It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Vows Retaliation After U.S. Shuts Down Houston Consulate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm frankly stunned that the financial markets didn't drop significantly today on this news (futures trading was down before US market open, but it was actually net positive by CoB in the major indices).

Something is going on behind the scenes. I'm beginning to wonder if this was staged/prearranged. Trump administration gets to be viewed as turning the screws on China. China will undoubtedly retaliate, and Xi can likewise claim a moral victory.

Why burn documents by the way. I'm not aware of any real way to reconstruct documents that have been destroyed with a nice, commercial-grade paper shredder (maybe this is a way, but I don't think so). Again, burning documents in plain sight is a way to make headlines, and create sensationalism.

Keep the eyes peeled. All is not as it seems.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Its well known the alphabet agencies will go through your rubbish?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

But it's not a "free market" in your world of Globalisation when Commies are involved
They don't play fair

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: [post=25316041]SleeperHasAwakened[/post
Thanks for clarifying. Is their embassy in Manhattan, like most other countries? I would walk by many embassies in midtown during lunch.

No, it's in the capital where all embassies are located, Manhattan has a consulate.

Turns out there //are// embassies in Manhattan.

Nine diplomatic missions in New York City listed below are also formally accredited as each country's official embassy to the United States

I knew I'd heard that before.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Its well known the alphabet agencies will go through your rubbish?

True, but do you/have you ever shredded papers before? I have a nice, beefy Fellowes shredder. I used to have a cruddy one made by Staples; it broke in like a week. This shredder from Fellowes absolutely annihilates the paper. I just can't see how it'd be possible to reconstruct documents after that, but again, maybe the alphabet agencies have some trick for scanning shredded documents and re-assembling them via pattern matching or brute force comparison of the text after trying every possible combination of the scanned, shredded documents. I would be damn impressed with the technological capability to do that.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

Those are missions, they are for the United Nations. Your link has the embassies above the missions, they are in DC.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Heavens above will you give up on bringing in the Middle East to a discussion on China. Everybody has a go at some time or other controlling n Africa and the ME, that's just the way it is. Indeed it's all go again if you check things out, Turks, Ruskies, French, Yanks etc all formenting and edging their interests in that region. Just accept it and forget it

Anyway as badly as you paint our government and the West in general I'd much rather be ruled by Boris than Beijing.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

If we cut off trade completely, at this moment, the consequences would be devastating. Something like 90% of all anti-biotics are produced in China.

The better approach is to rebuild our mfg base here in the US, /then/ draw down trade.

That would be ideal but it wouldn't work in reality. The 1% is so corrupt they didn't care about exploiting communist oppressed slave labor in the first place. They won't build manufacturing in the USA unless they are forced to at gunpoint.

Cutting ties first forces the issue. It's the most painful way to do it, but it's the only way that will work with our elite the way they are.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Heavens above will you give up on bringing in the Middle East to a discussion on China. Everybody has a go at some time or other controlling n Africa and the ME, that's just the way it is. Indeed it's all go again if you check things out, Turks, Ruskies, French, Yanks etc all formenting and edging their interests in that region. Just accept it and forget it

Anyway as badly as you paint our government and the West in general I'd much rather be ruled by Boris than Beijing.

You are cometly missing my point. I bring it up because it's relevant, and shows that people will always ignore the horror their government does. Cbinese government has done bad things, uk givernment have done bad things, the American government has done bad things, but most people will ignore it, because it's their country or a country of an ally.

Lime I said, if it was China instead of America who was involved in the Libya invasion, you would be post saying how bad and evil it was, but because it was an ally, government, then it's ok.

This is the frame of mind we all need to move away from. Most people are brainwashed and conditioned by things like this.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I'm British I'm born here support England family came over with the Normans love my country and totally support my government in its Foreign Policy because that's the side I bat for Jmorris

I do totally agree that all states perpetrate errors at times, but if we all had a Quisling attitude there would be no Great Britain right now, I advise you to get onside as it's the best bet.

If I could have it my way every border would be erased along with every government plus all the CEO's who rip the workers off and throw them a carrot to chase and just feed them enough to survive

Lol I'm a Commie
I just found out

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I'm British I'm born here support England family came over with the Normans love my country and totally support my government in its Foreign Policy because that's the side I bat for Jmorris

And alot of people feel that way from whatever country you are talking about, and yes, including China.

So, the Chinese government will do something bad, but most of their people are behind them. The UK government will do something bad, test, most of their people are behind them. The American givernment will do something bad, yet, most of their people are behind them.

See what I am getting at here? Patrioism for your country means that these governments can get away with whatever they want.

You talk about poverty in the UK, and people struggling. Are any of the mps, or people in government struggling? Of course not. Do soldiers come back from conflicts and wars in the UK and not struggle? Of course they struggle, that's why we have charities like the royal British legion.

All governments care about is money, power and control, and they control us quite easy.

I do totally agree that all states perpetrate errors at times, but if we all had a Quisling attitude there would be no Great Britain right now, I advise you to get onside as it's the best bet.

