It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal law enforcement pulling people of the street in Portland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

You are trying to compare apples to oranges. This thread don't fly.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: Boadicea

Could be said about ALL "People"
MSM
POLITICIANS
DOCTORS
YOUR NEIGHBOR
huh

Exactly. There are bad apples in every group, and usually we don't have to throw out the whole bunch -- just the bad ones.

So of course there are bad cops, and of course we need to weed them out. And if it's an entire department of bad cops among the many departments of good cops, so be it.

It's ridiculous for anyone to paint all cops as good or bad.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Not really.

And this level of ignorance is why the US is considered...ignorant.

You have police unions protecting bad cops. Police unions that are representations of the WHOLE. That are voted on by the WHOLE.

As long as there is institutionalized protections for said bad cops, being ignored by good cops, you don't actually have good cops.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

If the men in unmarked vehicles were not identified how do we know they were law enforcement?

Are there now growing reports of missing individuals? Or growing number of arraignments? Or arraignments that match the supposed inductions?
edit on 17-7-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

These aren't just "people" being pulled off the streets.

They are extremist left wing domestic terrorists.

I for one am glad they are being detained and hopefully on their way to many years in prison.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

That would a problem. Do you have the links to the videos that the person in your link says they took. It would be good to see what he is talking about.
edit on 17-7-2020 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I believe that they are persons observed in riots that are being bagged and tagged and released. Most likely being photographed, names and iD's taken and told that if they are seen again in the presence of any looting or violent conduct, they will be arrested.

Nothing wrong with that, since these idiots in Portland think they can keep this up as long as they want. The meaning of why they are protesting is long lost in them. They are assholes and need to be taken off the streets. Enough is Enough.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

I for one am glad they are being detained and hopefully on their way to many years in prison.

First they came for the "left wing extremists"....

We all know where this ends.

I can't believe I will actually quote Star Wars, but they were right, the republic will fall with thunderous applause.
edit on 17-7-2020 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

I can't believe I will actually quote Star Wars, but they were right, the republic will fall with thunderous applause.

And then the country lived happily ever after?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

No it wouldn't be acceptable at an anti-mask protest because people at anti-mask protests aren't causing chaos and disorder. If they DO, indeed, cause chaos and disorder then it will be acceptable. A progressive protest and a normal protest is night and day different.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

And then the country lived happily ever after?

This is how #ed up your country is.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think anyone disputes looters or attackers should not be arrested. What do think about someone who attended a protest being pulled off the street by unidentified agents into unmarked vehicles, searched, photographed, and then released with no charge, no paperwork to even note they were stopped?

I can get behind getting choosy here about protests.

If it's BLM protestors/rioters/5-finger discounters, then have at it, gentlemen. Leave everyone else alone. Except those folks, they keep wrecking other people's s#.
edit on 7/17/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: projectvxn

The article stated this has occurred on nights with no violence or tear gas. So it's still considered a riot?

Let me let you in on how his works:

During the riots, law enforcement is taking pictures, recording video, and essentially "tagging" people. When it is safe to do so, the rioters get black bagged and taken in. Some get charged others don't.

edit on 7 17 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But you've done a great job of virtue signaling to everyone how terrible cops are and that people should die so some moronic thugs can get free stuff.

LOL!!! What a crock!!! I never said "how terrible cops are" nor did I say that anyone should die for any reason. Pretty damn pathetic when you have to make crap words up to put in my mouth to distract and deflect from YOUR words.

YOU called for cops to be judge, jury and executioner without due process nor equal application of the law -- and that's on YOU. And I clearly directed my words to YOU. If YOU can't back your words up, that's on YOU as well. I can and have and will continue to do so.

Some cops are terrible. But certainly not all. Good cops follow and enforce the law. Good cops don't illegally detain suspects -- they arrest them. Good cops don't violate due process and equal application of the law. Good cops don't play judge, jury and executioner.

I think it's time to step back and breath a minute.

Cops are being attacked, buildings are being trashed, over 23 million dollars in damages to local businesses so far.

Many are closing permanently.

Personally?

I think they should start shooting the looters and ones destroying private property.

this is what was originally said.

YOU inferred he meant Police shooting people. So let's all not put words in others mouths, or anything else for that matter.

DB is a staunch constitutionalist, and you seem to be fighting for the same cause.

I think the portrayal in the OP is skewed and not giving all the facts. But when would a news article ever try to sway opinions.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

It might be #ed up as you say, but it is still the greatest effing country in the history of this world.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

Could be said about ALL "People"
MSM
POLITICIANS
DOCTORS
YOUR NEIGHBOR
huh

Exactly. There are bad apples in every group, and usually we don't have to throw out the whole bunch -- just the bad ones.

So of course there are bad cops, and of course we need to weed them out. And if it's an entire department of bad cops among the many departments of good cops, so be it.

I think you missed one thing here. "Judge, jury, and executioner."

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

This is what these people wanted!

This is what happens when the police are defunded.

Be glad this isn't the gun tooting pissed of silent majority. We've had enough and things would end differently for these commies guaranteed.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I don't know.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Supposed Federal law enforcement with no badges, no insignia, in camouflage, riding around in unmarked minivans, apparently kidnapping—without being mirandized or told what they are potentially charged with—people walking down the street, taken to a remote location (Federal courthouse?), search photographed, interrogated (or attempted), and then let go.

While the claim is the the federal agents are there to protect federal property, these alleged incidents are just on Portland streets.

If this is actually what is happening:

This is definitely some Gestapo type #. NO ONE should be ok with this, left or right. This type of stuff used to unify ATS, unidentifiable federal agents bagging people on the streets.

Are these Federal agents, contractors, or militia playing LE?

WAPO: ‘It was like being preyed upon’: Portland protesters say federal officers in unmarked vans are detaining them

Peace protesting is NOT a crime. Neither is attending one. Neither is walking down the street.

This is some scary #. The first thing that popped into my head after reading the US Marshall said it wasn't their people was, is this some sort of retaliatory action by a militia group? If so, this cannot be allowed. The only thing is, and we certainly don't have all the info obviously, but the part about him finding out he's in a federal courthouse is disturbing. I will wait and I expect others to wait until we find out exactly what happened and who gave it the green light before blaming anyone.

We want lawful justice, not vigilantism.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: neutronflux

I don't know.

Not to you. The thread in general. Not lots of evidence with no documented “lost” persons?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join