It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Vows Retaliation After U.S. Shuts Down Houston Consulate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: Lysergic

Projectvxn

Dop it!? He was the one who replied to me about it. I only made one post about the racism on page one, so what the hell are you talking about?

I replied to him because he obviously did not see his racist post!

Jesus!

Learn to read posts a bit better.

Awesome, good thing you saw it, racism destroyed.

Thank you!

Hope you gave yourself a cookie and pat on the back, well deserved!

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
I’m in the north man.

I got out of the city years ago. I’m in the middle of nowhere. I dread going into town. It’s full of, well, exactly how you described it.

I completely agree. It’s depressing.

Head in sand strategy for me.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
Yeah man we need to differentiate between CCP and Chinese nationals!

They’re people like us.

Looking out the window right now hoards of heroin addicts wander up the streets, some on crutches, some old, some extremely young. People are literally collapsing on the pavements. Sirens go past every quarter of an hour. Youths linger dangerously on the street corners looking for something to do or rob as their position in life has become pretty much hopeless with the height of their dreams getting in a job in one of the warehouses paying minimum wage storing all the crap sent to us from China.

Seriously that is the reality here in much of the UK today and something seriously needs to change or I can't even imagine where we are going to be another few decades.

You mean all the crap the UK orders from China dont you?

I look at it sent from China. There is a completely unfair playing field by buying stuff from Commies

As a consumer, I'm significantly more likely to choose a cheaper Chinese imported item over the overpriced domestic version. And I am NOT sorry about it, I have a budget to mind and it does not allow for paying twice the cost just to have a stateside-made item instead.

It's not CHINA sending their goods to the US and UK, it's the UK and US consumers deciding domestic-made costs too damn much.

Now, if companies could, I dunno, cap the living hell out of high ranking pay (CEOs, CFOs, etc) and have the savings trickle down to the consumers, I'd definitely consider it. But until then, I'm buying Chinese over American. Sue me.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
I’ve been a few times on business. Wonderful people, generous to a fault. But then again I’m generalising.

I certainly wouldn’t use a crazy term like the poster above did. But I understand what you are saying. However, people are strong and generally good inside. There are animals everywhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Projectvxn

Dop it!? He was the one who replied to me about it. I only made one post about the racism on page one, so what the hell are you talking about?

I replied to him because he obviously did not see his racist post!

Jesus!

Learn to read posts a bit better.

Awesome, good thing you saw it, racism destroyed.

Thank you!

Hope you gave yourself a cookie and pat on the back, well deserved!

So, you saying a should not condem someone being racist, because it's the Chinese?

Are you saying I should not wuesrion him about his racist views?

Do not know what your point is here. I replied to the racist once, and it's only people like you who are bringing it up in this thread. Why?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

As a consumer, I'm significantly more likely to choose a cheaper Chinese imported item over the overpriced domestic version. And I am NOT sorry about it, I have a budget to mind and it does not allow for paying twice the cost just to have a stateside-made item instead.

It's not CHINA sending their goods to the US and UK, it's the UK and US consumers deciding domestic-made costs too damn much.

Now, if companies could, I dunno, cap the living hell out of high ranking pay (CEOs, CFOs, etc) and have the savings trickle down to the consumers, I'd definitely consider it. But until then, I'm buying Chinese over American. Sue me.
a reply to: Nyiah

You are not the only one. Million of business big and small are doing the same thing. People who do not understand it, obviously do not understand business and how it works.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No 2 Yes people do buy it but our rulers / business elite have allowed this...

No. YOU allowed it.

What???????????????? Did I eck............. Go out of my way to have anything from China, totally can't bear their business tactics, they don't play it fair, total Commies and underhand at it with long term intentions to take over Planet Earth just like their old partner the USSR intended to do. China's far more dangerous and got us exactly where it wanted us. They cheat, undermine you and weave their way in. Colonisation through the back door, just check out how the Commies are taking over African states one by one

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

The Suicide Nets on the FoxConn building scream best society on earth.

