It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. House Speaker NANCY PELOSI Referred to DOJ For Criminal Investigation.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: carewemust
At any rate, President Trump ceremoniously handed the Vice President and the Speaker a fancy Xeroxed copy of his speech, as a matter of pomp and circumstance. It was not a formal "filing" of a legal document. It was Pelosi's personal copy. She could have sold it on EBay if she wanted to.

But don't forget, like a doctor's main job is to find something wrong with you, a prosecutor's main job is to find a crime. As we saw plenty times with Bob Mueller's witch-hunt.... they start by looking at item "A", and end up prosecuting you for item "B".

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

It is illegal to have your vote counted twice.

The only way you can have your vote counted twice is if you vote twice.

Barr Repeatedly Claims He Doesn't Know Whether It's Illegal to Vote Twice Following Trump Comments www.commondreams.org...

Bill Barr Mocked After 'Playing Dumb' Over Legality of Voting Twice www.msn.com...

edit on 4-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer
I never believe a liberal school law professor when it involves a legal issue related to a liberal politician.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: Arnie123
I put this up there with the hatch and logan act, no one really gets charged for those.

So, no, I think it's petty, shes already been shamed publicly for her act, as the world saw, damage done.

Investigating a small thing like this, could lead to bigger and better charges. That's an old trick.

BINGO! Like I said earlier, at least these Congressmen are GETTING THE BALL ROLLING.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I agree. They are not going to prosecute because they know what will end up happening. Trump needs the house, too, before anything of consequence will happen. That pesky congressional oversight will finally go his way.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

It is illegal to have your vote counted twice.

The only way you can have your vote counted twice is if you vote twice.

Barr Repeatedly Claims He Doesn't Know Whether It's Illegal to Vote Twice Following Trump Comments www.commondreams.org...

Bill Barr Mocked After 'Playing Dumb' Over Legality of Voting Twice www.msn.com...

It looks like the people who write for CommonDreams.org are not very intelligent.

They can't understand what the President said, even though www.commondreams.org... quoted him verbatim, in the article.

If you mailed in a ballot, and that ballot has not been tabulated on election day, you should be able to walk into the booth and vote.

The implication is, that in some close states, Democrats will have Republican ballots trashed, instead of tabulated.

That procedure would only work in states that count ballots as they arrive via U.S. mail.

Some states (I think 5?) do not count mailed-in ballots until election day itself. Attempting to find out if your mailed-in ballot was tabulated, in those states, on election day, would not work.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Priceless reply

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Here is what President Trump said...

"They are going to have to check their vote by going to the poll and voting that way because if it tabulates, then they won't be able to do that," Trump said, apparently urging residents to test their state's mail-in voting system. "So let them send it in, and let them go vote. And if their system is as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote [on Election Day]. If it isn't tabulated, they will be able to vote. So that's the way it is, and that's what they should do."

www.commondreams.org...

...that Bill Barr was mansplaining to CNN and all, what Trump really meant.

Trump needs his supporters to vote twice so he can prove voter fraud! Take one for the team! He'll probably pardon you!

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Finally you're understanding how desperate the "out of power" side is becoming.

To summarize: If your mailed-in vote/ballot is NOT registered on/before election day, you should try again, in person on election day, if the state system is set up to allow it.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

It's illegal to vote twice. It's a felony in a presidential election. AG Bill Barr didn't seem to know if voting twice is even illegal.

So, how is AG Bill Barr even going to know if Nancy Pelosi tearing up pieces of paper in front of TV cameras was illegal?
edit on 4-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   

It's illegal to vote twice. It's a felony in a presidential election. AG Bill Barr didn't seem to know if voting twice is even illegal.

The vote can only be registered ONCE. The State of Michigan website does a good job of explaining it.

If you check the Voting website, and your ballot has not been received by election day, you can "spoil" (cancel) the ballot and vote in person, if you want to.

Source: www.freep.com...

Barr said there are variables from state to state...which is true. Trump supporters are smart enough to find out what the rules are in their state, just like I easily found for the state of Michigan tonight.

Going after criminals like Nancy is far easier than learning the vote-by-mail rules in all 50 states. This new-and-improved DOJ will have a good time going after her. It's what they do for a living.
edit on 9/4/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: vonclod
Nothing will happen, and if found in violation of whatever rule..whats the punishment for that?

As stated in the OP, up to 3 years in prison.

Well, that is a pretty stiff punishment..I still don't see it happening, these people are pretty much untouchable.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Riiiight, because ripping up papers on camera is so much more criminal than urging people to commit voter fraud!

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Ah, so is this the thing the hair salon debacle is trying to distract us from?

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Hey, I heard Chuck Schumer tore a tag off a mattress once. Maybe you guys should get the DOJ involved.

Yeah, like when Trump had 2 scoops of ice cream. Don’t be upset when the right resort to the same games you and your buddies played for the past 4 years. You’re just getting a dose of your own medicine, it just sucks it’s so generic.
edit on 4-9-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I agree. They are not going to prosecute because they know what will end up happening. Trump needs the house, too, before anything of consequence will happen. That pesky congressional oversight will finally go his way.

trump has reapeatedly stated "we have them" concerning evidence of crimes. Either he is lying and using it as aa slogan or its true.
He does not behave like someone worried about their opinion or vote.

so i believe that given how many times i thought " well he is done now, no way to recover from this" over the last four years I will have to err on the side of let trump be trump and grab the popcorn

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

In short no. Trump handed her a copy. That copy was never filed with any official. It was just for show both the handing and the tearing up.

(a)Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b)Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

They should give the max sentence like they did to roger stone.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Privileged liberal elite.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well, you have her committing a crime that's on video. Prosecute her quickly and get the conviction. No jail time but is relived of her office. She's the Thanksgiving turkey that handed the DOJ the axe and laid her head on the chopping block.

And ask yourself,"If the roles were reversed what would Pelosi do?" Nuff said.

Looks like more winning for Trump!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join