It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Vows Retaliation After U.S. Shuts Down Houston Consulate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

There are probably tons of variables in play that we aren't considering as to why this specific embassy is closing.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Yeah man we need to differentiate between CCP and Chinese nationals!

They’re people like us.

Looking out the window right now hoards of heroin addicts wander up the streets, some on crutches, some old, some extremely young. People are literally collapsing on the pavements. Sirens go past every quarter of an hour. Youths linger dangerously on the street corners looking for something to do or rob as their position in life has become pretty much hopeless with the height of their dreams getting in a job in one of the warehouses paying minimum wage storing all the crap sent to us from China.

Seriously that is the reality here in much of the UK today and something seriously needs to change or I can't even imagine where we are going to be another few decades.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
What are they gonna do? Steal our intellectual property? Cheat on trade deals? Kick our corporations out of China? Sounds like a win-win situation to me to kick them out of Houston. We should kick all of them out and cut off trade completely.

The announcement from the State Department said it all. See below.

The U.S. State Department subsequently confirmed in a statement that it had ordered the consulate shut “to protect American intellectual property and Americans’ private information.” It said international agreements required diplomats to respect the laws and regulations of the host nation and not interfere in its internal affairs.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

China recently took action against Lockheed Martin. While headquartered in MD, they have a large presence in Texas, particularly Houston and DFW. Probably something to do with that.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Yeah man we need to differentiate between CCP and Chinese nationals!

They’re people like us.

I agree with one caveat, they are people who have lived and died under the harsh rule of the CCP for decades the abuse of basic civil rights. No telling how this shapes, molds, inspires or jades and individual. I know one thing the ones who escape and are living here now, appreciate our freedoms and weather our injustices so much better than the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: Antipathy17

China recently took action against Lockheed Martin. While headquartered in MD, they have a large presence in Texas, particularly Houston and DFW. Probably something to do with that.

China’s announcement that it will impose sanctions on American firm Lockheed Martin for its involvement in the United States’ arms sale to Taiwan has highlighted a harsh reality for Beijing: it has far fewer choices to inflict pain on American businesses than Washington does against Chinese firms in the escalating conflict between the world’s two biggest economic powers.

www.scmp.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
China strongly condemns unreasonable U.S. request to close Chinese Consulate General in Houston

In this statement by China, it was on July 21st that the order to close the Consulate was made. This means that they already knew they where leaving before starting to burn all the paper work, a pretty standard response for the situation.

All the fallout from Covid has been raising tensions.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

"I understand China is the enemy but I don't like to treat them like they are."

They aren't just ripping us off. They are running concentration camps, seizing territory in international waters, invading sovereign territory in India, covering up COVID19, spying on everyone through technology backdoors and 5g network tapping.

Nothing the Chinese say or do is honest and everything they do is hostile in nature. It's time to wake up to that reality.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Ok. Drop it then.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This war against communism is what has to end.

People who are excessively anti-communist always say "When has communism ever worked!!?!"

While the US govt. (The most major world power) puts massive economic sanctions on communist governments, drops Green Berets into their countries to start rebellions, blacklists them from travel, and tries to make their lives hell every step of the way...

and you wonder why its failed other places...

I think our govt. is just panicking because China has a successful model, and the people in China understand and reverberate that all for one, one for all concept.

Theres a great documentary on Netflix (I think Obama helped with it) that covers the purchase and conversion of an Ohio windshield glass manufacturing plant by a Chinese company... all the changes they put in place.. the MAJOR culture gap...

It was like a real life recreation of the movie Gung Ho (Great movie! Michael Keaton)

They brought some plant workers and management to China for a week, and they experienced how it works over there. They even commented on how the Chinese people constantly put the good of the company, their families, their community before their individual self... and thats why it works over there..

In contrast to how we run it here where we put the individual before the whole...

and just so were clear.. Im not saying China is the greatest and were the worst, im simply saying that there's multiple ways to skin a cat, and different forms of government and value systems can be equally successful

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Calm down brave internet warrior.

There are no monsters for you to slay here.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Projectvxn

Dop it!? He was the one who replied to me about it. I only made one post about the racism on page one, so what the hell are you talking about?

I replied to him because he obviously did not see his racist post!

Jesus!

Learn to read posts a bit better.

Awesome, good thing you saw it, racism destroyed.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
This war against communism is what has to end.

People who are excessively anti-communist always say "When has communism ever worked!!?!"

While the US govt. (The most major world power) puts massive economic sanctions on communist governments, drops Green Berets into their countries to start rebellions, blacklists them from travel, and tries to make their lives hell every step of the way...

and you wonder why its failed other places...

I think our govt. is just panicking because China has a successful model, and the people in China understand and reverberate that all for one, one for all concept.

Theres a great documentary on Netflix (I think Obama helped with it) that covers the purchase and conversion of an Ohio windshield glass manufacturing plant by a Chinese company... all the changes they put in place.. the MAJOR culture gap...

It was like a real life recreation of the movie Gung Ho (Great movie! Michael Keaton)

They brought some plant workers and management to China for a week, and they experienced how it works over there. They even commented on how the Chinese people constantly put the good of the company, their families, their community before their individual self... and thats why it works over there..

In contrast to how we run it here where we put the individual before the whole...

and just so were clear.. Im not saying China is the greatest and were the worst, im simply saying that there's multiple ways to skin a cat, and different forms of government and value systems can be equally successful

Yeah they got such a successful model, what with the camps, the general discontent from all the non-CCP members who live in China.

Top Notch Society.

I'm sure everyone is dying to try to get in there any way any how.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The Suicide Nets on the FoxConn building scream best society on earth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join