Clearly you have no understanding of Asian culture with that comment.

First off, today in China, it was polled, in comparison to other countries, the Chinese people have a "neutral" view towards suicide as opposed to our "negative" view here.

It most likely stems from cultural norms of "Honor sucide"

Not saying its right, im just saying it has nothing to do with their government setup and more to do with culture.

You're mixing Asian Culture with the China Communist Party. They are two very distinct things. Asian culture has survived thousands of years. The CCP took power in 1949. Asian people have very high work ethics. Japan is where I first learned that in the 1980's.

The CCP is an oppressive government. The CCP has no regard for their people. They've had 50+ days of heavy rain with a lot of flooding. They serectly opened the 3 Gorges Dam in the night to release the presure on the dam but didn't tell anyone downstream. They didn't want anyone to know but homes were flooded and people died. In other cases, they paid families the equivalent of $1.50 for help them recover from losing everything they own in the flood.

The CCP is not very much liked by the masses. Only the wealthy and government officials prosper.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
In other cases, they paid families the equivalent of $1.50 for help them recover from losing everything they own in the flood.

So what does that buck fifty translate to in US equivalent buying power, anyway? I'm nowhere close to up to date on the buying power of a buck in China versus a buck in the US, though I know a dollar goes a hell of a lot further over there in purchases there than it does over here to begin with.

I can't bitch about something if that buck and a half over there is equal in buying power to handing Americans a $150 property loss pittance for the same circumstances. Not saying it's worth as much in goods as that example by any means, it's just an example. A lot of the times when we bitch about a few dollars here seeming like an insult to give some foreigner in another country, it's actually a lot of money to them for what they can use it for. It stretches further.
edit on 7/22/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

If people started to not buy stuff from china, then watch the companies in the West start to go under. If they go elsewhere instead of China, then watch prices sky rocket.

There are millions apon millions of companies in the West that buy their products, or get their products made in China.

This pushes our economy and of course, also China's. They are intertwind.

Nah totally disagree............................ By your intertwined model masses of our population in our cities outside London are effectively unemployed, be they students, dollies, the disabled (most on the game) some of whom are genuine some not, the list is endless, those pre mentioned folk were once running our industries and keeping the wheels of industry turning, now they are cast offs by the big corps and have little hope of getting anywhere beyond a minimum wage job in a warehouse to store and distribute the junk China sends us.

We do not need to buy from China, we do not need to buy from anywhere in the slave economies, we can make it ourselves and sell to ourselves, as was the aim of the EU! To have a single market
I'm so scared by the Brexit and the effects this will have on even more 'Free Trade' with the slave nations.

We are on a rollercoaster to the middle of Planet Earth and we haven't even experienced Brexi yet.

Every time YOU buy the crap China sells you.................... Whenever you next see kids with no hope on street corners or that engineer you once knew at a foundry whi now is hammered on Herroin, then YOU are in part responsible for their fate

You don't have to by Chinese. It's a VERY BIG MISTAKE

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What???????????????? Did I eck............. Go out of my way to have anything from China, totally can't bear their business tactics, they don't play it fair, total Commies and underhand at it with long term intentions to take over Planet Earth just like their old partner the USSR intended to do. China's far more dangerous and got us exactly where it wanted us. They cheat, undermine you and weave their way in. Colonisation through the back door, just check out how the Commies are taking over African states one by one

'You' means the people, just because you don't personally doesn't mean there are 50 others offsetting what you do.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I’m in the north man.

I got out of the city years ago. I’m in the middle of nowhere. I dread going into town. It’s full of, well, exactly how you described it.

I completely agree. It’s depressing.

Head in sand strategy for me.

