It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal law enforcement pulling people of the street in Portland

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: peck420

It might be #ed up as you say, but it is still the greatest effing country in the history of this world.

Chant it loud and proud!

Just like the did in Germany.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Agitators on Social Media tried to start a Riot a week ago in Detroit -

Then out of town organized Protests exploded until the situation was proven to be what it was - A Criminal Was Shot by Police that was trying to shoot them -
Jump to 2:20 to hear about the Social media influence ....

Graphic video of fatal shooting released by DPD to combat rumors on social media

edit on 7172020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is interesting. If you want to play the innuendo game....

From May 2019.

Oregon has third-highest rate of open missing person cases in U.S., study says

by Joe Douglass, KATU News
Tuesday, May 21st 2019

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: Boadicea
It's ridiculous for anyone to paint all cops as good or bad.

Not really.

And this level of ignorance is why the US is considered...ignorant.

Oh dear lordy...

You have police unions protecting bad cops.

Yes, we do.

Police unions that are representations of the WHOLE. That are voted on by the WHOLE.

Please link me to the absolute mandate that ALL police officers are REQUIRED to join a union... and then please link me to election results indicating UNANIMOUS votes for everything. Quite honestly, I don't think you can, because I don't think that's the case. But if you can prove me wrong, I will happy to have my ignorance corrected.

As long as there is institutionalized protections for said bad cops, being ignored by good cops, you don't actually have good cops.

First and foremost, protecting bad cops does not in any way, shape or form prove that there are not good cops.

Second, police officers are required to enforce the laws as they stand... not what they want to enforce or not. Further, those contracts are not negotiated by police officers. They can only vote yea or nay on what is presented to them.

Third, being unable to change what others do does not make a "bad" cop. Nor does every cop act badly just because they can. Many, probably MOST, live and act in accordance with their own conscience to the best of their ability.

Finally, I'm damn grateful that good cops don't walk away and just leave us with nothing but bad cops. They may not be able to change others, but the good cops go a loooooooong way towards ameliorating the damage of the bad cops.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
We're all about to lose our rights, the cowboys are okay with this Gestapo $#!+ only for the moment because they're flexing their military might on people they don't like and disagree with.

Which is perfect because those who are defending the crackdowns on protesters stand to lose more than the protesters do.

Divided we fall, and whether you agree with the protesters or not, we are all going down together, deservedly.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Do you mean to say Federal Law Enforcement are taking People who are not at home but who are out in the Public into Custody ?

Because that seems like a very comforting thought to me.

Seems like Good People just doing their jobs during challenging times to me.

This correction has been brought to you courtesy of Word Warriors Anonymous.

edit on 17-7-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

You obviously haven't travelled outside your bubble.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

this is what was originally said. YOU inferred he meant Police shooting people.

Maybe... maybe not. Taken in context, there was no mention of anyone except police in the comment I responded to, so I did not need to "infer" anything. If the poster was not clear in their words and intent, then the poster had every opportunity to make themselves clear. They did not.

So let's all not put words in others mouths, or anything else for that matter.

Fair enough.

DB is a staunch constitutionalist and you seem to be fighting for the same cause.

Maybe. Maybe not. I would like to think so...

I think the portrayal in the OP is skewed and not giving all the facts. But when would a news article ever try to sway opinions.

Truth. No argument nor exception there.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: frogs453

What did they do? are they indeed peaceful protestors or provocateurs who were breaking laws and being violent?

Doesn't matter who was, can't say arrested, but detained or kidnapped, only that they was no identification of the 'officers '.

Is it okay for secret police to pull anybody off the streets of 'American'. Who are these officers, from what agency or are they just hired thugs.

America great enough for you yet?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

I think you missed one thing here. "Judge, jury, and executioner."

Um... okay... but I'm not sure what you mean.

Where do you think it belongs in my quoted comment?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If I am licensed to carry...

And you, wearing no indication that you are authorized law enforcement, attempt to grab me off the street with no no warning and no self-identification as a LEO...

You will likely be shot.

Else wise, would I, or any of us, even consider going to the trouble and expense of obtaining a CCP, if not to protect ourselves from assaults?

When faced with an unprovoked assault, isn’t the protocol “shoot first, ask questions later”?

edit on 17-7-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: projectvxn

The article stated this has occurred on nights with no violence or tear gas. So it's still considered a riot?

Let me let you in on how his works:

During the riots, law enforcement is taking pictures, recording video, and essentially "tagging" people. When it is safe to do so, the rioters get black bagged and taken in. Some get charged others don't.

I think this is exactly what’s happening. Perpetrators are doing what they do, getting filmed and later being detained when it’s safe for the LEO’s to do so.

Guarantee you we’re not getting the whole story from this “one” guy. The story some of you are banking your angst on smells of rot fish to me.

Anyways, if true, maybe the dumb # shouldn’t be walking around at 2:00 in the morning, dressed in black, while an ongoing riot has been raging for over a month. Use some common eff’n sense people.

I have ZERO sympathy for any of these whining sniveling bitch’s. Screw their rights.

edit on 17-7-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: highvein

It might be #ed up as you say, but it is still the greatest effing country in the history of this world.

Chant it loud and proud!

Just like the did in Germany.

The only ones acting like brow shirts are the rioters and looters basicly the left.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Okay. USA. USA. USA. Do you feel better now?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
First they came for the looters. . .
Then they came for the arsonists. . . .
Then they came for the murderers. . . . .

And still people screamed to defund the police.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: zxunda

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

I think they should start shooting the looters and ones destroying private property.

Um... yeah... pot meet kettle.

Cops playing judge, jury and executioner is what got us here to begin with. And those who cheer them on of course.

If someone is breaking into your home, burning your property, harming your family, destroying everything you own, you don't have a right to stop them?

Are you insane?

I would totally be for this if we were allowed to self defend from cop brutality

I have a solution. DON'T BREAK THE LAW. Wow, who would have thunk it was just this damn easy.

Wow who'd ever think of that???
Too bad there's so much evidence that proves that even without breaking the law they won't respect your rights.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I think they should start shooting the looters and ones destroying private property.

Cops playing judge, jury and executioner is what got us here to begin with. And those who cheer them on of course.

If someone is breaking into your home, burning your property, harming your family, destroying everything you own, you don't have a right to stop them?

Are you insane?

I would totally be for this if we were allowed to self defend from cop brutality

There ought to be a law against that.

Oh wait. . . .

I would totally be for shooting looters in self defense if common citizens would be able shoot off cops from harassing and not respecting your rights because mad kid wants sense of authority.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Are you insane?

There ought to be a law against that.

Oh wait. . . .

I would totally be for shooting looters in self defense if common citizens would be able shoot off cops from harassing and not respecting your rights because mad kid wants sense of authority.

So you're against shooting people who may harm you or kill you because we can't shoot cops?

That's a full bucket of stupid.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I support whatever it takes to regain control of radical elements in this country. 👍

If it has to be done "under the radar", so be it.

I have a personal zero-tolerance policy for leftist BS.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: frogs453

As long as rights aren't being violated, those breaking the law should have to atone.

Now, if they aren't being read their rights as they are being arrested, or if they don't know these are cops I would object... But I don't know if that's the case.

Also, very obscure case, but not unheard of during widespread uproar would be the use of Stingrays. Not a fan.

They are not being arrested. Just taken without their will. It is nothing less than kidnapping.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join