It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the time comes, will you get a COVID-19 vaccine?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Chemo destroys the natural immunity.

For a while it does reduce the efficiency of the immune system, yes. But it does not destroy it. It is not AIDS.

I had chemo 33 years ago. My daughter went through pre-school, elementary school, middle school, and high school. Bringing home every disease that entails. I've caught and quickly recovered from numerous colds. I've suffered various small wounds, none of which became infected. My immune system recovered quite well and functions as well as, if not better than, that of others of my age group.

edit on 8/15/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

If your wondering how many people will get the vaccine , Well I would say about the same amount that are gullible enough to wear paper mask .

Not necessarily. All but 16 states right now are mandating the wearing of masks or be fined.

Exactly , and all but those 16 states will probably mandate you get the vaccine or be fined or Isolated or worse .

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I was mostly replying to your mention of everyone wearing a mask as being "gullible". That's not why people are wearing them. When those states mandating masks start mandating vaccines, I think you're going to see many people moving to the 16 states that don't mandate everything.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

For a while it does reduce the efficiency of the immune system, yes. But it does not destroy it.

Fair enough. My use of "destroy" was intended to convey that it dealt heavy damage, not that immunity could not recover.

I had chemo 33 years ago.

Oh, then no problem. You should be fully recovered.

I am confused, though... I distinctly remember in an earlier thread where you credited Obamacare with you receiving cancer therapy. How did you manage to use Obamacare 23 years before it was implemented?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

new research is showing that the Corona Virus antibodies only stay in ones system for 3 months and those who have already had it, may be able to catch it again after that.

Even if the antibodies fade, the immunity should "remember" the virus enough to respond quicker. The problem seems to be that initially it can take 14 days or longer for some people to develop antibodies.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I am confused, though... I distinctly remember in an earlier thread where you credited Obamacare with you receiving cancer therapy.

The ACA had nothing to do with coverage of my cancer treatments.

Perhaps you remember me referring to my cancer likely being classified as a pre-existing condition (even though I was indeed, cured) should I seek new coverage. Something which the ACA precludes in the determination of eligibility (or premiums) for medical insurance. Yes, you are indeed confused.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

OK, thank you for the clarification.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

What I find most interesting about your post is that it shows the Government knows it's credibility is shot.

Even if they develop a vaccine that's perfectly safe and 100% effective they know they will need a PR campaign to sell it. The Government and the MSM have lied to the people too many times.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Yes. There are are far too many people who do not seem to be capable of critical thinking. This seems to be a growing situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

We all know the fable of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. When someone consistently lies to you, you always doubt their word.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I don't think the fable applies in this case.
The last pandemic which affected the US much was HIV. Was that a hoax?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Michigan72

NOT NO BUT HELL NO!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am not going to get a vaccine till there is adequate proof of their safety. I will wait for a year and observe if the vaccines work or have side effects. Of course, the Pharma companies and their puppet CDC and FDA will misinterpret the results to protect their reputations and say they are safer and more effective than they are. I do not trust the two agencies we have that govern that. Hopefully the NIH will give us the correct figures so I can read their research. The NIH usually has decent research but often the interpretation of the evidence by the pharma companies and FDA and CDC is twisted.

They should make a law that every health agency has to be truthful about results with a threat of serious penalties if they are not. If they twist the evidence and lots of people die, those who lied in those agencies should be tried for negligent Homicide.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Ksihkehe

The vaccine hasn't had sufficient time for clinical trials.

That's why it isn't available to the public.

When the phase III trials are completed, and if it is shown to be significantly effective and safe, I'll take it.

I'm probably going get a flu shot this year. First time ever.

Why have never had a flu shoot and why now? The flu is deadly for senior citizens.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

The flu is deadly for senior citizens.

Read on.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

When HIV was more of a problem, more people had trust in the Government and MSM. Since then, we've had too many lies from the Government, MSM, etc., that have been exposed. The internet had a lot to do with that.

Point is, even when we are told the truth these days there will be some doubt because we know we have been lied to so often. That's why the Government is already looking into a PR campaign that manipulates emotions rather than just giving straight information. Even the Government knows they shouldn't be trusted to tell the truth.

I think the real moral of The Boy Who Cried Wolf is, "Choose your shepherds carefully."

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Point is, even when we are told the truth these days there will be some doubt because we know we have been lied to so often.

Doubt (skepticism) is good. To assume everything is a lie in lieu of critical thinking, is not.
As I said.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Depends on the sources you have available, doesn't it? If someone consistently lies to you wouldn't it be prudent to assume they are lying until you have independent verification? Especially if you know they are resorting to an emotional appeal to convince you.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

You have just defined the term "critical thinking."

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Michigan72
Let's say vaccines started becoming available in a few months. What's your game plan?

I don't think i could bring myself to get one. It's not that I'm anti-vaccine. It's just a matter of ethics. As a Catholic, I cannot support a company who obtained that vaccine by experimenting on fetal tissue.

I dunno yet. Would it be free or would I have to pay for it? I'm definitely not going out of my way to pay for it and have it administered. I've made it this far and my hygiene habits are really good. I'm not afraid of being infected by it.

But, it'll be cool if the majority of everyone else gets the vaccine because I'll have even less of a chance of being infected even though the chances were already extremely remote.

Kinda like my mask mentality. When I go to the store, I wear a mask because everyone else is but I don't wear it properly because I can't stand my hot ass breath on my face in the summer so I wear it low enough for my nostrils to have access to the air. Everyone else is already wearing one so if they have covid, they wont be releasing it into the air when I walk by anyways.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join