Ahh mate, you are so correct, it really is totally depressing what's happened to our cities. You couldn't imagine it a few years ago. You come out of Picadilly station in Manchester recently? Thousands of young people living in sleeping bags all the way to the Corn Market. Coked up smacked up pissed up.............Just totally insane and they're the same everywhere in north of the Gap! I'm planning exactly the same and getting out but it'll be somewhere abroad probably CT in RSA as at least they put real security on the streets. Where's our Police Force these day? Voluntary cops lol, half the time they're having a laugh and joke with criminals, the whole thing's totally insane. When my mum was born we ruled 1/4 of the land mass and population of Planet earth. Now what's left to rule even in that same life time? A sinking ship of a powerhouse hasbeen and it's going down like the Titanic fast!

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

'You' means the people, just because you don't personally doesn't mean there are 50 others offsetting what you do.

If you mean the people with the 'you' word then sure, I totally agree with you on that, the general public are shooting themselves in the foot one by one. Thing is our business elite and government all congregate in a horrid place called London, what actually happens is they all piss in the same pot one allows the other to do as they want while the other usues their increasing wealth to keep the other happy and fund their parties, hey we all know how this happens and it the same in the States. I guess that is what makes Trump to us Brits so totally attractive, the fact that he wants to turn things around and bring the manufacturing and coal mining jobs back from the foreigners. Just wish we could have Trump over here

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It simply does not work like that. Millions of companies buy or get their products made in China because it makes sense for them when you are talking about profit.

You imagine all those products being made in the West. Are you going to work for peanuts? Of course not, so products are going to sky rocket, people will not be able to afford them, and companies will go under.

It's not just crap junk made in China. A lot of the hi tech stuff is made in China too. Your phone, tv, console, pad, etc

Its not China's fault. Regarding companies, it's all about profit and money. You think countries economies have nothing to do eith China? We are talking about millions apon millions of western companies that deal with China, so of course that helps the countries economy.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Just wish we could have Trump over here 

Would not happen Trump relies of his religous cult lime following. You would not get people falling for that in the UK. If he stands outside a church here holding the bible and looking at the sky, or looking up to the sky while saying he is the chosen one. You think people in the UK will fall for that crap?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
Yeah man we need to differentiate between CCP and Chinese nationals!

They’re people like us.

Looking out the window right now hoards of heroin addicts wander up the streets, some on crutches, some old, some extremely young. People are literally collapsing on the pavements. Sirens go past every quarter of an hour. Youths linger dangerously on the street corners looking for something to do or rob as their position in life has become pretty much hopeless with the height of their dreams getting in a job in one of the warehouses paying minimum wage storing all the crap sent to us from China.

Seriously that is the reality here in much of the UK today and something seriously needs to change or I can't even imagine where we are going to be another few decades.

You mean all the crap the UK orders from China dont you?

I look at it sent from China. There is a completely unfair playing field by buying stuff from Commies

As a consumer, I'm significantly more likely to choose a cheaper Chinese imported item over the overpriced domestic version. I'm buying Chinese over American.

You have every right to shoot yourself in the foot

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Its not China's fault. Regarding companies, it's all about profit and money. You think countries economies have nothing to do eith China? We are talking about millions apon millions of western companies that deal with China, so of course that helps the countries economy.

Nah sorry but you have a VERY low standard of understanding when it comes to the world of business and economics. Of course the Commies will take advantage of the situation and undercut domestic manufacturers and you really must understand they don't play it fair, they don't operate with equality in Factory Acts they don't let their currency appreciate they don't let free will exist in their economic model. China's economy is a planned assault on the free world with an intention to spread the Communist model with a long term aim of controlling the free world. It's a game and a plan and a very devious plan and unless we act soon the Commies are going to succeed!

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

If people started to not buy stuff from china, then watch the companies in the West start to go under. If they go elsewhere instead of China, then watch prices sky rocket.

There are millions apon millions of companies in the West that buy their products, or get their products made in China.

This pushes our economy and of course, also China's. They are intertwind.

Nah totally disagree............................ By your intertwined model masses of our population in our cities outside London are effectively unemployed, be they students, dollies, the disabled (most on the game) some of whom are genuine some not, the list is endless, those pre mentioned folk were once running our industries and keeping the wheels of industry turning, now they are cast offs by the big corps and have little hope of getting anywhere beyond a minimum wage job in a warehouse to store and distribute the junk China sends us.

