It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal law enforcement pulling people of the street in Portland

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Federal law enforcement have been sent in to protect Federal buildings. There are many reports of them pulling people off the streets into unmarked vehicles.

Blinded by his hat, in an unmarked minivan full of armed people dressed in camouflage and body armor who hadn’t identified themselves, Pettibone said he was driven around downtown before being unloaded inside a building. He wouldn’t learn until after his release that he had been inside the federal courthouse. 

Opinions? Is this acceptable only for these protests? Would your opinion change if it happens at any of the anti mask protests that are upcoming?

Link
edit on Fri Jul 17 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

What did they do? are they indeed peaceful protestors or provocateurs who were breaking laws and being violent?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

This article and other videos show people not near federal buildings and walking being pulled into unmarked vehicles including nights with no violence. As I don't know them personally and wasn't there I could not definitively state the evening of events.

Some of the people taken have stated there were no charges or even paperwork, so it would seem there was no crime.
edit on 17-7-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

+58 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Cops are being attacked, buildings are being trashed, over 23 million dollars in damages to local businesses so far.

Many are closing permanently.

Personally?

I think they should start shooting the looters and ones destroying private property.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This can not be constitutional. This is some gestapo sh**. If these guys can pull up and just grab people then any private citizens could do the same. This is unlawful imprisonment.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
CIA boats with stern mounted wood chippers bogging down the RPM non-stop 24/7.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Then they need to clean up NYC especialy the person beating a cop with a baseball bat, if that had been a private citizen they would of had every right to shoot bitch in self defence.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I don't think anyone disputes looters or attackers should not be arrested. What do think about someone who attended a protest being pulled off the street by unidentified agents into unmarked vehicles, searched, photographed, and then released with no charge, no paperwork to even note they were stopped?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I think they should start shooting the looters and ones destroying private property.

Um... yeah... pot meet kettle.

Cops playing judge, jury and executioner is what got us here to begin with. And those who cheer them on of course.

+34 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Cops playing judge, jury and executioner is what got us here to begin with. And those who cheer them on of course.

If someone is breaking into your home, burning your property, harming your family, destroying everything you own, you don't have a right to stop them?

Are you insane?

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

I don't think anyone disputes looters or attackers should not be arrested. What do think about someone who attended a protest being pulled off the street by unidentified agents into unmarked vehicles, searched, photographed, and then released with no charge, no paperwork to even note they were stopped?

Are we just taking some guys word?

I mean, if we're doing that then I can state that I'm King of the Planet and you have to buy me bourbon.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Defund the looters

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

There are quite a few videos posted of various encounters.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

There are quite a few videos posted of various encounters.

lol

And videos are never selectively edited.

'Kay.

Let's just assume then that the cops are bad, they are evil, and the innocent lambs torching buildings, looting stores are just misunderstood.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If someone is breaking into your home, burning your property, harming your family, destroying everything you own, you don't have a right to stop them?

Are you insane?

I would totally be for this if we were allowed to self defend from cop brutality

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No one is talking about someone breaking into my home, burning my property, harming my family, and/or destroying everything I own.

We are talking about LEOs violating every single enumerated right we have, with a complete disregard for due process, including the absolute inalienable right to LIFE. We are talking about LEOs playing judge, jury and executioner... which is exactly what got us here to begin with.

Are you insane?

Nope.

However, someone MUCH WISER than me said that the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. HTH.

edit on 17-7-2020 by Boadicea because: replaced "you" with "I"

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

No.

Everyone is making assumptions based on limited information.

Unless you know everything that the cops know in Portland.

In that case, I apologize.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: zxunda

Are you insane?

I would totally be for this if we were allowed to self defend from cop brutality

I have a solution. DON'T BREAK THE LAW. Wow, who would have thunk it was just this damn easy.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: zxunda

Are you insane?

There ought to be a law against that.

Oh wait. . . .

+31 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Stop calling them protests.

They are riots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join