It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal law enforcement pulling people of the street in Portland

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Supposed Federal law enforcement with no badges, no insignia, in camouflage, riding around in unmarked minivans, apparently kidnapping—without being mirandized or told what they are potentially charged with—people walking down the street, taken to a remote location (Federal courthouse?), search photographed, interrogated (or attempted), and then let go.

While the claim is the the federal agents are there to protect federal property, these alleged incidents are just on Portland streets.

If this is actually what is happening:

This is definitely some Gestapo type #. NO ONE should be ok with this, left or right. This type of stuff used to unify ATS, unidentifiable federal agents bagging people on the streets.

Are these Federal agents, contractors, or militia playing LE?

WAPO: ‘It was like being preyed upon’: Portland protesters say federal officers in unmarked vans are detaining them

Peace protesting is NOT a crime. Neither is attending one. Neither is walking down the street.

edit on 17-7-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The article stated this has occurred on nights with no violence or tear gas. So it's still considered a riot?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Maybe the cops are starting to "protest" back.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: frogs453

What did they do? are they indeed peaceful protestors or provocateurs who were breaking laws and being violent?

If you read the article, one of them did nothing but wear black clothes and walked down the road.
Everything is wrong.
Yes they should arrest anyone who breaks or steals stuff, but they have to do it legally. Hahaha, I just wanted to say 'by the police' but then I remembered that all BLM protestors want the police dismantled.
I guess we have two choices.
One, we let the kids run wild and destroy everything like a bunch of wild zoo animals on the lose...or someone BUT the police will come and sort out people in a very different way.

I have to say that I am usually against these undercover arrests, they are scary and sound not quite legal and yet....maybe some people need to see what it would be like if there was no more Police. Do they really think we let them do whatever they like?
No Police - dodgy black van abducting you.

Their choice. Unfortunate that innocents have to pay.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: projectvxn

The article stated this has occurred on nights with no violence or tear gas. So it's still considered a riot?

There haven't BEEN any nights with no violence!

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Boadicea

No.

Everyone is making assumptions based on limited information.

Unless you know everything that the cops know in Portland.

In that case, I apologize.

I have no idea what the LEOs in Portland know or don't know. And neither do you. I do know the Constitution, including the Bill of Rights, and that there is no moral or legal authority for this described detention, much less cold-blooded murder by a cop playing judge, jury and executioner.

What the LEOs in Portland know or don't know is only pertinent to making arrests. Period. Not illegal detention and/or execution by a government gun without benefit of due process and equal application of the law.

And you do know that too.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
This can not be constitutional. This is some gestapo sh**. If these guys can pull up and just grab people then any private citizens could do the same. This is unlawful imprisonment.

They played stupid games now they're winning stupid prizes. I said in the beginning those clowns would bring this about because they were too stupid to protest legally. Now every one is a target. Or at least the media will make you think everyone is a target and probably neglect whatever intel was gathered on individuals before round up.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

So you believe the OP's statement is factual.

That police are dragging people off the street.

What empirical evidence do you have?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Were these incents wearing masks covering their faces hiding their identification? If they are not up to no good whyn hide your face?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

So you believe the OP's statement is factual.

That police are dragging people off the street.

What empirical evidence do you have?

I didn't claim to know -- or believe -- a damn thing. My exact words:

...and that there is no moral or legal authority for this described detention...

Further, I have specifically and pointedly referred to our Constitutional rights, due process and equal application of the law. In other words, the proper protocol and process for determining guilt or innocence in accordance with law.

Most important, I took exception to your demand for LEOs to play judge, jury and executioner in direct violation of our Constitutional rights, due process and equal application of the law. And I noted that this is exactly what got us here to begin with.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If the men in unmarked vehicles were not identified how do we know they were law enforcement?

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I think people, not cops, should be shooting the looters in their pathetic little smug faces when they try to destroy the people's private property or try to kill the families of the people.

I never mentioned cops.

But you've done a great job of virtue signaling to everyone how terrible cops are and that people should die so some moronic thugs can get free stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sounds like bought and paid for agitators on Social Media - no doubt well funded to create chaos for the masses

It's a disease - It is an Election Year .... They thought she would never lose

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Funny as hell and I bet it scared the stink out of them.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Hmm... guess I took the state officials word that it was federal law enforcement. If not you have random armed men with weapons and fatigues taking people off the streets for photoshoots at the federal courthouse. That would be a pretty big problem I would think.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

As long as rights aren't being violated, those breaking the law should have to atone.

Now, if they aren't being read their rights as they are being arrested, or if they don't know these are cops I would object... But I don't know if that's the case.

Also, very obscure case, but not unheard of during widespread uproar would be the use of Stingrays. Not a fan.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

But you've done a great job of virtue signaling to everyone how terrible cops are and that people should die so some moronic thugs can get free stuff.

LOL!!! What a crock!!! I never said "how terrible cops are" nor did I say that anyone should die for any reason. Pretty damn pathetic when you have to make crap words up to put in my mouth to distract and deflect from YOUR words.

YOU called for cops to be judge, jury and executioner without due process nor equal application of the law -- and that's on YOU. And I clearly directed my words to YOU. If YOU can't back your words up, that's on YOU as well. I can and have and will continue to do so.

Some cops are terrible. But certainly not all. Good cops follow and enforce the law. Good cops don't illegally detain suspects -- they arrest them. Good cops don't violate due process and equal application of the law. Good cops don't play judge, jury and executioner.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
They should be pulling them off the streets. 48 nights straight of rioting, looting, destroying.

Portland is my home town. It’s a disgrace what it’s become.

LEOS’s and citizens need to get a grip on that place.

Example, my sister writes a FB post about one of our favorite restaurants closing for good due to the Corona.

2 of our friends that we grew up with started chiming in about how they support Antifa. One I’ve know for 40 years. The other for 27.

They aren’t my friends anymore.....

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Could be said about ALL "People"
MSM
POLITICIANS
DOCTORS
YOUR NEIGHBOR
huh

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
These protests have been co-opted by anarchist and rioters.

The genuine protesters could denounce the violence if they so chose.

Until they do, well, run with dogs and you are gonna get a few fleas.

Zero shts given here. Bring the hammer down.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join