We do not need to buy from China, we do not need to buy from anywhere in the slave economies, we can make it ourselves and sell to ourselves, as was the aim of the EU! To have a single market
I'm so scared by the Brexit and the effects this will have on even more 'Free Trade' with the slave nations.

We are on a rollercoaster to the middle of Planet Earth and we haven't even experienced Brexi yet.

Every time YOU buy the crap China sells you.................... Whenever you next see kids with no hope on street corners or that engineer you once knew at a foundry whi now is hammered on Herroin, then YOU are in part responsible for their fate

You don't have to by Chinese. It's a VERY BIG MISTAKE

Ahhh I see what your problem is...

You dont understand yet, that here in the 21st century Globalism isnt a choice, its a thing that exists whether you want to participate or not.

In a free market, the market sets the price, people will pay what they are willing to pay based on the demand.

China manufactures goods at the best rate out of virtually anywhere.

If you say we wont buy goods from China.. a few things will happen...

1. Some things are ONLY manufactured in China, we would need to learn how to make them, set up plants, train workers.. etc. that takes ALOT of time and $$
2. The cost of goods would SKYROCKET! American made is more expensive because of the wages we pay, taxes, regulations, and crazy overhead. People wont be able to afford as much as before, and the companies wont make as much.
3.The manufacturing industry isnt as simple as youre making it out to be. Just because we build something here, doesnt mean we source everything here, we buy parts and pieces from all over. Again some things you can only get from China. If we were to source it elsewhere, another country.. chances are THEY would just buy it from China, repackage, then re-sell it to us as being FROM them.. so.. China still gets the money.. and we pay more for the middle man for no reason.. hmm...
4. People will find ways to buy from China regardless. China already has found ways around selling us stuff weve banned to come from China with complex undetectable supply chain fraud.

Thats not even touching on the impacts socially, economically, and militarily that can happen from this.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

How can China control the world when there while economy is based on trade with the West? China basically has no fossal fuel indursty, so they have nothing to fall back on. They cannot invade countries for territory because there is no way in hell they can go up against the West, they could not even go up against America.

So what you are saying makes no sense. Yes, you could say that China is not a saint the way they have grown their economy, but other countries are not saints either.

America had a hand in the invasion of Libya, not to save the people. They got rid of Qaddafi to prevent the creation of an independent hard currency in Africa that would free the continent from economic bondage under the dollar. Ee know tbis to be true because of hilary clintons emails.

But are people in the West talking about that? Are people in the West condeming that?

What would of happened if it was China that done that instead? People on here will be saying how evil it is, and how China needs to be stopped.

This is the thing. China has done bad terrible things. Countries in the West have done bad terrible things. But we are conditioned to think it's ok for our country, or our allies to do these terrible things, while pointing the finger at other countries.

That's the way it's always been, and most prob will be for a long time.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
In other cases, they paid families the equivalent of $1.50 for help them recover from losing everything they own in the flood.

So what does that buck fifty translate to in US equivalent buying power, anyway? I'm nowhere close to up to date on the buying power of a buck in China versus a buck in the US, though I know a dollar goes a hell of a lot further over there in purchases there than it does over here to begin with.

I can't bitch about something if that buck and a half over there is equal in buying power to handing Americans a $150 property loss pittance for the same circumstances. Not saying it's worth as much in goods as that example by any means, it's just an example. A lot of the times when we bitch about a few dollars here seeming like an insult to give some foreigner in another country, it's actually a lot of money to them for what they can use it for. It stretches further.

China is not a third-world country. I highly doubt $1.50 will get you very much and not even close in value of $150. Even if it was equal to our spending power of $150, imagine your house gets ripped out of the ground and it floats down the river with all your belongings. You get a government check in the amount of $150 with a note that says "you're welcome". Would you consider that generous?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join