. She had a senior moment, she thought it was a good idea at the time, and she only hurt herself.

Going after her for this would just seem kind of petty.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I'm not sure Bill Barr can find that law, seeing he doesn't know whether it's illegal to vote twice, or not.

At any rate, President Trump ceremoniously handed the Vice President and the Speaker a fancy Xeroxed copy of his speech, as a matter of pomp and circumstance. It was not a formal "filing" of a legal document. It was Pelosi's personal copy. She could have sold it on EBay if she wanted to.

edit on 3-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Nothing will happen, and if found in violation of whatever rule..whats the punishment for that?

As stated in the OP, up to 3 years in prison.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
It is illegal to have your vote counted twice. What are you talking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join