Sorry, but the only way we are going to survive as a race, is if we work together. Our current mentallity mean we will always be on the brink of wars and conflicts.

If I could have it my way every border would be erased along with every government plus all the CEO's who rip the workers off and throw them a carrot to chase and just feed them enough to survive

Lol I'm a Commie 

I just found out 

I always try and look at the bigger picture, and how the human race eill survive. If aliens came to earth tomorrow and let themselves knows, then all these country conflicts would vanish. We would then realise we are all the same. Most people want to live their lives, bring up a family and have a good life. But we have people in power who want to be control of that. Alot of people struggle with life, but I gurentee these people do not. They are wealthy, hold power, and control the masses.

This is what needs to change. But I feel it's going to take a ww3 for people to actually realise this.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Those are missions, they are for the United Nations. Your link has the embassies above the missions, they are in DC.

Man do you ever admit you're wrong??

Read the text from my link again

Nine diplomatic missions in New York City listed below are also formally accredited as each country's official embassy to the United States.

For example, Andorra. Scan the list of embassies located in Washington DC. Note the absence of Andorra from that list, and scroll down to find it in the list of missions in NYC.

Google "Andorra US Embassy" and you find:

Andorra has no embassy in Washington, DC, but maintains a permanent representative to the United Nations in New York, who also is simultaneously accredited as Ambassador to the United States.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Looks like I was, these small countries most likely cannot afford to keep an official embassy in DC and a UN mission in New York simultaneously.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
China could use a curbie.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Looks like I was, these small countries most likely cannot afford to keep an official embassy in DC and a UN mission in New York simultaneously.

Star for you, and extra credit for correctly pointing out my mistake in conflating embassies and consulates.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Not much downward movements in the markets today, only slightly down so far.

I haven't heard any news about potential Chinese retaliation against the US, which is odd. I had originally considered the idea that this was a pre-planned symbolic move, for both sides, Now, if China doesn't have a quick response that was already premeditated, makes me think this might have actually caught them off guard.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Oh they did retaliate just a bit ago.
China hits back, orders closure of US consulate in Chengdu

Chengdu sounds so familiar. Oh yea, bullsh it illumination satellites.

Chengdu is space city, Houston is mission control. Hello!! There is a connection there!!! Space! Is the asteroids thing or aliens or both..... Right???

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
What China has learned is most of the world can be bought, what we are learning is politicians and big business has sold us out. Now we have sellers remorse, LOL the industry I'm in started moving over seas in the late 80's. Lot of companies and men and women made a lot money in the switch over, but it seriously looks like China has wrung every last dollar from the business. With everything else going on, it's one of many that may not survive and if it does it will be decades before it hits its former glory.

Any business any industry must have diversity or eventually it's at the mercy of that bottleneck. My Dad (RIP) called it in the early 90's even as the business supported 5 families and a handful of employees. He said the industry sold out control and ownership for the immediate quick buck way back then,and now the industry in flushed with old product it can't sell retail or wholesale and the retail environment is likely to never return and the wholesale end faces massive changes and immediate uncertainties.

In other words we are screwed, hopefully a few at least got out from under China's thumb locating production elsewhere but it's not in the USA. No telling how many small industries have been kicked in the nuts by China's COVID initially and now getting a roundhouse from the socio/political climate.

This is why as distasteful as Trump to some, he is the only choice that may bring back the economy quick enough to avoid complete financial disaster for the next 5 years. China wants Biden because like so many of the men and women in my industry decades ago,he can bought and manipulated. We don't start reversing this now it will really be too late, hell it probably already is.

A lot of our problems can be laid on the doorstep of "Free Market Capitalists" that invaded Washington DC with lobbyists and pushed for these trade pacts.

Anyone that went against trade with China was called a business hating Commie.

I think China should confiscate all American Business in China and block all trade routes to other slave labor countries in Asia.

It would be a win for the MAGA crowd by forcing the cheap labor express back to this country.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
No 2 Yes people do buy it but our rulers / business elite have allowed this...

No. YOU allowed it.

People buy cheap consumerist crap because they want cheap consumerist crap. It isn't some government plot otherwise s***holes like Walmart wouldn't exist.

I dont blame the consumers.
They buy whatever is available and today it is all widgets made in slave labor countries.

No, we can look to the banking and corporate masters that not only infest DC with lobbyists, they also bankroll all the running politicians for us to select from.

Millions protested against the trade pacts being pushed by the corporate and banking sector and they were given the finger.

The rest is history.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Oh they did retaliate just a bit ago.
China hits back, orders closure of US consulate in Chengdu

Chengdu sounds so familiar. Oh yea, bullsh it illumination satellites.

Chengdu is space city, Houston is mission control. Hello!! There is a connection there!!! Space! Is the asteroids thing or aliens or both..... Right???

Would be a very convenient cover to evacuate personnel from those areas under cover of diplomatic issues...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join